Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   Win Over $200 in MFT Products! Get Sketchy! Be the Next MFT Guest Designer! - August (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/win-over-%24200-mft-products-get-sketchy-next-mft-guest-designer-august-t557111.html)

texasjodylynn 07-06-2012 11:09 AM

Win Over $200 in MFT Products! Get Sketchy! Be the Next MFT Guest Designer! - August

1 Attachment(s)
Hi MFT fans and guest designer hopefuls! It's time for the MFT Guest Designer Contest. The winner of this contest will win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics, AND have the opportunity to play along with the design team for the next release and all the Wednesday Stamp Club Challenges for the next month. MFT always has amazing stamp sets around the corner and getting (and stamping with) them early is a special treat.

This month, Joanne and I are challenging you to Get Sketchy. Yep, that's right... we are providing a sketch for you this month! You may enter as many times as you would like, but you may enter ONLY a CARD. One card per entry.

We're looking for well-executed cards and great technical work. Ready for the challenge? Here are the details:

Guest Designer Contest Details:

-Cards must feature MFT stamps, but are not strictly limited to MFT products. The use of Die-namics is encouraged.
-The deadline for entries is August 6 at 12pm EST. (This is 24 hours earlier than past deadlines - we need plenty of time to consider all entries.)
-When uploading your entries, please use the keyword MFTGUESTDT0812. You will find the keyword also on the sketch attached below. (you enter the code in the keyword box during the upload process)
-Joanne and I will review all the entries and choose a winner. The winner will be announced at the Release Party at around 9:15 pm EST on Tuesday, August 7.
-The winner will receive a selection of stamps and Die-namics from the next release with a value over $200. You'll also join the MFT Design Team for that month!

As winner of the guest designer contest, we ask that you participate in 3 (of 5) teaser days as well as the release blog hop. You must have a blog in order to win the guest designer contest. Please leave a link to your blog with your entry in the gallery.

Here are some tips:
1.) Take a GREAT picture of your project.
2.) When posting on your blog, show us how YOU will represent MFT should you win the contest.
3.) Put effort into your card. The prize is HUGE and the honor is HUGE.

You can see all the entries for this contest HERE.

Thanks and good luck to all of you. We can't wait to see all your amazing entries!

cornelie 07-06-2012 11:24 AM

Wauw, great sketch again...we will try it a next time!! Thanks for this upportunity again!!
Bye Cornelie!
Colorful Cornelie

Janice W 07-06-2012 11:38 AM

Looks like fun again! Great sketch!

meredith.winston 07-06-2012 11:41 AM

Such a fantastic sketch!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Janneke 07-06-2012 09:06 PM

Ow what a great sketch ;o)

jennik 07-07-2012 07:28 PM

woohooo!! looking forward to some fabulous eye candy!! :)

jennik

KopyKat 07-08-2012 11:17 AM

Love this sketch, I need to think on it a while.

Zehra 07-09-2012 04:40 AM

Lovely sketch

teegee7617 07-09-2012 07:11 AM

I've given myself a deadline of the end of July to get my craft room into workable shape. Hopefully I'll get done a bit ahead of schedule so I have some time to play this month. In the mean time, I'll be thinking over this great sketch. I can't wait to see what everyone else does with it even if I don't have time to play this month!

texasjodylynn 07-10-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 19544317)
I've given myself a deadline of the end of July to get my craft room into workable shape. Hopefully I'll get done a bit ahead of schedule so I have some time to play this month. In the mean time, I'll be thinking over this great sketch. I can't wait to see what everyone else does with it even if I don't have time to play this month!

You can do it! :) I'll be in that same boat VERY soon. LOL

tweetybugshouse 07-10-2012 08:28 AM

going to try and get at least one card done for this before i leave for my trip on friday.

mm9772 07-10-2012 12:35 PM

Fun sketch! Here's my entry: Sending Smiles

Pattie G. 07-13-2012 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine...

Humor Me

EmuUpAGumTree 07-13-2012 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HERE is my entry, Thank You.

tweetybugshouse 07-14-2012 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here my entry for this month i used alm bundle of baby

dawnbarghorn 07-16-2012 02:03 PM

Post deleted.

HeatherN_WA 07-16-2012 03:19 PM

I love using sketches, and I like MFT, but I don't own any yet. Perhaps I should look at getting some before the next challenge. ;)

Zehra 07-17-2012 03:28 AM

here is mine, i enjoyed creating with this sketch
MFTGUESTDT0812/thinking of you by Zehra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

nlsmith68 07-17-2012 07:22 PM

Throwing my hat in the ring this time around (I just can't resist a good sketch). I've loved and used MFT on many a card, but finally feel like I can commit the time to doing a good job representing the company if I were lucky enough to win a guest spot.

Love, love this sentiment (its meaning, size/bulk, font, and the flourish!!) from the new birthday release.

Thanks for looking, and thanks, Jody and Joanne, for your consideration.

Dream (Splitcoast gallery)

or My Blog

Xandra 07-18-2012 12:53 PM

What a great sketch again! Somehow it really "fitted" me, so I 've done 2 cards. But....now I'm a little confused: I just read "one card per entry". My English isn't as good as it should be *oops*.....so help me out here: I can enter just one card for this challenge? Or can I enter one card per entry which gives me the opportunity to enter my 2 cards for the challenge?

Xandra 07-18-2012 01:51 PM

Well, I've allready uploaded my two cards. If that isn't ok, I will remove one.

They can be found here:

True friends..... by Xandra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and here:

Tweeting by.... by Xandra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

nlsmith68 07-18-2012 03:15 PM

Hi Xandra. I'm sure Jody or Joanne will chime in soon, but I read the rules such as you can enter as many times as you would like, but they are only accepting a single card as an entry. Meaning no other projects, no "sets" of cards, etc. Kind of comparing apples to apples by everyone submitting their single card take on the sketch. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

Xandra 07-18-2012 11:37 PM

Thank you Nicole!

shazzapat 07-19-2012 07:49 AM

that's my card done, need to blog and upload it later. I hope it's okay as the image is not MFt, only the sentiment x

shazzapat 07-19-2012 11:05 AM

here is the link to my card
TIME TO CRAFT: My Favourite Things!

I have uploaded it to gallery, hope I did it right

Joelysmom 07-19-2012 06:10 PM

Hey lovely's!!! I am entering the Guest DT this month.... :)
Who wouldn't want $200 worth of MFT stuff right!!!!

stampinjewelsd 07-19-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xandra (Post 19563627)
What a great sketch again! Somehow it really "fitted" me, so I 've done 2 cards. But....now I'm a little confused: I just read "one card per entry". My English isn't as good as it should be *oops*.....so help me out here: I can enter just one card for this challenge? Or can I enter one card per entry which gives me the opportunity to enter my 2 cards for the challenge?

You can enter as many times as you like. Each one of your entries must be a card, no large projects or 3D items. Does that make sense?

texasjodylynn 07-21-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlsmith68 (Post 19563855)
Hi Xandra. I'm sure Jody or Joanne will chime in soon, but I read the rules such as you can enter as many times as you would like, but they are only accepting a single card as an entry. Meaning no other projects, no "sets" of cards, etc. Kind of comparing apples to apples by everyone submitting their single card take on the sketch. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

That is exactly right. :)

You can enter as many times as you'd like.

Each entry must be ONE CARD. No bigger projects, no sets of cards. :)

If you make 79 different cards (exaggeration of course LOL), you can enter 79 times, but must upload each card separately.

texasjodylynn 07-21-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnbarghorn (Post 19559585)
I have had this idea in my head for a while and finally got a chance to actually put it together. HERE is my entry.

Hi Dawn. Your entry is beautiful, but in order to be considered you must enter only a card as a submission. I'm sorry about that, but as another poster in this thread mentioned, we want to compare "apples to apples" and the best way to do that is put everyone on a level playing field by requiring that all entries be cards. That could change in the future, but for now, that is how we are handing it. Thanks for understanding.

dawnbarghorn 07-23-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 19568847)
Hi Dawn. Your entry is beautiful, but in order to be considered you must enter only a card as a submission. I'm sorry about that, but as another poster in this thread mentioned, we want to compare "apples to apples" and the best way to do that is put everyone on a level playing field by requiring that all entries be cards. That could change in the future, but for now, that is how we are handing it. Thanks for understanding.

Entry deleted. Didn't mean to cause an uproar. Sometimes creativity doesn't follow the rules.

sgtStamper 07-24-2012 05:46 PM

What a fun sketch! Just the inspiration I needed to get back into the craft room! (That, and all those Die-namics I bought!)

Janneke 07-25-2012 01:53 AM

Just finisht my card, but the sun is shining bright so I have to wait until this afternoon to make some photos, in the mean time I will enjoy the sunshine ...
Have a great day all :D

texasjodylynn 07-25-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xandra (Post 19563627)

Yes, one card per entry, unlimited entries. :)

texasjodylynn 07-25-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnbarghorn (Post 19573392)
Entry deleted. Didn't mean to cause an uproar. Sometimes creativity doesn't follow the rules.

Definitely not an uproar and I enjoyed looking at your entry. It was very cute and I liked how each panel followed the sketch. Very creative. :) I hope you'll enter again with a card. :)

texasjodylynn 07-25-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtStamper (Post 19576186)
What a fun sketch! Just the inspiration I needed to get back into the craft room! (That, and all those Die-namics I bought!)

New Die-namics always helps. :)

ravengirl 07-25-2012 09:57 PM

I'm taking a chance :)

Tweet Music

Janneke 07-27-2012 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the card I made for the contest ;o)
What a fun sketch to use .. thank you

passioknitgirl 07-27-2012 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! All the entries are fantastic!!! Love the sketch.

Here's my entry.

~Hugs!

polevaulter 07-29-2012 02:38 PM

Here is mine

Little Swimmer

scrapper79 07-30-2012 02:16 PM

Here is my entry that I also combined with a DTGD challenge.

Berry Sweet
I used one of my favorite images, as I love to paper piece this one!! However, I stamped the berries in colored ink, then used a waterbrush to color them in. Then I colored the basket with my Copics.