Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   Tuesday Thread Starter - (092308) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/tuesday-thread-starter-092308-a-t384743.html)

The MFT Lady 09-23-2008 10:24 AM

Tuesday Thread Starter - (092308)

Hi all! Today's thread starter has a hidden agenda...the question is:

What stamping supply are you constantly on the lookout for and why? Is there something you can't pass up?

For me, I'd have to say new coloring mediums since a lot of the MFT images need to be colored in. I really love to color, and would like to think I'll improve with time!

For the can't pass up part, I'd have to say anything glittery!!

How about you???

Play along and we'll choose a $5 gift cert winner Thursday morning!

annieht 09-23-2008 10:35 AM

I would also say coloring mediums are my constant lookout supply. I also couldn't pass up rhinestones or bling!

jaymerz 09-23-2008 10:35 AM

HMMMmmm... I love different papers. One thing I love about MFT sets is how well they paper piece. And I love matching embelishments so everything is easy to put together (ribbon and brads). I would love some cute glittery ribbon and brads!!

kerryj106 09-23-2008 10:44 AM

Ummmm...stamps! It's a disease! I can never have enough! I always need another one or set because I don't have anything like it. I need a program! I also can't pass up ribbon! I think because it's so innocuous - a yard here, a metre there, a spool over there. But man it adds up! (slinks away to go reorganize her stamps and ribbon.......)

Glitter_Girl 09-23-2008 11:52 AM

Hi there!

I'd say that the stamping supply I am always on the look out for (aside from the obvious...GLITTER and BLING)...would be SENTIMENTS! I am always look for fun and versatile sentiments to go with my ever growing stamp collection.

stampertammy 09-23-2008 11:54 AM

OK, does this sound like The Family Feud? "Good answer! Good answer!" I have to agree...coloring mediums! Or at the very least, Copic colors that I don't currently own! I'm going to a trade show this weekend and you can bet my list will be in my bag of what I "need" to get while I'm there!

Can't pass up? I never met a ribbon I didn't LOVE and had to have! :)

schlozb 09-23-2008 11:57 AM

Aside from stamps, I am always looking for new ways to color and looking for new tools.

gladiola64 09-23-2008 12:25 PM

I've got to agree with glittergirl.

It has to be sentiments. The crazier the better. I love those naughtly sentiments, and the ones with attitude. But I do like all the regualr ones, that you can use for a multitude of occassions.

dbaker3 09-23-2008 12:35 PM

I think paper & embellishments! You can really make your stamps stretch as long as you have new paper & embellishments to create a fun, new & fresh look!

love the button you created!

cadnileb 09-23-2008 12:50 PM

I can't turn anything down! Who are we kidding? ;-)

But my top can't turn down item? Ribbon! I love ribbons! They just make everything look so pretty! :o)

stampmouse 09-23-2008 01:09 PM

always on the look out for a better way to clue things down. I have tried a ton of things currently two favorites tape runner and mono adhesive.

can't pass up. animal stamps especially dogs

mrupple 09-23-2008 01:10 PM

First I would say stamps. I haven't been stamping all that long and always have my eye out for images that fit my style. Second would be rhinestones and ribbon. Can never have enough!
Melody

genie1314 09-23-2008 01:42 PM

RIBBON!!! I love ribbon, I hoard ribbon, I can't get enough ribbon!...especially if it is matchy matchy with paper!!!

kimreid_stamper 09-23-2008 01:55 PM

Are ya serious?? What CAN'T I pass up?? That list would be much too long to publish here!!

I am always on the lookout for fresh and fun stamps....I can't help it, it's an addiction. Oh and paper, LOVE paper....flowers...gotta have flowers and um...ribbon, ya don't forget the ribbon. OH and my latest thing is brads....LOVE brads, 'specially the sparkly ones!!

kimreid_stamper 09-23-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genie1314 (Post 11421248)
RIBBON!!! I love ribbon, I hoard ribbon, I can't get enough ribbon!...especially if it is matchy matchy with paper!!!

OH!! YES, Jen!! That's my other thing....can't pass ANYTHING up if it all matches!!!! :rolleyes:

StampOwl 09-23-2008 02:07 PM

Oh I agree with Kimmie here ... first up it would have to be stamps!!! then papers, brads I love brads!!!!!! ribbons .... and like Jen said if it matches even better. New copic colors would be good too cause I love my copics hehe! I am also always on the look out for new dies and cuttlebug folders etc that will help add that something too my card easily.

stampinjewelsd 09-23-2008 02:34 PM

Yes, yes, yes!!! I agree with all of the above! lol My number one thing other than stamps is definitely ribbon. I have more ribbon than I will ever admit to and I am always buying more. I also love brads and having paper and accessories to match.

jkerr1 09-23-2008 02:44 PM

Brads and bling. Haven't met a brad or bling I didn't like and want to take home with me. Especially if they're seasonal....Ooooooooh.

knightrone 09-23-2008 03:07 PM

I constantly am looking for better white paper....just haven't found one that I LOVE yet, that and watercolor paper...any help??LOL!!
Totally can't pass up designer paper, it is a sickness...oh, that and brads, ribbon, stamps, bling.....

cindy_haffner 09-23-2008 03:28 PM

I want it all, right now I'm hooked on the Martha Stewart punches, anything that it matchy matchy, paper, ribbon, primas.

And I can't do without my headless fix each month, hee hee they still freak out my hubby, he just doesn't get it. Love new stamps.

dmk104 09-23-2008 03:31 PM

I love my patterned paper. It's just so pretty! I also always seem to buy some ribbon when I see it!

nd pattycake 09-23-2008 03:34 PM

My paper sources are so slim here that I am always looking for paper suited for cards instead of scrapbooking. But I probably mostly drool over stamps themselves.

mmbc 09-23-2008 03:37 PM

One thing? Yikes! I love bling, printed paper and ribbon....equally! I can't pass any of them up.

nurse6b 09-23-2008 04:00 PM

Oh my!! I'm addicted to new stamps, printed papers, and bling. The more the better!!

basilefamily 09-23-2008 05:34 PM

Paper is my biggest weakeness.....and then if they offer things to match, buttons, ribbon etc, I've got to have all of it.

I also am loving my copics and having fun picking new colors.... just discovered my local art store sells them! eeks.....

Of course, a **healthy** supply of stamps.......

carrievision 09-23-2008 06:31 PM

Right now I am obsessed with embossing powders because the effect is so cool. I also love patterned paper!

flaxychick 09-24-2008 06:51 AM

I'm a paper addict. I have stacks of it at home and I'm always adding to it. I remember when I used to horde my paper..... now I use it freely and it still doesn't deplete!

ChristineM 09-24-2008 09:40 AM

I am always on the lookout for paper & new stamps..I too am addicted to the "headless" girls and they are so fun the paper piece...

I can't live without....mmmm..the list is too long..I am really enjoying baubles lately..

Shannon H 09-24-2008 09:43 AM

I am still hording my paper .. I love the basic grey paper packs .. any paper packs at that! Ribbon and more ribbon .. I have switched from paper hording to ribbon hording .. the hubby wonders when I am going to use it.

cuccicoo1002 09-24-2008 10:46 AM

I'm a sucker for just about anything really...if it catches my eye, I have to have it!

Bling - GOTTA have it...all kinds, jewels, glitter, all of it!
paper - fun, fresh, funky
SENTIMENTS - this is a BIG deal for me...I never seem to have enough
anything masculine that doesn't relate to golfing, fishing or gaming...hubby really doesn't have ANY of these hobbies, so he's hard to create for.

Craftea19 09-24-2008 06:17 PM

I have to admit I too am a ribbon and paper addict. I have tons of both and still buy it! It is a disease really! My latest addiction and HUNT is for paper with small print to use on cards. I too LOVE to color. I just started collecting copics. Can't afford them all at once so I pick up a couple here and one there...I am still very addicted to color. I hope Prisma comes out with some new colors soon, I do love those color pencils!

alittlemermaid 09-24-2008 07:15 PM

hhmm....my stamping supply that I always look out for is a CLEARANCE shelf!!! HA HA!! Guess that's not really a supply item, but I can't pick just one! I swear I can find just about anything to use on a card from a clearance shelf....different color paper clips, old calendars, a funky bow OR an item that I can "redecorate"...notebooks, address books...so many treasures in the Clearance aisle!

Craftea19 09-24-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

alittlemermaid hhmm....my stamping supply that I always look out for is a CLEARANCE shelf!!! HA HA!! Guess that's not really a supply item, but I can't pick just one! I swear I can find just about anything to use on a card from a clearance shelf....different color paper clips, old calendars, a funky bow OR an item that I can "redecorate"...notebooks, address books...so many treasures in the Clearance aisle!

I feel your pain!LOL! A clearance sign to me is like a like a magnet and my butt is lead! LOL. Our Hobby Lobby has the greatest clearance area. I found a pack of Basic Grey Christmas paper for $6.47! I wish I was rich then I would buy it all and give it to my stamping buddys.

cher2008 09-24-2008 08:03 PM

I cannot pass up button,and beads,and ribbon!!!!! I'd have to say the buttons would be the thing that I cant pass up, because there are soooo many different kinds,shapes,colors,some are cute,some are fancy,and they are fun to use on my cards. I have hundreds of cute,and fancy buttons. :) Love them all :)

toners100 09-24-2008 09:54 PM

Right now mine would be bling - and paper, paper, and more paper :)

okcapitolgirl 09-25-2008 04:51 AM

Oh yes - I'm a paper addict too! And, like Joanne (who has enabled me more times than I can count - LOL!) if embellishments, ribbon, flowers match - I'm buying it ALL! Paper, paper, paper. . . **sigh** love it!

AShu93 09-25-2008 05:16 AM

I am always on the lookout for pretty paper (as if I need more!) and I can never pass up glittery things - new stickles colors, glitter markers, bling, etc.

The MFT Lady 09-25-2008 05:23 AM

The random winner for the $5 gift cert is Glitter Girl! Email me at kim@mftstamps.com and I will send it out!!!

Thanks for playing along!!!

Glitter_Girl 09-25-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 11441295)
The random winner for the $5 gift cert is Glitter Girl! Email me at kim@mftstamps.com and I will send it out!!!

Thanks for playing along!!!

OMG! WOO HOO! I am so excited! This just gives me an excuse to have to purchase more stamps! :D