04-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Splitcoast Platinum Partner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Here are some tips that will help you get the most out of your MISTI.
- Help - my magnets are stuck together!
- Do not attempt to pry your magnets apart with another object. Slide them apart horizontally - sometimes it helps if you do this by lining the magnet "sandwich" up with the edge of your desk, and sliding the top magnet off that way.
- How do I clean the MISTI?
- Wipe away excess ink from the lid right away - especially permanent inks. Do not allow ink to sit on the lid for long periods of time, or it might stain the lid.
- Gently wipe the lid with a soft cloth - do not scrub or scratch.
- Use Novus 1 Plastic Clean & Shine for general cleaning only - other cleaners have the potential to remove the screen printing or damage the acrylic - other cleaners are used at your own risk.
- Suggested towels are microfiber towels, the absorber chamois, or a stamp scrubber.
- When do I use the foam?
- For photopolymer stamps, leave the foam in.
- For rubber cling stamps, take the foam insert out.
- What do I use templates and grids for?
- Templates and grids are used for positioning stamps, even stamps you can't see through - like rubber cling stamps. See our Splitcoast Video Channel thread for helpful videos using templates and grids.
- What is the vinyl cling included with my MISTI?
- This cling protects the screen printed lid of the MISTI. See our Video Channel thread for a great video on how to apply the cling.
- My MISTI squeaks
- When the MISTI hinges are new, they squeak. With use, this will go away as the hinges loosen.
- I'm left-handed, does that matter?
- The MISTI is easy to use for right or left-handed stampers. However, if you'd like to change the orientation of the tape on the MISTI, see our video channel thread for a tip on how to do that.
If you have questions regarding an order, shipping, or any customer service issues, please contact us by sending us an email here