Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Favorite Things (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/)
-   -   For April, the BOYS are back in town! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-favorite-things-f164/april-boys-back-town-t429247.html)

The MFT Lady 03-31-2009 05:31 AM

For April, the BOYS are back in town!
 
Join us this Wed night, April 1st at 9pm EASTERN as we celebrate our April Release! We are releasing:

Girls Night Out
Bens Paper Dolls
Cuddle Up Carter
Flopsey's Flowers
NEW Adornments
NEW Ribbons
NEW Perfect Paper Coloring Panels

How about a dose of monthly poetry to get you in the *mood*?

This month at MFT, the boys are in town,
And it’s Girls Night Out with friends all around.
With Carter you’ll Cuddle and Ben you’ll adore,
While Flopsey has sweet smelling treats galore!


HERE is the gallery link to all the April goodness.

Our Hop Around the Block will go live at midnight TONIGHT starting on my BLOG and will feature eye candy galore with an MFTreat at the end.

The One-Click Collection will be on sale for $49.95 for the FIRST 48 hours after the release only! Purchase it at it's special price until Friday night at midnight EST.

The First 50 is Potluck and you automatically qualify on orders under 10399. If your order is for digi papers, and doesn't require shipping, the First 50 gift does not apply.

The sets will go live Wed., April 1st at 10pm EST (and a whole hour earlier for TLC Members!)

See you there!

jaymerz 03-31-2009 05:45 AM

Sounds like fun!! I can't wait.

lisahenke 03-31-2009 07:01 AM

WOW! I can't wait to see all the goodness in their full glory! this release looks great so far.

nurse6b 03-31-2009 09:01 AM

I'm lovin' it so far!

hobbydiva 03-31-2009 09:22 AM

I am so there!!!! My cart is ready and I am definitely gonna buy the one click this month!!!! The sneak peeks are awesome!!!!

Stampin'NPA 03-31-2009 10:29 AM

I would like to do the One Click thing, but I already have Girls Night Out!!! Can I switch with something I don't have? I'll pay extra!!!!

KelliJo 03-31-2009 02:00 PM

I am all over this...been saving the last of the milk money...

Erin, you can swap out the GNO for a set of your choice but MUST put in selection in the comments section....perks are listed inside your VIP Pack....

raduse 03-31-2009 05:33 PM

Cool!!! I'm so all over this release! My cart is ready too.

Busy*Becca*Bee 03-31-2009 06:08 PM

I'm ready to swipe my card!!!!

texasjodylynn 03-31-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'NPA (Post 13601420)
I would like to do the One Click thing, but I already have Girls Night Out!!! Can I switch with something I don't have? I'll pay extra!!!!

Erin, yes you can. Because you were one of the top 10 and received this set, you may switch it out for any other set on the site. Please list your choice in the comments section along with a note that you are switching it out because you were in the top 10. Thanks. :)

Bar 04-01-2009 06:04 AM

OMGosh! All of the samples are AWESOME!! Can't wait until 9:00 tonight!

JessicaQuilts 04-01-2009 06:06 AM

oOOOH could the new adonments be flower soft? I am really wanting to get some. but I am waiting........

JessicaQuilts 04-01-2009 06:07 AM

I am excited abou tonight I can't wait to see what all the new sets look like in full. I loved the hop. I am excited to be here tonight and watch LOST.So I will have to hurry to get home and get the kid off to bed tonight....

Bar 04-01-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaQuilts (Post 13609907)
oOOOH could the new adonments be flower soft? I am really wanting to get some. but I am waiting........

Oh, yeah!! I'm wanting some of that, too!!

Stampin'NPA 04-01-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 13607836)
Erin, yes you can. Because you were one of the top 10 and received this set, you may switch it out for any other set on the site. Please list your choice in the comments section along with a note that you are switching it out because you were in the top 10. Thanks. :)

Oh, awesome! Thanks, Jody!!!

JessicaQuilts 04-01-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar (Post 13609963)
Oh, yeah!! I'm wanting some of that, too!!

Hey maybe if we brib Kim with an Appletini she will get some in? YEAH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JessicaQuilts 04-01-2009 08:18 AM

Please Please Please am I begging to much? PLEASE for to Appletini's

jaymerz 04-01-2009 08:25 AM

Loved the blog hop!! I am so excited for the little boy sets, there are not enough of those out there.

jaymerz 04-01-2009 10:25 AM

I Love Carter, and I love him even more after reading Carole's note in the newsletter. I am weepy, that is what being a mom does to you :). I can't wait to buy this set.

mrupple 04-01-2009 10:44 AM

Love the blog hop! After having four daughters of my own, and now have a grandson! I am excited about the little boy stamps, both for cards and scrapbooking!

The MFT Lady 04-01-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'NPA (Post 13601420)
I would like to do the One Click thing, but I already have Girls Night Out!!! Can I switch with something I don't have? I'll pay extra!!!!

Sure! Just list your set choice in the comments section!

babitoons 04-01-2009 11:14 AM

I can't wait for tonight! The blog hop was wonderful!

stampinjewelsd 04-01-2009 11:17 AM

The blog hop was great, I am just hoping that I can stay awake for the party tongiht. The time change and the jet lag have been killing me for the last few days! I know, you all feel sorry for me! lol

The MFT Lady 04-01-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinjewelsd (Post 13612990)
The blog hop was great, I am just hoping that I can stay awake for the party tongiht. The time change and the jet lag have been killing me for the last few days! I know, you all feel sorry for me! lol

Sure we do Julie...what with all the gorgeous scenery and amazing weather....the jet set lifestyle and free trips to exotic destinations....yeah, I really feel sad for you. :twisted:

stampinjewelsd 04-01-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 13613054)
Sure we do Julie...what with all the gorgeous scenery and amazing weather....the jet set lifestyle and free trips to exotic destinations....yeah, I really feel sad for you. :twisted:

LOL, I feel bad complaining but man am I tired! lol

I have a question for you Kim, I see you have new paper pannels coming. Can you tell us more about them? Can you use Copics with them? I am down to my very last piece of Papertrey White cardstock that I use for coloring with Copics. I need to order something fast! Will the new pannels work for this?

The MFT Lady 04-01-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinjewelsd (Post 13613152)
LOL, I feel bad complaining but man am I tired! lol

I have a question for you Kim, I see you have new paper pannels coming. Can you tell us more about them? Can you use Copics with them? Will the new panels work for this?

Yes, yes and yes!!! The panels are quite literally the best paper I have found for coloring with Copics and/or Prismacolor Pencils (with or without gamsol).

You will definitely want to stick with you favorite 8.5 x 11 paper for your card base since this paper is extraordinarily expensive, and the panels are 4.25 x 5.5".

I am quite sure you'll love it!!!

stampinjewelsd 04-01-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 13613238)
Yes, yes and yes!!! The panels are quite literally the best paper I have found for coloring with Copics and/or Prismacolor Pencils (with or without gamsol).

I am quite sure you'll love it!!!

Excellent! I can't wait for the release!

The MFT Lady 04-01-2009 12:14 PM

SInce you're a lifer, it's only 4.5 hours from now!!

MichelleS71 04-01-2009 03:00 PM

Hi Everyone
 
Hi Everyone, first I have to say thank you to Kim and her team for all the eye candy and the wonderful stamps being released today. Well, I will be stalking until later tonight. I must finish my homework and feed the kids (DH and DS) before I can play. :rolleyes:

MichelleS71 04-01-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 13613238)
Yes, yes and yes!!! The panels are quite literally the best paper I have found for coloring with Copics and/or Prismacolor Pencils (with or without gamsol).

You will definitely want to stick with you favorite 8.5 x 11 paper for your card base since this paper is extraordinarily expensive, and the panels are 4.25 x 5.5".

I am quite sure you'll love it!!!


Hi Kim,

Will the paper work with the Derwent Watercolos also? I was told at an art supply store that I should not use a blender pen with my watercolors but instead I should use a waterpen. I am having a difficult time with the waterpen and like the results of the blender pen much better. Any suggestions?

texasjodylynn 04-01-2009 03:20 PM

The new paper is AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! I have finally found a paper that provides rich color, blendability AND doesn't soak up Copic ink like a sponge. It provides vivid color and looks good! I love it! :mrgreen:

jaymerz 04-01-2009 03:44 PM

I like the sound of the new paper, gonna have to try it out.

Bar 04-01-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 13615133)
The new paper is AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! I have finally found a paper that provides rich color, blendability AND doesn't soak up Copic ink like a sponge. It provides vivid color and looks good! I love it! :mrgreen:

Jody, don't hold back, girl!! I can't wait to try it out!!!

cveneruso 04-01-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerz (Post 13615379)
I like the sound of the new paper, gonna have to try it out.

It came in the VIP pack. It's very nice and with all nice stuff I have to fight my urge to horde it instead of using it.

jaymerz 04-01-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 13615512)
It came in the VIP pack. It's very nice and with all nice stuff I have to fight my urge to horde it instead of using it.

I would probably do that

jaymerz 04-01-2009 04:05 PM

Are you watching I get that alot, it is funny!!

TruCarMa 04-01-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerz (Post 13612548)
I Love Carter, and I love him even more after reading Carole's note in the newsletter. I am weepy, that is what being a mom does to you :). I can't wait to buy this set.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wetkissf.gif

TruCarMa 04-01-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleS71 (Post 13615006)
Hi Kim,

Will the paper work with the Derwent Watercolos also? I was told at an art supply store that I should not use a blender pen with my watercolors but instead I should use a waterpen. I am having a difficult time with the waterpen and like the results of the blender pen much better. Any suggestions?

I don't like waterpens/waterbrushes AT ALL! I had an 'a ha' moment when reading a watercolor tutorial Cammie did on her blog several months ago when she said that she just used a regular paint brush and a cup of water to watercolor with since she didn't like the lack of control she felt with the water brush. It was totally one of those "Duh!" smack-my-forehead moments -- watercoloring is MUCH easier doing it the old fashioned way, IMHO.

As for the MFT paper panels and watercolors, I don't really think so. I think you'd have a lot better luck with a heavy weight (say 90 lb) hot pressed watercolor paper. They don't usually carry these in Hobby Lobby or Michael's (all of that stuff is cold pressed), but I've found large sheets of it at Art Supply stores and you can bring them home and cut them down to whatever size you want.

kimizzle 04-01-2009 04:21 PM

Can't wait. Hopefully i can stay awake!!

jaymerz 04-01-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMa (Post 13615681)

Ahh thanks, I really do think mom's with special needs kids are amazing. One of my college roomates daughter just went into surgery for a brain tumor, she is just a little over a year old. They still don't know if it is going to be cancerous or if she will have any brain damage. But my friend has been amazing through the whole thing and I am just in awe. I think I would be a mess.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:18 AM.