Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Sizes? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/die-namics-jumbo-fishtail-banner-stax-sizes-t565409.html)

Hearts0314 12-04-2012 04:13 PM

Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Sizes?

I recently purchased my first Die-namic - Rectangle STAX 1 - and ABSOLUTELY love it! I'm looking at getting the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, but was wondering on its sizes. Can anyone tell me how big they are?

Thank You!

Marlene

texasjodylynn 12-04-2012 08:38 PM

Sure thing! I measured the length from the top of the straight edge to the tip of the "fishtail" by the width of the die.

4 1/2 X 3 1/2
4 X 3 1/8
3 5/8 X 2 3/4
3 1/8 X 2 3/8
2 5/8 X 2
2 1/4 X 1 5/8
1 3/4 X 1 1/4
1 3/8 X 7/8

Hearts0314 12-05-2012 04:34 AM

Thanks Jody!! Your awesome!!

ok...so when you measured it...you measured straight down to the tip of the fishtail and not to the center where it forms the ^ shape, right?

Thanks!

texasjodylynn 12-06-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hearts0314 (Post 19867583)
Thanks Jody!! Your awesome!!

ok...so when you measured it...you measured straight down to the tip of the fishtail and not to the center where it forms the ^ shape, right?

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Yes, I measured straight down the side, to the longest part of the tip, but the center "^" area. :)

Makalah 12-26-2012 12:44 PM

I'm taking advantage of the sale, but can only afford to get one of the fishtail stax. Which one would be more versatile for someone who primarily makes cards but plans to do more scrapbooking in the future? Any preferences or projects featuring one set? I'm too indecisive...eeny meeny minie mo...

Jumbo fishtail banner stax: Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX

OR

Fishtail flags layers stax: Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX

texasjodylynn 12-27-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makalah (Post 19904010)
I'm taking advantage of the sale, but can only afford to get one of the fishtail stax. Which one would be more versatile for someone who primarily makes cards but plans to do more scrapbooking in the future? Any preferences or projects featuring one set? I'm too indecisive...eeny meeny minie mo...

Jumbo fishtail banner stax: Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX

OR

Fishtail flags layers stax: Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX

That is a really hard question. The Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX can be used to spell out words (the smaller pieces), or house a larger element.

The Fishtail Flag Layers STAX are more for sentiments, accents, and "strips".

I guess it depends on which you see yourself using most? I probably use the Layers more often, as an accent or layer on my cards. But the Jumbo Banner is cool because it's a little more versatile and has more uses/applications. You can make an actual banner, spell out words on cards or scrapbook pages, and they are more bulky, so you can use it for a card layer or to house a photo on a scrapbook page.

Good luck deciding. :)