Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   The MFT Insider.... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/mft-insider-t395259.html)

The MFT Lady 11-04-2008 06:23 AM

The MFT Insider....

Hi all! I've gotten many questions from those popping in release parties and wanting to know what the heck we're saying! So, I thought I'd create a special place to fill you in on the back stories so you could pop right in and join us in all our silliness!

I am going to stick this thread and leave it open since some of you have your own funny MFT stories that I won't remember. So fill us in!

First up...My friend Jamie.... She's the reason I'm into my eyeballs in this mess! She is my dear friend who hosted an SU party, and of course I was obligated to buy one stamp set, and one ink pad. Then I had a new hobby. Then she drug me to a Stampfest show in Orlando. I was up at 5:30am raring to go, which if you know me, you will know how pivotal this is. I am NOT known for being up at the crack of dawn. So Jamie says to me the Friday night before the show opened, "I wonder what it's like to be on the inside of that room. Setting up for all the people who are gonna rush the doors in the morning, seeing what all the other vendors have before anyone else." and I said "Let's find out!". Seriously, that's how MFT was born! The original idea was to have an online store where I carried all of my favorite things! Products I had grown to love, the best of the best IMO. I then branched out thinking I needed a proprietary product, and selected stamps, and found Christy Beckwith in no small part thanks to Alma (TCP Lady).

As those of you who've met Jamie will attest, she is an absolute HOOT! Sheer comedic genius, she has traveled all over with me, keeping us all in stitches! Jamie is the mastermind behind the BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL you've seen us type. Here's how...at the summer CHA show in Chicago, we were traveling in a group of like 16, and had split up into smaller groups so we could see everything and were joking about how we'd find each other in the huge convention center. Jamie mentioned she'd seen a gathering of stampers at a local convention who'd developed this "call", (stick your tongue in and out of your mouth while humming) and that she thought it was hysterical, but effective. Hence, our homing call was born. I am quite aware of the stares we received that day, but we had so much fun, it was worth it! Now you can type BLBLBLBLBL with confidence as your MFT shout out!

OK girls....who's next? I'll be back later with more memories!

Joanne...you could fill us in on "Please shut your legs and turn around..." :twisted:

ChristineM 11-05-2008 12:06 PM

Too too funny! I love stories like this. I can imagine the call and stares..Just so you know, I laughed so hard, my tea is on my keyboard...

joannhw 11-05-2008 01:38 PM

Just checking in :)

cadnileb 11-06-2008 04:33 PM

Oh fun! Definitely fun to hear the origin of funny phrases and words!

nlsmith68 11-07-2008 11:02 AM

You're so cool, Kim. That's one big difference I felt at the parties here...quickly included instead of left in the dark by people who are "in the know" or part of a clique. MFT stampers are a great group. :)

princessp1971 12-31-2008 01:44 PM

I only recently purchased my first set and I think it will be safe to say my first of many!

basilefamily 01-04-2009 09:48 AM

Oh My Goodness, you did NOT! LOL! I just roared with laughter in my kitchen!

So, one night this summer, in Chicago, after a tasty dinner with the girls from both the MFT and the Gina K Designs team, several of us hopped into a cab back to our hotel. Last girl in the car was me, so I hopped right into the front seat with the driver. But clearly, I didn't want to miss a thing, so I was side saddle in my seat so I could hear what was going on in the backseat.

The driver was not amused by *any* of our shenanigans, and most certainly not by me sitting half backwards. So, he turned to me and said "Please turn around and close your legs." I laughed so hard I nearly fell OFF my seat. And for the record, I was wearing PANTS. Then we were all in fits of laughter - this guy couldn't get rid of us fast enough.

Thanks for all the laughs girls, I'm so sad I'm missing CHA this winter, I'm going to have to avoid blogland and all your posts so I don't feel too sorry for myself.

Then again, at least I won't have any more embarassing stories to add to my collection.

How about Cammie dropping her tasty cupcake on the floor and blaming Carole? Or, um, some very interesting behaviour I missed at Copic training. BWAH!

The MFT Lady 01-04-2009 11:22 AM

Uh, I don't mean to be the bad guy, but she opened her ink....
That still cracks me up!

Cammie 03-04-2009 07:02 PM

Ok.....but if they don't want you to open the ink they should tell you that right off the bat.

To fill ya'll in: a bunch of us took the Copic certification class last summer at CHA. So they give you a nice baggie full of markers/different kinds and refill ink. I had NEVER seen the refill inks before and thought they were a new kind of marker---WRONG! Learned the hard way.

About half way through the class Marianne addressed the ink. (Saying that she hoped no one opened her ink....well, a rat at my table blabbed that I had already opened mine!)
hrmph!

Thanks for the reminder to be mad at "her" again Kim! (heheee!)

The MFT Lady 03-05-2009 06:11 AM

Yeah, you'll have a tough time considering she's PREGNANT! And it's a girl!!!

Hmmmm, what should our next story be??? Drunk Cammie was fun...maybe we should talk about her?

KEESH23 03-19-2009 07:40 PM

Oh that is hilarious! Thanks for sharing your fun stories with us! Keesh x

cricutmachinequeen 06-18-2009 06:20 PM

Super Fun! Thanks for sharing that fun story. And isn't funny how we start our hobbies with a simple courtesy order to help a friend, haha.