Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   November 2010 Guest Designer Challenge and Chatter (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/november-2010-guest-designer-challenge-chatter-t510531.html)

kerryj106 10-30-2010 04:42 AM

November 2010 Guest Designer Challenge and Chatter
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey all! Welcome to the November Guest Designer Challenge thread for My Favorite Things!

Christina and I are tickled to be hosting this month and have come up with a fun challenge for you. This challenge is called:

Supply and Demand
It’s time to break out your favorite office/school supplies for the guest designer contest. Incorporate them into your project (staples, paper clips, etc..) or base your entire project around them (altered notebook, post-it holder, etc..) – your choice.


Here are some details we need to cover as to how this all works and how YOU can get noticed:

1. Projects must feature some MFT stamps or products, but are not strictly limited to MFT stamps or products.

2. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 2nd at 10 PM EST.

3. When uploading your entries, please use the keyword MFTGUESTDT1110.

4. Christina and I will review all the entries and choose a winner. The winner will be announced at the Release Party at around 8:45pm EST on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010. The winner will receive a selection of stamps from the next release with a value over $100. You'll also join the MFT Design Team for that month!

5. As winner of the guest designer contest, we ask that you participate in 3 (of 5) teaser days as well as at least 1 (of 2) blog hops.

You can see all the entries for this contest HERE.

Good luck and we can't wait to see what you create!! Here are some samples to get you thinking.

cmf1216 10-30-2010 05:09 AM

This is going to be a FUN challenge, girls! I can't wait to see what you all create! :)

eggette 10-30-2010 05:49 AM

LOVE those samples girlfriends!! (I can say that because I met you at CHA....remember? .....when I met you?? yoo hoo!!) lol!

lisahenke 10-30-2010 08:36 AM

Fun, fun stuff! love the challenge this month. I know all you MFT junkies will blow it out of the water! sooooo super cute, samples ladies!

eggette 10-30-2010 09:42 AM

I'm in!! Here is my challenge entry!

'Tis the Season...for Teacher Gifts by eggette - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tradergirl 10-30-2010 10:37 AM

What an amazing new contest...the samples are SOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I am really in love with your products and if I could I sure would apply again...hehehehe...good luck to all, who apply and all I can say is that it is sooooo WORTH it to get to play with all the cute and fun stamps!!!!

nancyt 10-30-2010 10:58 AM

Beautiful examples ladies! I'm glad to see from the samples that you can just use the supplies not necessarily the theme! Awesome - both of them.

And Bonnie - so impressed that you have yours done but it's so pretty too!

I should have my done today too as oddly enough I already had something colored and ledger paper already picked out for it! Great minds I guess.....not really, more like just dumb luck on my part!

tradergirl 10-30-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggette (Post 17512723)

Bonnie, your card and gift box are GORGEOUS!!! Boy, you sure were quick...and did an amazing job! :)

Pattie G. 10-30-2010 01:33 PM

So cute girls! I'm working on mine, but I had twenty 13 and 14 year olds at my house last night for a Halloween party and I'm trying to recover...still can't hear that well...boy were they loud!

KelliJo 10-30-2010 02:00 PM

Just found it after seeing Kerry's and Christina's samples on their blogs... LOVE this idea... tough one too! hmmmm......:confused: What to do, what to do!!!!!

kittycatsx4 10-30-2010 02:33 PM

These are sooooooo cute! Love them!

AmberDawn 10-30-2010 03:50 PM

Looks like a really fun challenge, I'm on the case!;)

cveneruso 10-30-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerryj106 (Post 17511760)
Hey all! Welcome to the November Guest Designer Challenge thread for My Favorite Things!

Christina and I are tickled to be hosting this month and have come up with a fun challenge for you. This challenge is called:

Supply and Demand
Its time to break out your favorite office/school supplies for the guest designer contest. Incorporate them into your project (staples, paper clips, etc..) or base your entire project around them (altered notebook, post-it holder, etc..) your choice.


Here are some details we need to cover as to how this all works and how YOU can get noticed:

1. Projects must feature some MFT stamps or products, but are not strictly limited to MFT stamps or products.

2. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 2nd at 10 PM EST.

3. When uploading your entries, please use the keyword MFTGUESTDT1110.

4. Christina and I will review all the entries and choose a winner. The winner will be announced at the Release Party at around 8:45pm EST on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010. The winner will receive a selection of stamps from the next release with a value over $100. You'll also join the MFT Design Team for that month!

5. As winner of the guest designer contest, we ask that you participate in 3 (of 5) teaser days as well as at least 1 (of 2) blog hops.

You can see all the entries for this contest HERE.

Good luck and we can't wait to see what you create!! Here are some samples to get you thinking.

that's a fun challenge. every month when this challenge gets posted my stomach gets in a knot, like the pressure is on. I know I don't have to enter the challenge and I still get that feeling, does this happen to anyone else?
time to start thinking.

cveneruso 10-30-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattie G. (Post 17513346)
So cute girls! I'm working on mine, but I had twenty 13 and 14 year olds at my house last night for a Halloween party and I'm trying to recover...still can't hear that well...boy were they loud!

this is when alcohol and closets are a god send

Pattie G. 10-30-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 17513765)
this is when alcohol and closets are a god send

that's for sure! LOL

eggette 10-30-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradergirl (Post 17513092)
Bonnie, your card and gift box are GORGEOUS!!! Boy, you sure were quick...and did an amazing job! :)

Thank you so much! I already had an image coloured and my paper picked out so that is always half the battle for me! But it did come together rather quickly today - NOT always the case of course lol!

tradergirl 10-30-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggette (Post 17514131)
Thank you so much! I already had an image coloured and my paper picked out so that is always half the battle for me! But it did come together rather quickly today - NOT always the case of course lol!

Sometimes it's meant to be and everything IS READY and just waiting for that perfect occasion....LOVE THAT!!!! Well, I sure loved your creations!!! :p

janacb 10-30-2010 06:20 PM

Fun challenge, and beautiful samples. Gotta put my thinkin' cap on for this one though...although it fits the VIP bundle perfectly - bummer I didn't get it this month!!!

Pattie G. 10-30-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janacb (Post 17514226)
Fun challenge, and beautiful samples. Gotta put my thinkin' cap on for this one though...although it fits the VIP bundle perfectly - bummer I didn't get it this month!!!

Me either and my daughter just asked me for a card for her teacher...she hasn't given a teacher a card in years...that's not cool in 8th grade! She must really like this teacher!

AmberDawn 10-31-2010 02:38 AM

This was a tough one but really fun! Here's my card: MFT Guest DT Challenge-Office Supply Inspired! by AmberDawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I know right! Out of all the months to pass on the VIP! I don't have kids or make school related cards often though so I didn't get it:( Dang it anyway, I learned my lesson to NEVER skip one, lol!

cmf1216 10-31-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattie G. (Post 17513346)
So cute girls! I'm working on mine, but I had twenty 13 and 14 year olds at my house last night for a Halloween party and I'm trying to recover...still can't hear that well...boy were they loud!

OH MY GOSH -- you are one brave woman!!!

cmf1216 10-31-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 17513734)
that's a fun challenge. every month when this challenge gets posted my stomach gets in a knot, like the pressure is on. I know I don't have to enter the challenge and I still get that feeling, does this happen to anyone else?
time to start thinking.

No pressure, girls -- just have FUN!!! :)

nancyt 10-31-2010 07:36 AM

I'm lovin' all the projects so far! I'm never this early but I also had my image already colored and paper pieced as well as had all the papers picked out for it. It's on my blog:

All Hearts Come Home

It's also in the SCS gallery here.

kerryj106 10-31-2010 08:55 AM

Hey all! Loving the entries so far!! Like Christina said - no pressure, just have fun! I'm off to carve pumpkins with my kids but I'll check in later!

Pattie G. 10-31-2010 09:59 AM

Here's mine - it's the birthday card for my daughter's teacher!
Best Birthday Wishes

and I have a question...how do you attach thumbnails?

cmf1216 10-31-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattie G. (Post 17515824)
Here's mine - it's the birthday card for my daughter's teacher!
Best Birthday Wishes

and I have a question...how do you attach thumbnails?

Under the Quick Reply box, click on Go Advanced. Then click on Manage Attachments, and you can upload your photo. You close that window and post your reply!

Pattie G. 10-31-2010 11:25 AM

Thanks Christina!

Pattie G. 10-31-2010 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to try!

tradergirl 10-31-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattie G. (Post 17516876)
I had to try!

Pattie, I left you some love in your gallery, but I just wanted to say it here, too..your card is adorable!!!

craftycaro 10-31-2010 05:11 PM

What a fun challenge and hope I'll be able to put something together before the deadline! Good luck to all!

KelliJo 10-31-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycaro (Post 17517303)
What a fun challenge and hope I'll be able to put something together before the deadline! Good luck to all!

Love the new avie!!!! :D

KelliJo 10-31-2010 05:51 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Look at my AVATAR!!!! It's my PUMPKIN!!!!! :mrgreen:

I LOOOVE IT!!!!! :mrgreen: yes, easily amused but.... ;)

teacher114 10-31-2010 05:55 PM

Giving it a whirl this month....thanks for the fun challenge!

Ryan Turns 10

Pattie G. 10-31-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradergirl (Post 17517218)
Pattie, I left you some love in your gallery, but I just wanted to say it here, too..your card is adorable!!!

Thanks so much - that means a lot to me!

craftycaro 10-31-2010 07:54 PM

Thanks! I had hubby take a pic as soon as I returned from getting my haircut. My hairdresser decided to straighten, which is something I would never take the time to do on a daily basis. It's back to the curls and waves now - LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 17517372)
Love the new avie!!!! :D


AmberDawn 10-31-2010 08:11 PM

That is AWESOME, lol!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 17517439)
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Look at my AVATAR!!!! It's my PUMPKIN!!!!! :mrgreen:

I LOOOVE IT!!!!! :mrgreen: yes, easily amused but.... ;)


KelliJo 10-31-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycaro (Post 17517744)
Thanks! I had hubby take a pic as soon as I returned from getting my haircut. My hairdresser decided to straighten, which is something I would never take the time to do on a daily basis. It's back to the curls and waves now - LOL!

LOL! The rains have come up here so that is me now too, curls, waves and FRIZZ!!!!! :roll:

KelliJo 10-31-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawn (Post 17517793)
That is AWESOME, lol!!!

HA! :mrgreen: TWO of us that are easily amused!!! :mrgreen:

AmberDawn 11-01-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 17517957)
HA! :mrgreen: TWO of us that are easily amused!!! :mrgreen:

LOL that's me alright;) To this day you can give me a brown paper bag and I'll have fun with it somehow, lol!

tinahale38 11-01-2010 03:27 AM

Fun, fun challenge. Here is my entry.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:07 AM.