Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   Week 5 - MFT Idol Top Six - Challenge & Chatter (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/week-5-mft-idol-top-six-challenge-chatter-t431126.html)

texasjodylynn 04-09-2009 10:47 AM

Week 5 - MFT Idol Top Six - Challenge & Chatter

Good afternoon Idols and Judges!!! We have made it through another week of MFT Idol! The entries this week were great! It was nice to see JUST cards and I am SURE the contestants enjoyed their "mini break" from the big ol' ensembles they had been making to date! LOL The contestant pool has been narrowed to SIX Idol hopefuls!

The Top Six Contestants are....

kerryj106
Stamp'nCoffee
bar
20something
Mrs. Mac
LittleSeaOtter

This week we have a surprise for you all! :mrgreen: We are giving the TOP SIX the week off! ;) *insert collective thankful sigh here* Of course we didn't want to give you ALL the week off, so this week is all about the MFT Judges!

This week the challenge is for the MFT Judges (anyone on SCS). Of course we encourage the MFT IDOL TOP SIX to play along for fun, but your creations will not be voted on. OK, judges... ready to find out what this is all about? Here are the details:

*Create ANY MFT creation, card, scrapbook page, 3D project... ANYTHING GOES! Just make sure that you are using only MFT stamps. Bring your A game!
*Upload your creation here in the SCS gallery any time between now and Tuesday, April 14th at 10:00 AM Eastern. Please note that your deadline is the MORNING of the 14th to allow us 12 hours to choose the top 10 entries!
*The MFT Judges (Kim, Jody, Carole, Cammie, Paula and Joanne) will be choosing their 10 favorite creations on Tuesday, April 14th.
*The top 10 judges entries will be included in a poll that will be started on April 14th at 10:00 PM Eastern. The poll will be open for 24 hours!
*The TOP VOTE GETTER of the top 10 judge entries will win a special prize package valued at over $50! You will win this month's VIP package for FREE! WOOHOO! Now that is something to get excited about!!!
*ALL original "TOP TEN IDOL CONTESTANTS" are excluded from this prize including those who have been eliminated so far. This is ONLY for the judges. :) We encourage you to play along for fun. :)

IDOL JUDGES: you can upload your creation to SCS and post a link to your creation on this thread anytime between NOW and April 14th at 10:00 AM Eastern. The poll will be started in a new thread on April 14th at 10 PM Eastern! When uploading your projects, use keyword MFTIDOLJUDGE . Please make sure that you type it in EXACTLY as shown. If you insert spaces anywhere, your creation will not be in the correct gallery and will not be viewed.

IDOL TOP SIX (and eliminated contestants): you can upload and post a link to your creation on this thread anytime. I am sure everyone will love seeing some eye candy from you! Your keyword for this week is: MFTIDOLWEEK5 . We hope you'll play along! We'll have more surprises in store for you in the coming weeks!

Have an awesome week! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

What is an MFT VIP package?

Each month, MFT offers a "sneak peek package" on the LAST Wednesday of the month. The package contains an unreleased stamp set as well as other goodies that are also unreleased. There are perks that come with being a VIP for that month and the details are included in your package. There are a limited number of VIP packages available on that day, so it's best to shop early. This month's VIP package will be available on April 29th!

texasjodylynn 04-09-2009 10:49 AM

Thank you to all the judges who participated in the Week 4 challenge!

All the submissions can be viewed HERE.

Remember that today the THREE $10 MFT Stamp Bucks will be awarded! The 3 judges picking a winner today are:

Carole
Cammie
Paula

They will at SOME POINT stop by and post our pick. Make sure to check back often!

Thank you for playing along and we hope you'll participate in this week's challenge!

jaymerz 04-09-2009 10:52 AM

WOW Jody that is AWESOME!!! Now I have to think of somthing amazing :).

20something 04-09-2009 10:53 AM

Well I haven't read any but the first couple sections, but I already can say...

"Oh, thank God!" ;) I'm tired. I felt like I needed a little break. This will be so nice!

Ok...off to read the rest!

babitoons 04-09-2009 10:54 AM

How wonderful is that! Oh I can't wait to see what everyone makes! Heck, I can't wait to see what I make ;) I can't wait for the festivities to begin!

Bar 04-09-2009 10:58 AM

Oh, how nice!!! Now I can catch up on some other stuff! Can't wait to see what the judges come up with and vote on them!! Thanks for the break!

mrupple 04-09-2009 11:00 AM

Just being a judge this week sounds wonderful to me!

Stamps'nCoffee 04-09-2009 11:14 AM

What a fun surprise!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what the judges come up with!!! This should definitely make for another exciting week!!!

FrancieCrafter 04-09-2009 11:49 AM

Thank you Jody and Kim! And congratulations to the top 6!! I have been in awe week after week. You are a tough act to follow!!!! This has been so much fun. My wheels are already turning. I am sooo glad that I got a BIG package in the mail yesterday full of goodies to use for this challenge.

20something 04-09-2009 11:55 AM

Haha I've got to get my mom to join in the challenge to help make it worth it that I brought about 30 lbs of stamps all the way to Cleveland! :)

FrancieCrafter 04-09-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20something (Post 13697693)
Haha I've got to get my mom to join in the challenge to help make it worth it that I brought about 30 lbs of stamps all the way to Cleveland! :)

Kathy, I'm driving to the poconos tomorrow morning and will be going right through Cleveland!! Maybe I could help putting some of those 30lbs of stamps to good use! Sounds like I'm going to need all the help I could get this week.

20something 04-09-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancieCrafter (Post 13697781)
Kathy, I'm driving to the poconos tomorrow morning and will be going right through Cleveland!! Maybe I could help putting some of those 30lbs of stamps to good use! Sounds like I'm going to need all the help I could get this week.

Stop on over! I'll certainly be here! ;)

Busy*Becca*Bee 04-09-2009 12:10 PM

Wow this sounds like fun!!!! Hmmmm...what to make??? Good thing the kids are off tomorrow, maybe I can accomplish something....

Busy*Becca*Bee 04-09-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20something (Post 13697693)

holy cow...30 pounds is a LOT!!!

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:15 PM

Well, GOOD MORING.....

It's ok you broke tradition last night Jody!!!! LMAO!!! I was stalking and stalking and stalking...... NUTTIN! LOL Hopre u r recovered:)

OMGosh my heart rate just sped up a million beats reading the new challenge...

Now THAT prize package is SUPER genorous!!!!!!

NOW....WHAT THE HECK TO DO?????:confused::mrgreen:

FrancieCrafter 04-09-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20something (Post 13697910)
Stop on over! I'll certainly be here! ;)

I hope you and your mom have fun this weekend! I'm going to spend the weekend with my mom in PA. I live in the Detroit area so (my hubby doesn't know it yet) I will need to bring along my large craftin tote along with all the other luggage. It's an eight hour drive so I'll have plenty of time to think!

20something 04-09-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busy*Becca*Bee (Post 13697954)
holy cow...30 pounds is a LOT!!!

That was an exaggeration, of course! :) I brought about 20 CD cases worth, though...

If anyone needs stamped images, let me know. I'd be happy to send em out tomorrow, which would still give you a couple days to create if you're in the US. I listed all the sets I own a while back, but of course now I can't find it. If you're looking for something specific, LMK (just PM me). The odds are good that I have it.
:)

Cammie 04-09-2009 12:24 PM

HI everyone! This weeks Judges cards were awesome. I loved seeing all those flowers.

I think I have my winner selected!

deborahmegan 04-09-2009 12:24 PM

WOW!! How fun is this!?!?! I need to think of something GREAT!!

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 13698172)
WOW!! How fun is this!?!?! I need to think of something GREAT!!

Me TOO!!! My brain shut off as soon as the pressure got turned on....:rolleyes:

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie (Post 13698169)
HI everyone! This weeks Judges cards were awesome. I loved seeing all those flowers.

I think I have my winner selected!

and......:mrgreen:

Cammie 04-09-2009 12:31 PM

I really loved the cards this week so this was a difficult choice.

But, since I HAD to pick one.......The first judges winner is Busy Becca Bee with her Wild Flowers card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...rds&si=MFTIJ04

Some reasons why I selected this card:
1. It totally made me smile
2. I love the layered COLORFUL flowers...love how they are stacked to one side and just trickle off to the other.
3. I love how she used the dp on the sky.
4. The design is neat and coloring is perfect.
5. I love the touches of glitter she added to the sun and the flower centers.
6. Did I mention it made me smile?

Congratulations! Please PM me for the redemption code for your $10 gift certificate.

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie (Post 13698283)

But, since I HAD to pick one.......The first judges winner is Busy Becca Bee with her Wild Flowers card:

2. I love the layered COLORFUL flowers...love how they are stacked to one side and just trickle off to the other.

Congratulations! Please PM me for the redemption code for your $10 gift certificate.

What a FANTASTIC choice.... It made me smile too, and that cutting TOTALLY amazed me with the even white all around ALL of those flowers.....

YEA BECCA BEE!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

20something 04-09-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

YEAH! BECCA! I LOVED this card!!!!

deborahmegan 04-09-2009 12:46 PM

Awesome Becca!! Great choice, Cammie.

deborahmegan 04-09-2009 12:47 PM

Ok MFT friends...

I have three ideas. Which should I choose? Oh, the pressure. :)

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 13698532)
Ok MFT friends...

I have three ideas. Which should I choose? Oh, the pressure. :)

#3:mrgreen:

deborahmegan 04-09-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 13698539)
#3:mrgreen:

but don't you think #1 has a better chance at winning?!?!

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 13698602)
but don't you think #1 has a better chance at winning?!?!

THAT is why I chose #3 8):twisted::mrgreen:

KelliJo 04-09-2009 12:55 PM

LOL

OK ladies, day got started off SUPER so headed to the shower to face my "hump day" !!!!!

I'll catch up after I get started at work....

Stampin'NPA 04-09-2009 12:58 PM

Yeay! Congrats Becca!!!

I guess I get to sit back and just create something. No pressure for me either! Nice!!!! Especially since it's Easter!

urscrappymama 04-09-2009 01:01 PM

Congrats Becca! Great job!

Busy*Becca*Bee 04-09-2009 01:19 PM

Oh wow, thanks you guys! Totally not expecting this!!

deborahmegan 04-09-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 13698614)
THAT is why I chose #3 8):twisted::mrgreen:

You're EVIL!! I think I'll go with idea #1. Idea #2 and #3 might be good, so hopefully I can use them later in the game.

TruCarMa 04-09-2009 01:25 PM

Ready for another Judges Pick winner? When I was looking through all the awesome entries in this week's Judges Contest, I found myself coming back to the one I eventually selected again and again. Wanna know why?

1. It's simple yet elegant. There's actually a lot going on with it, but it's done so well it looks like it was effortless. (That is HARD to do, my friends!)

2. It uses my favorite 'neutral' as a base -- Kraft! In fact, I love kraft so much, when I first started stamping and signed up to be a hobby demo, I ordered a bunch of kraft instead of whisper white in my demo kit! I adore the look of white ink on a kraft background.

3. I *LOVE* to make patterns with my stamps -- something about the repetition soothes me. This card has a beautiful stamp patterned background.

4. I like the ingenious way she attached the sentiment with a button and some hemp -- too cute!

5. Includes texture (the 'rough' look of the kraft, the swiss dot embossed layer, the natural feel of the hemp twine) and contrast (the roughness of the twine/the smoothness of the satin ribbon; the elegance of the brown and coral color combo with the homespun look of kraft).

So surely you've figured out who my winner is...

Here's The Card

Congratulations, Jaymerz, you're the next winner of this week's MFT Idol Judges Contest!

PM me and I'll send you your $10 coupon code!

jaymerz 04-09-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Congrats Becca, your card was beautiful. And it made me smile too!!

jaymerz 04-09-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMa (Post 13698953)
Ready for another Judges Pick winner? When I was looking through all the awesome entries in this week's Judges Contest, I found myself coming back to the one I eventually selected again and again. Wanna know why?

1. It's simple yet elegant. There's actually a lot going on with it, but it's done so well it looks like it was effortless. (That is HARD to do, my friends!)

2. It uses my favorite 'neutral' as a base -- Kraft! In fact, I love kraft so much, when I first started stamping and signed up to be a hobby demo, I ordered a bunch of kraft instead of whisper white in my demo kit! I adore the look of white ink on a kraft background.

3. I *LOVE* to make patterns with my stamps -- something about the repetition soothes me. This card has a beautiful stamp patterned background.

4. I like the ingenious way she attached the sentiment with a button and some hemp -- too cute!

5. Includes texture (the 'rough' look of the kraft, the swiss dot embossed layer, the natural feel of the hemp twine) and contrast (the roughness of the twine/the smoothness of the satin ribbon; the elegance of the brown and coral color combo with the homespun look of kraft).

So surely you've figured out who my winner is...

Here's The Card

Congratulations, Jaymerz, you're the next winner of this week's MFT Idol Judges Contest!

PM me and I'll send you your $10 coupon code!

WOW Carole thank you so much!!!

Busy*Becca*Bee 04-09-2009 01:32 PM

Congrats Jaymerz!!!! I loved your card!!!

KelliJo 04-09-2009 01:44 PM

YEA Jaymerz!!!!! It is a GREAT card....like I said in my post in the gallery, you make Kraft look great... I SO cant "do" craft....BUT....I rarely can "do" anything! LOL

OK, I got ready for work early and decided to pop back in! :mrgreen: FLASHBACK to week 1....

I think I have my idea, came to me while I was gettin ready! NOW I just need my STAMPS to get here (still....) **sigh** I REALLY dont know why they aren't here yet...:rolleyes:

20something 04-09-2009 01:52 PM

Congrats Jaymerz! This was *definitely* one of my absolute favs from this week!!!