Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   MFT Academy - Coloring with Prismacolor Pencils (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/mft-academy-coloring-prismacolor-pencils-t567596.html)

basilefamily 01-21-2013 09:59 AM

MFT Academy - Coloring with Prismacolor Pencils

Hi everyone!

Did you see Inge's incredible tutorial on coloring with Prismacolor pencils?

You'll love the step by step details she's shared. If you missed it, you can find the full tutorial here:

Introducing MFT Academy – Class Is in Session! | My Favorite Things

Here's a peek at Inge's finished sample:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cKyMw18CkC...cilsinside.jpg

I actually dug out my pencils last night and followed along with her tutorial step by step.

If you give the technique a try, be sure to link it up over here for us to enjoy!

We invite you to play along and put your pencils to work too! Be sure to use the keyword MFTED1 in your gallery upload to Splitcoaststampers so we can see all the gorgeous Prismacolor samples in one place.

We look forward to bringing you more MFT Academy posts. In fact, our next MFT Academy is in development right now. Stay tuned for a post from our next Guest Professor in mid February!

texasjodylynn 01-21-2013 10:07 AM

What an amazing tutorial! Thanks for pointing it out and I can't wait to try it.

teegee7617 01-21-2013 10:14 AM

I did see it! It was amazing! And this weekend while I was out running errands, I stopped at a craft store and bought a pencil sharpener so I can blow the dust off my colored pencils.

stampinjewelsd 01-21-2013 12:08 PM

I plan on trying it this week! My pencils also have dust all over them! LOL

Crafter 4 Life 01-21-2013 02:55 PM

All try this. Really like the easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

I took a class from Karen, from Lockhart Stamp Co. so know where to find my Prismas. Don't use then often enough.

basilefamily 01-21-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 19955657)
I did see it! It was amazing! And this weekend while I was out running errands, I stopped at a craft store and bought a pencil sharpener so I can blow the dust off my colored pencils.

When I sat down to use mine, I was shocked by how many weren't even sharpened. Sigh.

I was a madwoman with my electric pencil sharpener that I keep for the kids homework. :) Can't wait to see what you color up with your dusted off pencils!

basilefamily 01-21-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinjewelsd (Post 19955898)
I plan on trying it this week! My pencils also have dust all over them! LOL

Can't wait to see! So many fun stamps to color in! :)

stamp_momma 01-24-2013 08:20 AM

What a beautiful technique. I need to dust off my colored pencils!

basilefamily 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

This was so much fun! Here's my sample using the new Doodle Garden Sweet Friend.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cvdYQdESsN...eet-Friend.jpg

More details on this post on my blog:

...just a little something....: Sweet Penciled Friend

**Inge** 01-24-2013 09:31 AM

Love your card Joanne, she's looking so soft and cute colored with the Prisma Pencils! Can't wait to see all your samples girls so dust of your pencils and give it a go, it'll be fun I promise :D

Zehra 01-24-2013 12:02 PM

Inge I loved it
i made a sample though i only used it for her face and hair, the color combos are also so cool
MFTWSC108/ picture perfect by Zehra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rambling Boots 01-27-2013 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've always adored Inge's creativity and just had to have a go at her MFT Academy. I've had my Prisma's for ages and very rarely use them so it was a fantastic opportunity to air them ! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I was able to combine my efforts with the Wednesday Sketch Club too !

delfinaus 01-27-2013 07:37 PM

This was truly a great technique and I dusted off my pencils too! They are so much more affordable than copics as well!!! Hmm I might revisit my pencils a lot more often!
thanks for the great tutorial!

teegee7617 01-28-2013 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did it! I hauled out my colored pencils! This is actually the first time I've colored an image with pencils. I have had my pencils for over 20 years. My sister gave them to me when I was taking and anatomy & physiology course. I'm definitely going to have to try this out again.

Thanks for doing this great tutorial. It absolutely inspired me to try out a technique that I had always meant to try, but never quite got around to. :)

I'm Raptor Round Your Finger by teegee7617 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

texasjodylynn 01-28-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 19969004)
I did it! I hauled out my colored pencils! This is actually the first time I've colored an image with pencils. I have had my pencils for over 20 years. My sister gave them to me when I was taking and anatomy & physiology course. I'm definitely going to have to try this out again.

Thanks for doing this great tutorial. It absolutely inspired me to try out a technique that I had always meant to try, but never quite got around to. :)

I'm Raptor Round Your Finger by teegee7617 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Way to go, Kirsty. It's ADORABLE!

Zehra 01-28-2013 05:15 AM

here are two cards I made, both using Inge's tutorial, (I am so loving it)one with pencils and the other one with copics following the same principal
MFTGUESTDT0213/ sassy girl/MFTED1 by Zehra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
MFTGUESTDT0213/ sassy girl/MFTED1 by Zehra - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

lisajtmo 01-28-2013 06:25 AM

When I tried to open the link up in Chrome, it told me that there was Malware suspected and wouldn't let me see it. I was able to open it up in Internet Explorer. (I think it's something buggy with Chrome. I've heard of other stamping sites being blocked by Chrome that really did NOT have Malware.)

texasjodylynn 01-28-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisajtmo (Post 19969309)
When I tried to open the link up in Chrome, it told me that there was Malware suspected and wouldn't let me see it. I was able to open it up in Internet Explorer. (I think it's something buggy with Chrome. I've heard of other stamping sites being blocked by Chrome that really did NOT have Malware.)

It has something to do with the Stamping Top 50 widget. It should be ok. :)