Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Splitcoast Member Company

Wink A Promo for Alzheimer's....with love to Cammie!

As many of you know, Cammie introduced her Whimsical Autumn set through Gina K. Designs earlier this month, and is donating all her proceeds to an Alzheimerís charity in memory of the Grandmother she lost to this disease a few months back.

My Father suffered from Dementia, of which Alzheimerís is a form, during the last few years of his life. It was truly painful to watch him morph into someone so completely different and unreachable. I really have empathy for those whose loved ones are afflicted, it is so overwhelming.

Cammie is having a HUGE blog candy extravaganza in honor of National Alzheimerís Day on Sept 21st. Be sure to check it out!

I thought Iíd like to help raise some funds as well in support of the cause, so what Iíve decided to do is two-fold: 1) Starting tomorrow, I am offering a 10% discount on ALL stamps on the site. Use the coupon code Cammie at checkout to receive 10% off all the stamps in your shopping cart. (It wonít discount your other merchandise, just stamps.) The coupon code will run from Wednesday, Sept 17th to Sunday, Sept 21st. 2) I will donate 10% of ALL proceeds (including money spent on other items on the site) to the National Alzheimerís Association. FYI - The discount applies only to retail ordersÖ

I would also invite you to listen to a song that I have played hundreds of times since my Dad passed, and even though itís written from a female perspective, it really gets to the heart of what loving someone with a memory condition means. Itís called Silent House and there are two artists versions, one by Crowded House and one by Dixie Chicks, both are wonderful and I wholeheartedly encourage you to take a listen.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
Gallery Gazer

So sorry to hear about your Dad Kim, that's tough for everyone, hugs to you. Great idea on the discount what a great way to stock up on stamps and help a worthy cause. Bless you and Cammie.

Cindy Haffner's Corner
Old 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Gallery Gazer

So sorry to hear about your father Kim. My DH's grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's about 8 years ago and his grandmother from Dementia 2 years ago. It is heartbreaking to see the change in the person you love...

How generous of you to offer a discount and donate the proceeds!! You truly are so sweet!!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Inking Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Craftea19

Kim, my heart feels for you and Cammie. Caring for someone with a mental illness in my opinion is harder than someone with a physical illness. Atleast with a physical illness you feel you can help somewhat. My Dad passed away almost 6 years ago. He suffer from mental status changes because of his physical illness. You, Cammie and Gina have a heart of gold and the Lord will surely bless you all for your kindess.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hugs, love and more love....

You rock, gf!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #6
Gabfest Goddess

Kim and Camie both ROCK!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Watercolor Wizard

This is a fabulous idea. I am the Finance Manager for the Alzheimer Society in Saskatchewan and I totally understand what you are going through. My heart and prayers are with you both. Blessings!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Gallery Gazer

Please check my blog to read more abut Cammie's Cause. Cindy Haffner's Corner.

Cindy Haffner's Corner

Last edited by cindy_haffner; 09-21-2008 at 05:01 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

This is such a fabulous idea. I know first hand what it is like to be a caregiver, DH has Parkinson's Disease, and they have trouble with executive thinking. I have been taking care of him for for eight years now, and it gets worse every year. My heart goes out to every caregiver.