Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   Celebrate MFT Day! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/celebrate-mft-day-t412622.html)

texasjodylynn 01-19-2009 12:37 PM

Celebrate MFT Day!

Why not do it MFT style?

Every month on the 20th is CELEBRATE MFT DAY!

HOW can you celebrate MFT you ask?

Well... in true MFT style of course! Whip out your MFT stamps and make something pretty for us to oooooooooo and aaaaaaaaaah over of course! :)

Want to be REALLY festive? Why not make something using traditional MFT colors: pink, black and white!

Thanks for participating and I can't wait to see your creations. :)

Toy 01-19-2009 12:39 PM

Oh, me me me! I want to celebrate the MFT way :) ! I have been promising myself *forever* that I need to put this on my calendar... well now that I HAVE a calendar to put it on... well, you know! :)

Going to whip something up for tomorrow!

cindy_haffner 01-20-2009 04:07 AM

Hey Jody what is the key word for CELEBRATE MFT DAY!

knightrone 01-20-2009 05:01 AM

Here is my card!! Happy MFT day!!

You Make My Heart Hop

basilefamily 01-20-2009 06:09 AM

Here's mine! I do love myself a little flopsey.....

Sweet Flopsey

dbaker3 01-20-2009 06:42 AM

of COURSE I want to CELEBRATE but this DANG full-time job is PREVENTING ME! ugh :mad:

I'll play this evening!

Mrs. Mac 01-20-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12796648)
of COURSE I want to CELEBRATE but this DANG full-time job is PREVENTING ME! ugh :mad:

I'll play this evening!

I'm right there with you. Now if I could find a way to stamp at work that would be rocking!

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_haffner (Post 12794948)
Hey Jody what is the key word for CELEBRATE MFT DAY!

Thanks, Cindy for that suggestion! How about... celebrateMFT? :)

Happy Celebrate MFT Day!

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12796648)

I'll play this evening!

Work? Work? Well, I guess that's a pretty good reason! :) Thanks for stopping by and hopefully after you get home you can play!

PS: Your comment made me think of a February release stamp set that you'll need. :) I can't say anything else or Kim will kill me but... you'll need it. :)

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mac (Post 12797159)
I'm right there with you. Now if I could find a way to stamp at work that would be rocking!

You know, once upon a time when I had a job, I actually stamped at work. LOL I worked at a place where I didn't have all that much to do, so in downtime, I would stamp. heehee I was the only one around, so I made good use of my time. :mrgreen:

Mrs. Mac 01-20-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12798158)
You know, once upon a time when I had a job, I actually stamped at work. LOL I worked at a place where I didn't have all that much to do, so in downtime, I would stamp. heehee I was the only one around, so I made good use of my time. :mrgreen:

Oh I would so love to do that! I might need to get into digi stamping or something! I do have a paper pack on my home computer that I may just have to bring here.....hee hee.....

nd pattycake 01-20-2009 10:07 AM

Quick, simple, out the door and in mail already!

Toteally fantastic

dbaker3 01-20-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12798149)
Work? Work? Well, I guess that's a pretty good reason! :) Thanks for stopping by and hopefully after you get home you can play!

PS: Your comment made me think of a February release stamp set that you'll need. :) I can't say anything else or Kim will kill me but... you'll need it. :)

hmmmm... you piqued my interest! it's not really a good reason (not in my addicted mind) can't wait to see!!

dbaker3 01-20-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12798158)

that's so cool! I hope I can some day say once upon a time when it comes to work!

cindy_haffner 01-20-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12798123)
Thanks, Cindy for that suggestion! How about... celebrateMFT? :)

Happy Celebrate MFT Day!

Sounds great, i will post a couple later.

jaymerz 01-20-2009 12:42 PM

YAY I remembered, haha
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1201228

Mrs. Mac 01-20-2009 03:47 PM

I managed to make a quick one up tonight....now I'm going to lay down before I fall down.....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=41448

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mac (Post 12798701)
Oh I would so love to do that! I might need to get into digi stamping or something! I do have a paper pack on my home computer that I may just have to bring here.....hee hee.....

Stamp some images and bring some coloring mediums with you for slow times. (if you have any down time anyway) :)

You'd die laughing if I told you WHERE I worked that I was able to stamp! :oops:

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nd pattycake (Post 12799076)
Quick, simple, out the door and in mail already!

Toteally fantastic

That is SO super cute!

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12799087)
hmmmm... you piqued my interest! it's not really a good reason (not in my addicted mind) can't wait to see!!

LMBO! You SO need the set! You'll know EXACTLY why I am saying this when you see the set. :) :mrgreen:

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12799098)
that's so cool! I hope I can some day say once upon a time when it comes to work!

My hubby's schedule is wierd and he works 24 hour shifts so I can't think of a business that would want to work with my schedule like they'd have to. LOL My hubby works 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on and then 4 days off. Then it starts all over again. His days of the week constantly change and other than it being consistently rotating, it is INconsistent KWIM? LOL I really can't work for that reason. I have 3 kids and no one to help. Plus, who would be there to take meals to my hubby? LOL He works 2 1/2 miles from our house, so even when he is at work, I still take him many of his meals. I used to miss working, but now... not so much. LOL

dbaker3 01-20-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12803870)
My hubby's schedule is wierd and he works 24 hour shifts so I can't think of a business that would want to work with my schedule like they'd have to. LOL My hubby works 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on and then 4 days off. Then it starts all over again. His days of the week constantly change and other than it being consistently rotating, it is INconsistent KWIM? LOL I really can't work for that reason. I have 3 kids and no one to help. Plus, who would be there to take meals to my hubby? LOL He works 2 1/2 miles from our house, so even when he is at work, I still take him many of his meals. I used to miss working, but now... not so much. LOL

whoa that inconsistency is interesting but at least when he's home y'all can spend quality time together (esp when it's 4 days off)- what does he do???

cindy_haffner 01-20-2009 05:21 PM

Here are two BC Dzyns and Baby Doll

Mrs. Mac 01-20-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12803681)
Stamp some images and bring some coloring mediums with you for slow times. (if you have any down time anyway) :)

You'd die laughing if I told you WHERE I worked that I was able to stamp! :oops:

Down time would be nice!!! But with more cuts coming in our department tomorrow my workload is only going to increase. :(

But I do get to work from home one day a week, so I slip in some stamping then... hee hee.... :D

The MFT Lady 01-20-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12803766)
LMBO! You SO need the set! You'll know EXACTLY why I am saying this when you see the set. :) :mrgreen:

I'm dyin' to know to, and I KNOW what the set says!

dbaker3 01-20-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12803766)

oh do tell where you worked!!! I need a good laugh :-D

dbaker3 01-20-2009 06:01 PM

finally! my card

this was fun to make - I love mixing sets! it's a little busy but hey, I still think it works!

Cupcakes rock my world

Robin R 01-20-2009 06:15 PM

I did, a day early ;) Check out my blog. I know my cards are not very good, but I LOVE these stamps :)

Toy 01-20-2009 06:22 PM

Thanks Jody!

I managed to get mine done ON the 20th! LOL

Here is:

~Herd It's Your Birthday~ (note.... I did it in the proper colors!)

TFL!~

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12805082)
whoa that inconsistency is interesting but at least when he's home y'all can spend quality time together (esp when it's 4 days off)- what does he do???

I do enjoy the quality time... most of the time. :cool: LOL Sometimes he drives me crazy, but those are the times I am PMSing! LMAO We get to enjoy time together while the kids are in school, so that is when we have our "dates". :)

He is a flight paramedic on a helicopter crew. It is a 3 man crew (nurse, medic and pilot) and they do patient transfers and scene calls (bad accidents usually).

What do you do, Donna?

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mac (Post 12805224)
Down time would be nice!!! But with more cuts coming in our department tomorrow my workload is only going to increase. :(

But I do get to work from home one day a week, so I slip in some stamping then... hee hee.... :D

Good thinking! :mrgreen:

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaker3 (Post 12805418)
oh do tell where you worked!!! I need a good laugh :-D

OK... ready for this...

Let me disclaimer first: I rarely drink alcohol, and am generally a home-body.

OK, I was a BARTENDER! LMAO It was in a pool hall that was in a bowling alley. The "bar" was frequented by mostly teenagers who wanted to come play pool so there wasn't a whole lot for me to do most of the time.

2nd diclaimer: I didn't know the first thing about bartending when I first started, but took the job as a favor to the manager who took over after my grandfather died (who had managed the bowling alley) many years ago. She wanted someone she trusted and who better than a non-partying housewife? heehee

So anyway, I used to take my stamping supplies and printed cards (from the SCS gallery) and sit there and duplicate designs I liked. I stamped for hours and built up quite the stash of cards. LOL

I stopped working there about 5 years I guess. Anyway, who can imagine a stamping bartender? :rolleyes:

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin R (Post 12806020)
I did, a day early ;) Check out my blog. I know my cards are not very good, but I LOVE these stamps :)

Very cute! :) Thanks for playing!

raduse 01-20-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12798149)

Does it say "take this job and shove it!"? Because if so, I so need it! I forgot all about today, so I'd better get moving and make a card that fits the colors and PDQ too.

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse (Post 12807241)
Does it say "take this job and shove it!"? Because if so, I so need it! I forgot all about today, so I'd better get moving and make a card that fits the colors and PDQ too.

No, it doesn't say that, but it would be funny! :)

Mrs. Mac 01-20-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12806795)
OK... ready for this...

OK, I was a BARTENDER! LMAO It was in a pool hall that was in a bowling alley. The "bar" was frequented by mostly teenagers who wanted to come play pool so there wasn't a whole lot for me to do most of the time.

2nd diclaimer: I didn't know the first thing about bartending when I first started, but took the job as a favor to the manager who took over after my grandfather died (who had managed the bowling alley) many years ago. She wanted someone she trusted and who better than a non-partying housewife? heehee

So anyway, I used to take my stamping supplies and printed cards (from the SCS gallery) and sit there and duplicate designs I liked. I stamped for hours and built up quite the stash of cards. LOL

I stopped working there about 5 years I guess. Anyway, who can imagine a stamping bartender? :rolleyes:

I would love it if I walked into a bar and the bartender was busy stamping away!!!!

texasjodylynn 01-20-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mac (Post 12807415)
I would love it if I walked into a bar and the bartender was busy stamping away!!!!

LOL! You could have sat down with me and stamped. :mrgreen:

dbaker3 01-21-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12806625)
I do enjoy the quality time... most of the time. :cool: LOL Sometimes he drives me crazy, but those are the times I am PMSing! LMAO We get to enjoy time together while the kids are in school, so that is when we have our "dates". :)

He is a flight paramedic on a helicopter crew. It is a 3 man crew (nurse, medic and pilot) and they do patient transfers and scene calls (bad accidents usually).

What do you do, Donna?

oooh - that's cool, but I'm sure nerve-wracking. Accounts Payable for local home builder, nothing glorious. Since the industry has 'slowed' we lost quite a few to lay offs, absorbed their duties and now management initiated committee based programs to basically illicit more sales. It's kind of exciting though! Of course all I can do is think about stamping all day while I enter payables! oh and sneak on to check blogs, SCS and try not to get caught!:eek:

dbaker3 01-21-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 12806795)
OK... ready for this...

oh my gosh - that is TOO funny! I think it would be fun to work in a bowling alley - all 3 of us girls bowled (as did our dad) in leagues so we spent many days in them growing up & even went on trips to SoCal for tournaments.

ChristineM 01-21-2009 05:12 AM

I made this last night to celebrate MFT day

Celebrate Maid style