Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Hand Sanitizer and Mr Clean magic sponges are not recommend either. for cleaning acrylic.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
sc magnolia likes this post.
Unread 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #42
Glitter Guru

I bought mine in November 2014. I've only used it a 2-3 times for individual projects (not mass production) and there are no cracks. However, as it's a pre-March 2015 MISTI, I fear that cracks will occur in the future. I'm now hesitant to use this expensive tool, and I've got wedding things and holiday cards to make this Fall.

Does anyone know what the official process is for this of us who have MISTIs from the period that My Sweet Petunia has admitted is when the tools were made with defective acrylic? Do we wait for them to fail? Is there a time limit?

Ideally, we should be able to send back (at MSP's expense) the MISTIs made during the period the manufacturer admits it was using defective acrylic. We shouldn't have to live in fear of using these! Barring that, we should be allowed to exchange these MISTIs for new MISTIs at any point in the future if the acrylic cracks.
Unread 07-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
I bought mine in November 2014. I've only used it a 2-3 times for individual projects (not mass production) and there are no cracks. However, as it's a pre-March 2015 MISTI, I fear that cracks will occur in the future. I'm now hesitant to use this expensive tool, and I've got wedding things and holiday cards to make this Fall.

Does anyone know what the official process is for this of us who have MISTIs from the period that My Sweet Petunia has admitted is when the tools were made with defective acrylic? Do we wait for them to fail? Is there a time limit?

Ideally, we should be able to send back (at MSP's expense) the MISTIs made during the period the manufacturer admits it was using defective acrylic. We shouldn't have to live in fear of using these! Barring that, we should be allowed to exchange these MISTIs for new MISTIs at any point in the future if the acrylic cracks.

No one here can answer your questions. Illiana has stated she does not do customer service here on SCS. You must contact her through her website, My Sweet Petunia, for direct answers to your questions.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Unread 07-27-2015, 05:28 AM   #44
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post

Hi Meg - you don't need to be afraid to use your MISTI. We were not using defective acrylic - there was an edge treatment done on the acrylic that compromised its integrity. We replace 100% of the ones with the defect, so don't worry about yours not getting replaced if the crazing occurs. Please note that it occurred in less than 1% of MISTIs. Not all were affected.

The defect is easy to spot on visual inspection. Anyone with questions - please feel free to contact us through our website as Leslie said.
amysings, EvelynJ, TheOtherMeg and 1 others like this post.
Unread 07-27-2015, 06:22 AM   #45
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySweetPetunia View Post
Hi Meg - you don't need to be afraid to use your MISTI. We were not using defective acrylic - there was an edge treatment done on the acrylic that compromised its integrity. We replace 100% of the ones with the defect, so don't worry about yours not getting replaced if the crazing occurs. Please note that it occurred in less than 1% of MISTIs. Not all were affected.

The defect is easy to spot on visual inspection. Anyone with questions - please feel free to contact us through our website as Leslie said.
Thanks you so much for your reply! I appreciate the information.
Unread 07-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #46
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post

Google Letter Press Platform by Life Style Crafts and you will find videos showing you how that works and it is the same principal as the MISTI
Or if you prefer you can look at a Letter Press platform at Hobby Lobby. They sell them
I did compare the price of this verses the Misti, and found them to cost roughly the same.

Mine cracked also, but I think its from stamping hard. I have stamps that are thin, ones I unmounted and put on EZ Mount Foam so they are much thicker, etc. I was pressing too hard on the top plate. I have also got some 'play' in the hinges so it's not as tight/accurate as it was 6 months ago.

I've learned to be gentle with it and not put stress on the corners or hinges.
Unread 07-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #47
Crimping Master

It's a great tool. I do think that other similar products will surface in the next year that will drop this price point from $50 down to $25 via competition. Then I will replace mine.
TheOtherMeg and melissa59 like this post.
Unread 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #48
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Seems to me that it would be in everyone's interest for the developer of the original model, the inventive gal who owns the patent, to sell her patent to a manufacturer who is more knowledgeable of the materials needed to produce such a product. I would also hope that a traditional manufacturer would be able to mass produce the item at a substantially lower price.

The MISTI is certainly intriguing and I know people love their MISTI, but I could never see myself shelling out $50 for such a gadget, even if it had no issues. For $20, I'd be all over it. I might even consider paying $30. But no way I'd pay $50.

For now, I'll stick with my $10 Fiskars Easy Stamp Press. I've had it forever and it does everything I need (just don't squish the foam pads during storage). I might feel differently if I needed repeated precisely placed stamping--but so far I don't.
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Unread 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #49
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
The MISTI is certainly intriguing and I know people love their MISTI, but I could never see myself shelling out $50 for such a gadget, even if it had no issues. For $20, I'd be all over it. I might even consider paying $30. But no way I'd pay $50.
I felt the same way - until I used one.

I have not made a card without it since I bought it in December - no tool has changed the way I stamp like this one. Before the MISTI - my Big Shot was my MVP - and I paid $99 for that. And I probably would pay twice that for a Big Shot knowing all the things it does and how reliable a tool it is.

I probably got $50 worth of value out of the MISTI the first week I had it. I cannot tell you how many sheets of cardstock I pitched before this that were poorly inked or stamped crooked.

I'm glad you like the stamp press - it's a great tool - but it's light years different from what the MISTI does. I have one too - and Fiskars makes fabulous products all the way around. But those two tools are not comparable at all in terms of what they do.

But budgets are unique to all of us and I totally understand! I hope maybe you can win one or borrow from a friend so you can see the difference.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store | My Online Classes
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

dini, Stampin' Camper, amysings and 8 others like this post.
Unread 07-29-2015, 02:17 AM   #50
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I have stated several times here at SCS, that MISTI is truly the best craft tool I have EVER purchased. It also represents excellent value for money when I compare it to other craft purchases.

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
UnderstandBlue, amysings, EvelynJ and 2 others like this post.
Unread 07-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #51
Crimping Master

Some one pointed out that they were using a CD case to do the same thing. I wish I had thought of that myself before I bought a Misti. The CD case would have been too small for most of the cards I make, but the CD cases that the SU stamps come in would be perfect. And those are free and I have a ton of those.

Yes, it won't do all the wonderful things a Misti does, but the hinge concept is really what makes the tool so useful for me. I can put grid marks on any hinged case, I can add foam, add grid paper to the bottom, and the templates to stamp in a circle can be used in the CD/SU stamp case also. Its just a box with a hinged cover on it - I should have thought more about it and been creative in finding something similar. Being able to stamp repeatedly in the same place can be achieved in other ways.
hoptownracer1 and GirlFriday like this post.
Unread 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Same here. Used mine twice, always stored away from light, in a drawer by itself. It has the polished edges that were reported to have the cracking problem. I have to mail it in to be evaluated. But I'm not going to bother.
Mine has now developed cracks too. It was used twice, kept in a dark drawer and only cleaned with water.

Barbara
dawnmercedes likes this post.
Unread 07-31-2015, 09:52 PM   #53
Pearl-ExPert

Mine has some cracks/crazing, but it does not affect performance. I might not spend $50 if I were first getting started in stamping, but it is a good value for me now along the lines of my Big Shot, guillotine paper cutter, and ScorePal.

For me, the biggest benefit is the ability to restamp to get a solid image. My Fiskars stamp press cannot do that.

I have been doing a lot of stamping on watercolor paper recently, and it is very useful to restamp given the uneven surface of the paper.
Unread 07-31-2015, 10:03 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTracy View Post

I have been doing a lot of stamping on watercolor paper recently, and it is very useful to restamp given the uneven surface of the paper.
YES. I stamp on WC paper about 70% of the time and I love it for that. I used to throw away so much expensive paper.

Love Splitcoast?

Unread 08-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #55
Compulsive Stamper

I bought my MISTI last fall when it was hand-made by Sweet Petunia. I have only used water and Novus cleaner on it but it has cracks around all four edges and the glue under both hinges is bubbly and crackly looking. So far this doesn't affect my stamping. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse because I really enjoy using the tool. I am disappointed in Sweet Petunia's response to customers with cracking issues.
bunnystamper, dawnmercedes, sucor and 2 others like this post.
Unread 08-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #56
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborcricut View Post
I bought my MISTI last fall when it was hand-made by Sweet Petunia. I have only used water and Novus cleaner on it but it has cracks around all four edges and the glue under both hinges is bubbly and crackly looking. So far this doesn't affect my stamping. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse because I really enjoy using the tool. I am disappointed in Sweet Petunia's response to customers with cracking issues.
There is nothing to worry about. My Sweet Petunia's response at Post#44 should put your mind at ease.

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Unread 08-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #57
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie australia View Post
There is nothing to worry about. My Sweet Petunia's response at Post#44 should put your mind at ease.
I did contact her about the cracking and crazing and bubbly hinges and was told there is no warranty on my MISTI. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but still feel disappointed.
susie australia and Janet1000 like this post.
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #58
Compulsive Stamper

Default Update on MISTI plate cracking

Here is the back and forth that happened when I tried to get a replacement for my MISTI. I have not edited or changed anything other than to protect privacy. I am not bashing anyone, merely reporting what transpired. Read it and draw your own conclusions.

ME: I purchased the MISTI Stamping Tool at (where I purchased it) in February 2015. The edges of the top plate are cracking and I am concerned that the whole thing is going to crack and become unusable. I have heard that others have had this problem with some of their MISTI's and that you have replaced them for them. At this price, I would expect the MISTI to last more than 6-7 months. I contacted (where I purchased it) and they said to contact you. Can you help me?

ANSWER: Hi,I sure can help you! Under an old manufacturing process, I had a manufacturing defect that affected 1% (about) of the screen printed MISTIs. This defect is quite easy to spot and 100% of those are replaced, whether they fall under warranty or not. That defect is quite evident in photos. Please send me photos with proof of purchase. Then I can send you info on the next step.

ME: Here are the photos that you requested. The photos are of the bottom of the top plate which is where it is in bad shape. The top has one small crack at this point. It is still usable now, but I think eventually it will crack completely. I have only used the recommended NOVUS plastic cleaner on it and nothing else. Also attached is a Word Document that is a copy of my electronic receipt.

ANSWER: Thank you for contacting me. You purchased 161 days ago. I offer a 90 day warranty. Even though it's out of warranty, I can take yours back and inspect it for the edge defect that occurred in the first batch of manufactured MISTIs. You will need to mail it back at your expense and if it qualifies for a replacement then I will ship it to you at my expense. Please wrap it carefully in bubble wrap before shipping and use either Priority Mail or UPS. Address to return listed below. Be sure to put your information in the box. Thank you so much!

ME: I thought that any that were purchased before March 2015 had a known defect and that the photos were all you needed. Here is an exact quote from your E-mail that you initially sent me:

Under an old manufacturing process, I had a manufacturing defect that affected 1% (about) of the screen printed MISTIs. This defect is quite easy to spot and 100% of those are replaced, whether they fall under warranty or not. That defect is quite evident in photos. Please send me photos with proof of purchase. Then I can send you info on the next step.Thanks,

What are you looking for that needs an inspection (that the photos didnít cover) and what happens if you think mine doesnít warrant replacing? Will I then have to pay to have you ship it back? I use it almost everyday, and donít want to be without it. I have never mis-used it, so even without a manufacturing defect it should have held up with normal use. I will happily ship the damaged one back to you at my expense when I get the new one.

ANSWER:HI, If your product is usable then it is your usable then by all means keep it. However, if you would like a replacement then you need to mail it back. Thanks,

ME: Can you guarantee that I will receive a new one when I mail it back, or is it dependent upon your inspection?

ANSWER: I do not have any used ones. If it qualifies a new one will be sent.

Based on this information and things I had heard, I decided not to waste my money sending it back if I could not get a guarantee of a replacement, which is why I was hesitant to comply with her conditions in the first place. I have since had my husband make me something to replace it.

I have on other occasions received a few defective products from other companies and in all cases the manufacturer replaced them either on my word or with proof from photos. Only one requested I ship the product back to them and they mailed me a pre-paid shipping label with the replaced product. I was never left wondering whether I would get a replacement or not. I will/would continue to do business with any of them without qualms because of their customer service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com [mailto:customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:41 AM
To: Cindy Mitchell
Subject: RE: Contact Form Submission

Thank you for contacting me. You purchased 161 days ago. I offer a 90 day warranty. Even though it's out of warranty, I can take yours back and inspect it for the edge defect that occurred in the first batch of manufactured MISTIs. You will need to mail it back at your expense and if it qualifies for a replacement then I will ship it to you at my expense. Please wrap it carefully in bubble wrap before shipping and use either Priority Mail or UPS. Address to return listed below. Be sure to put your information in the box.

Thank you so much!

Iliana

My Sweet Petunia, Inc.

P.O. Box 122
Sherrard, Illinois61281

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:09am
To: customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com

Here are the photos that you requested. The photos are of the bottom of the top plate which is where it is in bad shape. The top has one small crack at this point.

It is still usable now, but I think eventually it will crack completely

I have only used the recommended NOVUS plastic cleaner on and nothing else.

Also attached is a Word Document that is a copy of my electronic receipt from Simon Says Stamp.

-Cindy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com [mailto:customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:36 AM
To: ckmitchell@q.com

Hi,

I sure can help you!

Under an old manufacturing process, I had a manufacturing defect that affected 1% (about) of the screen printed MISTIs. This defect is quite easy to spot and 100% of those are replaced, whether they fall under warranty or not. That defect is quite evident in photos. Please send me photos with proof of purchase. Then I can send you info on the next step.

Thanks,

Iliana

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:56am
To: customerservice@mysweetpetunia.com
Subject: Contact Form Submission

Sample Text Field1
Cindy Mitchell

Sample Text Field2
ckmitchell@q.com

Sample Text Field3
623-581-0668

Sample Text Area
I purchased the MISTI Stamping Tool at Simon Says Stamp in February 2015. The edges of the top plate are cracking and I am concerned that the whole thing is going to crack and become unusable. I have heard that others have had this problem with some of their MISTI's and that you have replaced them for them. At this price, I would expect the MISTI to last more than 6-7 months. I contacted Simon Says Stamp and they said to contact you. Can you help me?
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #59
Insane Embellisher

Can you say going in circles! Speedsk8ter it's just sad.....the tool is wonderful but if the creator won't stand behind their product and she requested the photos.....IMO that's bad.

I would think by now she has seen enough photos or units to know without something being shipped back if it's defective or not.

I'm sorry you've had this experience.
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #60
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsk8ter View Post
Here is the back and forth that happened when I tried to get a replacement for my MISTI. I have not edited or changed anything other than to protect privacy. I am not bashing anyone, merely reporting what transpired. Read it and draw your own conclusions.......

I purchased the MISTI Stamping Tool at Simon Says Stamp in February 2015. The edges of the top plate are cracking and I am concerned that the whole thing is going to crack and become unusable. I have heard that others have had this problem with some of their MISTI's and that you have replaced them for them. At this price, I would expect the MISTI to last more than 6-7 months. I contacted Simon Says Stamp and they said to contact you. Can you help me?
I bought mine from Simon Says in late January 2015 as well and have the same cracks along the edges...they do seem to be getting worse in the last few months, but since I discovered the first one major crack after the warranty had expired and before I had even used it that much, I have been "lurking" in this thread to see what the answers would be to the problem- so sorry to hear that you have had this response.

At this point, since I already paid extra$$ to get mine from Simon Says (and after seeing the response above) I will not be spending more $$ on postage for a possible rejection of replacement and will just pray that it does not crack to the point of non-use.

I do love the MISTI and find that I use it almost every day now...I have not used my clear blocks hardly at all since I have this great tool

My BlogInstagram Pinterest
Design/Creative Teams-
Artistic Outpost Our Daily Bread DesignsSweet 'n Sassy Stamps The Card Concept SUO Challenges

S2S17 + $240.00 as of 01/19/17
dawnmercedes and Bahb like this post.
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #61
Proud Fan Club Member

After reading all of the above posts, I do not believe I will be investing in a MISTI!! Will continue to use my acrylic blocks and stamp-a-ma-jig.
Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Unread 08-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #62
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

SpeedSk8ter, I don't fault a manufacturer for wanting to inspect an item before making a guarantee of replacement. It's common practice. Sony did that to me with a pair of headphones. However, I would have liked for her to say what she would do with your old MISTI if she found it did not meet her idea of "manufacturing defect."

Would she return yours at her cost? Would she hold it hostage until you sent her money to return it? Maybe she will give plans to replace all that are sent to her, but she's hoping people won't go through the hassle.

So many of you love your MISTI. It's obviously a wonderful idea with less than stellar implementation. This is sad for all involved. Sad for those of you who plunked down a big chunk of change for something that may not even last a year. Also sad for the gal who created it. I'm sure this whole crazing/cracking issue has turned into her own personal nightmare.

As I said before, I think it might be good for all involved if she sells her patent to a larger company who can mass produce the item for less using industry standards that have proven the test of time.
EvelynJ, Bahb and delacroix3721 like this post.
Unread 08-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #63

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't come in here sooner - summer is crazy for parents - who is ready for school to start?

For anyone with the edge defect that causes cracking on the lid - please email me through my website.

I will send you a shipping label (no cost to you) to mail your MISTI back to me for replacement - the new MISTI manufacturing process does not create the edge defect.

There appears to be a little misunderstanding about why I need them back, so I wanted to clear that up.

I work with a small, local manufacturer not too far from my home.

While the defect rate is below 1%, I still have to have the defective products to show the manufacturer in order to get credit for them on my end.

I know that bigger companies have more leeway in terms of income and resources, but as a small individual start-up company, I unfortunately don't have that leeway and I need to return these defective products to recoup my costs so that I can stay viable.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding this has caused and for the perception that I'm not replacing these products - that's not the case.

I have a 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects, but I have replaced 100% of the defective products even outside my own warranty.

Julie and others please just contact me and we'll get your return and replacement underway ASAP.
Unread 08-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #64
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thanks Iliana- I sent an email

My BlogInstagram Pinterest
Design/Creative Teams-
Artistic Outpost Our Daily Bread DesignsSweet 'n Sassy Stamps The Card Concept SUO Challenges

S2S17 + $240.00 as of 01/19/17
UnderstandBlue and CherylQuilts like this post.
Unread 08-07-2015, 06:10 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Gearinger View Post
Thanks Iliana- I sent an email
I don't have an email from you.
hello@mysweetpetunia.com
CherylQuilts and Julie Gearinger like this post.
Unread 08-07-2015, 07:35 AM   #66
Crimping Master

I love this forum. Things get settled - one way or the other. Thanks for all the information posted.
Unread 08-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #67
Rubber Obsessor

I've got birthday funds and am hoping to get a MISTI. I usually do multiples of party invitations, thank yous and always stamp five more than I need. And with the holiday church fair around the corner, this should help me out!
Unread 08-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
I've got birthday funds and am hoping to get a MISTI. I usually do multiples of party invitations, thank yous and always stamp five more than I need. And with the holiday church fair around the corner, this should help me out!

This is the first year I'm really kind of giddy about doing my Christmas cards instead of just procrastinating them .

I know once I get the design done they will be a breeze and I can spend more time on neighbor gifts etc.

Love Splitcoast?

CherylQuilts, Julie Gearinger and Bahb like this post.
Unread 08-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #69
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
This is the first year I'm really kind of giddy about doing my Christmas cards instead of just procrastinating them .

I know once I get the design done they will be a breeze and I can spend more time on neighbor gifts etc.
Hey! I'm almost your neighbor. hint hint...
Unread 08-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #70
Rubber Obsessor

Lydia, you crack me up!

I usually burn myself out for the fair and then find I've lost my mojo when it comes to our family cards. Actually, that's why I know I need one!
Unread 08-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #71
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Everyone needs one. I use mine on just about every card I make.
dini, CherylQuilts, dawnmercedes and 3 others like this post.
Unread 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #72
Crimping Master

Once you start using it, you will never go back to using a stamp acrylic block. Now I don't have to pay attention. I can watch TV, use less than black/perfect stamp pads, pet the dog and move the cats out of my chair - all while stamping. Cause I can stamp it over and over till I get it right.

Do overs. Not many of those in life, so I take advantage of them when ever they pop up.
Unread 08-08-2015, 05:13 AM   #73
Rubber Obsessor

I have had mine for a couple of weeks....LOVE it!! I use my acrylic blocks for watercolor now. I ordered those bowed blocks couple years ago, where you roll a bit back and forth for a clean stamp. A great idea in theory but the chance to mess up is about 80% there will be ink other than on my stamp and that, of course goes to my paper, then the trash. UGH!

AND, just to throw it out there.....cracks or no cracks (crazing actually) that MISTI top plate will still work, just like the die cutting plates do.

I started my Christmas cards this week and LOVE that I am getting beautiful results THANKS TO MY MISTI!! Working with Christmas paper designed to go with my stamps, I can't afford waste.

Of course my best friend had to have one....LOL! Going to a crop today to see how much she loves hers.

Yep, I'll buy one again (if ever I need to)....definitely! Especially seeing that MySweetPetunia is standing behind their product...that says it all for me!
CherylQuilts, amysings, browpr and 3 others like this post.
Unread 08-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Hey! I'm almost your neighbor. hint hint...

HEHEH Yeah you are neighbor. I'll give you yours in November!

Love Splitcoast?

Julie Gearinger likes this post.
Unread 08-09-2015, 03:35 AM   #75
Proud Fan Club Member

I took MISTI along to card class yesterday. I was trying to stamp a sentiment using a clear block but ink kept getting in between the words and left a bad image. I pulled out the MISTI although I had little hope it could fix this issue. But it stamped it without the smudges!! I am not sure how it stamped it without smudging, but it did!
Unread 08-09-2015, 05:23 AM   #76
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Proud Fan Club Member

This sounds like a wonderful product, but unfortunately, like so many things, it is not available in Canada, and chances are if it was, considering the US price, it would be way to expensive for my budget. I have looked at the MISTI website - says $64.00 US for the Misti, cleaner, grid paper and 2 magnets which would be $84.00+ Canadian depending on the day! Then I went to SSS and just about fell over at $119.99 which is $158.00 Canadian - I am just wondering, as I cannot afford one, but why the huge difference?
Unread 08-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #77
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiagc View Post
This sounds like a wonderful product, but unfortunately, like so many things, it is not available in Canada, and chances are if it was, considering the US price, it would be way to expensive for my budget. I have looked at the MISTI website - says $64.00 US for the Misti, cleaner, grid paper and 2 magnets which would be $84.00+ Canadian depending on the day! Then I went to SSS and just about fell over at $119.99 which is $158.00 Canadian - I am just wondering, as I cannot afford one, but why the huge difference?
A few of us in Calgary AB we got together to help with shipping cost and then watched our dollar, then we got lucky on the Memorial Day sale, there also was an Independence Day sale. We even got dinged for customs. I still think we came out somewhere about the same amount $95.00 all included.

Still worth it
UnderstandBlue and Julie Gearinger like this post.
Unread 08-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #78

My MISTI arrived in February and had minute crazing when I got it. I ignored it but the cracks got larger and larger. I did send her photos and she immediately sent me a tag to ship it back. I've done some reading and apparently the first ones that were manufactured (not her hand made ones) were cut improperly causing the cracking. I have a Fiskars stamp press that really was heavily used and abused and no issues. I also understand that whatever the material is, it is not done in a poured mold like the stamp press is. They are hand cut. Whatever issue they had was supposed to be corrected after March of this year.
Unread 08-11-2015, 03:32 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiagc View Post
Where do you live Kia? I have a friend that comes over a lot from Vancouver - maybe we could have her pick one up for you if you are westerly...

Love Splitcoast?

CherylQuilts, Julie Gearinger and kiagc like this post.
Unread 08-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #80
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySweetPetunia View Post
We replace 100% of the ones with the defect, so don't worry about yours not getting replaced if the crazing occurs. Please note that it occurred in less than 1% of MISTIs. Not all were affected.
I bought my MISTI last August, so it was not one of the ones the manufacturer made. The edge of the lid on one side has several short cracks embedded in the acrylic, but it is not being replaced because the manufacturer Warrants his but Iliana does not Warrant hers. You might keep that in mind if you are planning to buy one of the ones she has made herself for the August 27th sale coming up.

So far, the cracks in mine are not affecting how MISTI works. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!