Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Sell Me on MFT Ink, Please

I'm curious about the MFT inks. In the interest of full disclosure, I already have:

All the SU dye inks except the most recent In-Colors,
PTI in all their colors
Memento in all the older colors and most of the new ones
Tim Holtz Distress in all colors

I tend to compulsively complete sets, so know that once started I'll need to buy them all. Some of the MFT colors are very close to inks I already own. So what is bigger, better, more amazing about them to justify buying (and storing) a whole new set of inks that may be 50-60 colors by the time they're done?

Thanks in advance for your enabling!

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbenjam View Post
I'm curious about the MFT inks. In the interest of full disclosure, I already have:

All the SU dye inks except the most recent In-Colors,
PTI in all their colors
Memento in all the older colors and most of the new ones
Tim Holtz Distress in all colors

I tend to compulsively complete sets, so know that once started I'll need to buy them all. Some of the MFT colors are very close to inks I already own. So what is bigger, better, more amazing about them to justify buying (and storing) a whole new set of inks that may be 50-60 colors by the time they're done?

Thanks in advance for your enabling!

Mary
Hi Mary

I absolutely loooove the MFT inks. I have the four previously released colors and the newest 3 are winging their way towards me as I type. Other than SU, I pretty well have your selection as well. The MFT inks are the smoothest, crispest inks I have.

I was so excited to try them that the day I received the first ones I ripped the package open and grabbed the nearest solid stamp. It happened to be a brand new clear stamp. Normally with new clear stamps I have a whole routine to stamp with them. Run over the surface with an eraser, stamp on a piece of foam, etc. But I was so excited to try out the ink that I just inked it up and stamped. It came out perfectly. Smooth, crisp, clean edges. No stamp prep, no surface prep. No uninked areas, no splotchiness.

Now the other inks have their uses. The MFT inks aren't Copic compatible, so I'll still be holding on to my Tuxedo Black. And the Distress Inks have their own special properties that they are designed for. But for just plain stamping, I'll pick MFT ink whenever I can. And when I was making Christmas cards in December, I kept making color choices based on the MFT inks I had on hand.

Seriously. They are that good.

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the review. I've been watching all the DT projects and I think the ink looks great. I appreciate your comments. Especially about not being COPIC compatible. I think I will give them a try tho.

Did you get any staining?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2talk View Post
Thanks for the review. I've been watching all the DT projects and I think the ink looks great. I appreciate your comments. Especially about not being COPIC compatible. I think I will give them a try tho.

Did you get any staining?
I've had minimal staining with them. The pink does seem to leave a very light tint, but it's a pretty bright color. Haven't noticed anything with the red, green or yellow that have been released so far. Do keep in mind that I don't clean my stamps with any cleaner. I just wipe with a damp synthetic chamois. (I do have cleaner, I'm just far too lazy to use it and the chamois does the trick 99% of the time.)

My Etsy
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info, Kirsty. Sounds like you really like them.

I've just taken a tour of your blog. Your projects are beautiful!

Mary
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbenjam View Post
Thanks for the info, Kirsty. Sounds like you really like them.

I've just taken a tour of your blog. Your projects are beautiful!

Mary
Thank you so much Mary! I need to get busy in my craft room more. Last year was a pretty slow year for me crafty-wise.

My Etsy
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to agree, the coverage is wonderful!!! And these pads are SO juicy! Excited to get my hands on the newest ones!!! I sold all of my old SU ink pads a while ago so I was beyond excited to see MFT come out with their own line! MFT=quality in my book!