In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Featured Project

My Favorite Things on Splitcoast

Baby Girl

by strappystamper

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree365Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default Club 52: How's it going?

So I figured we are about a 1/4 of the way through this year's WSC's, and I just wanted to see how my fellow 52'ers are doing!

So who needs a little support to get caught up or keep going? This is the thread for you!

(Club 52 is the name bestowed upon those of us who have completed a year's worth of WSC, or those attempting to.)

I'll start: My name is Becky and I am once again attempting to complete all 52 WSC's in 2013. This will be my third complete year if I am successfull. I'm all caught up and even managed to get the last two uploaded within the deadline!

Jump in, let's chat!
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
stamp_momma likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
texasjodylynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida - MFT Land
Posts: 39,367
Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default

Well done, Becky! I am so proud of you. I need to get back in gear for WSC, myself.
__________________
Jody
My Blog: Confessions of a Ribbon Addict
I LOVE MFT! :)
texasjodylynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Stampin' Fool
 
teegee7617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,493
Default

Well, I'm doing soooo much better than last year! (*cough* 3 *cough*) So far I've gotten all but last week & this week posted. And I have both of them complete, just need to get pics off the camera.
__________________
Kirsty

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
teegee7617 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Stampin' Fool
 
teegee7617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,493
Default

OK Becky. You got me motivated to get my cards uploaded before I went to bed for the night. So now I am up to date! Thanks!

I've been pretty so-so on deadlines. I think the first 3 or so weeks I was late and then maybe one or two since then. (And last week.) I don't have much time to craft during the week, so if I have a busy weekend, I may not have any craft time at all that week. (Which is what happened last weekend.)

And now bed!
__________________
Kirsty

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
teegee7617 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Woohoo, Kirsty! Glad you are up to date! Thanks for chiming in. Now that I have WSC caught up, I feel like I don't know what to stamp, lol! So used to having a couple to catch up on. Planning on stamping today, didn't get much done last week because my son was sick. He's finally back to himself today, phew.
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
texasjodylynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida - MFT Land
Posts: 39,367
Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabatgirl View Post
Woohoo, Kirsty! Glad you are up to date! Thanks for chiming in. Now that I have WSC caught up, I feel like I don't know what to stamp, lol! So used to having a couple to catch up on. Planning on stamping today, didn't get much done last week because my son was sick. He's finally back to himself today, phew.
Enter an extra card for the current week?

Glad your son is feeling better. We've been cycling through something here in my house. This week, it's my turn.
__________________
Jody
My Blog: Confessions of a Ribbon Addict
I LOVE MFT! :)
texasjodylynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjodylynn View Post
Enter an extra card for the current week?

Glad your son is feeling better. We've been cycling through something here in my house. This week, it's my turn.
Oh no, hope you feel better soon! It took Adam a week to get over whatever he had as he got dehydrated. NO FUN! So far, no one else has gotten it.
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 327
Default

Becky,

That is awesome that you have done every Weekly Stamp Club challenge for 2 1/4 years! It is also a really great idea to have Club 52 to keep you motivated!

Tell me, do you feel that your card-making ability has improved over the 2 1/4 years you've geen doing the weekly challenge?

Signe
nibs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Hi everyone!

I'm Tricia and I think I'm on my 83rd consecutive challenge... or so! And - yes - definitely I think it makes you a better stamper, Signe! I've watched the DT's work over the past few years and picked out a couple of them that I just *love* their style. Then I try to pick apart their cards in my mind and use some of their design tricks on my own cards. For example... Jackie Pedro will often use a kraft background, then a piece of dp layered on white. All of the layers on the card will be matted with white except the focal image which will be matted with kraft. Every time she makes a card like that I stop and say - "I love that!" So I've used that "formula" on my cards now and again and really like the look. It's fun to learn and grow ... and use your MFT supplies! I hate to buy something and never use it, and this way my MFT supplies never get lonely!!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
The MFT Lady and ayajudaheli like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 553
Default

I've managed to get a card done every week this year - hope to keep it up!
__________________
Jacquie
What did I do today? (my blog)
Jacquie J is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
strappystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 10,730
Default

You GO, Becky!! I have gotten so far away from the sketches!!! Need to get back to it!!
strappystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #12
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
strappystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 10,730
Default

Tricia, you just made my day!! It makes my heart happy to know I inspire you!! Thank you!

OH, and I agree that you can only get better with practice. The more you stamp, the better you'll get!
strappystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl and T. Joy like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #13
Splitcoast Member Company
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 12,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm Tricia and I think I'm on my 83rd consecutive challenge... or so! And - yes - definitely I think it makes you a better stamper, Signe! I've watched the DT's work over the past few years and picked out a couple of them that I just *love* their style. Then I try to pick apart their cards in my mind and use some of their design tricks on my own cards. For example... Jackie Pedro will often use a kraft background, then a piece of dp layered on white. All of the layers on the card will be matted with white except the focal image which will be matted with kraft. Every time she makes a card like that I stop and say - "I love that!" So I've used that "formula" on my cards now and again and really like the look. It's fun to learn and grow ... and use your MFT supplies! I hate to buy something and never use it, and this way my MFT supplies never get lonely!!
Tricia, you are always so genuine and caring, and it really makes me smile each time I read a post from you. You are just such a sweetheart!
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
texasjodylynn and T. Joy like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibs View Post
Becky,

That is awesome that you have done every Weekly Stamp Club challenge for 2 1/4 years! It is also a really great idea to have Club 52 to keep you motivated!

Tell me, do you feel that your card-making ability has improved over the 2 1/4 years you've geen doing the weekly challenge?

Signe
I've been stamping for over 10 years, so I don't think my ability has improved per se, but I my style has evolved a bit. I am predominantly a clean and simple kinda girl, so the first year I did WSC was HARD, lol! I had a few PI's and some dies, and it was fun to see how many different ways I could use them. So I am a happy girl these days with all the solid image stamps and versatile sentiments available from MFT.
I love how Inge layers stuff without matting every layer, and Lisa H always does things with her finishing details that I never would think of. So the DT has inspired me in different ways to try new things within my style.
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie J View Post
I've managed to get a card done every week this year - hope to keep it up!
Awesome, you can do it!
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strappystamper View Post
Tricia, you just made my day!! It makes my heart happy to know I inspire you!! Thank you!

OH, and I agree that you can only get better with practice. The more you stamp, the better you'll get!
Absolutely. I used to teach monthly classes and my customers always asked why (in their eyes) I was so good. Told them that I practice it almost every day (or I used to )! Even now if I go too long without stamping, that first time back I sit there stumped.
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

And I am liking the "like" button a little too much, lol!
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabatgirl View Post
And I am liking the "like" button a little too much, lol!
LOL! I am FaceBook illiterate, so I guess I don't know the "significance" of the like button. Does it just mean that I like what someone said? Or does it do something special?? I *like* you all!!

signed,

Faceless on Facebook
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MFT Lady View Post
Tricia, you are always so genuine and caring, and it really makes me smile each time I read a post from you. You are just such a sweetheart!
Bless your heart, Kim!!!

You brought a smile to my face,
With kind words such as those!
It's fun to spread a little joy
When my heart overflows!!

I have so much for which to say
"Thank you" along the way,
So passing on a hug or smile,
Really makes my day!!

I have wonderful stamping friends!!!!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl and bpnaz like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
LOL! I am FaceBook illiterate, so I guess I don't know the "significance" of the like button. Does it just mean that I like what someone said? Or does it do something special?? I *like* you all!!

signed,

Faceless on Facebook
Lol, it just means you like what they said! It's faster and easier than quoting and adding ditto
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabatgirl View Post
Lol, it just means you like what they said! It's faster and easier than quoting and adding ditto
Ah hah! My Facebook knowledge has just increased 100%!! It's amazing what new things you can discover in a stamping thread!! LOL!!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #22
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strappystamper View Post
Tricia, you just made my day!! It makes my heart happy to know I inspire you!! Thank you!
Oh my, Jackie! You have no idea! There was one day I sat there for hours picking apart your cards to find out the secret. I love learning from the DT when they aren't looking!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast
 
tweetybugshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grandview, wa
Posts: 18,605
Default

hey this will be my first year attempting to get them all done. i been an avid particpant but have never completed all of them. I gotten them all done so far so hopefully i can keep it up.
__________________
jan farnworth
my blog
[url]http://tweetybugshouse.wordpress.com
Flutter By Wednesday
tweetybugshouse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lisahenke and stinkincute like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #24
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
texasjodylynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida - MFT Land
Posts: 39,367
Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabatgirl View Post
Lol, it just means you like what they said! It's faster and easier than quoting and adding ditto
Thanks for pointing it out. I LOVE the like button. LOL
__________________
Jody
My Blog: Confessions of a Ribbon Addict
I LOVE MFT! :)
texasjodylynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
texasjodylynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida - MFT Land
Posts: 39,367
Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybugshouse View Post
hey this will be my first year attempting to get them all done. i been an avid particpant but have never completed all of them. I gotten them all done so far so hopefully i can keep it up.
Good luck! You can do it.
__________________
Jody
My Blog: Confessions of a Ribbon Addict
I LOVE MFT! :)
texasjodylynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
Stampin' Fool
 
teegee7617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybugshouse View Post
hey this will be my first year attempting to get them all done. i been an avid particpant but have never completed all of them. I gotten them all done so far so hopefully i can keep it up.
Me too! Last year, I finished 3. In my defense, my ex & I split up in fall of 2011, and I moved in December 2011, so much of 2012 was getting my (much smaller) craft room set up in my new place. That took a looooong time. Much longer than I would have expected. And then add in an unexpected puppy into the mix...(My poor beautiful new purple craft room rug. )

Aaanyway... One of my goals for this year is to complete all 52. So far so good. I stayed up a little late last night to finish this week's card so I could upload it this morning before work.

We can do this!
__________________
Kirsty

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
teegee7617 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
StampOwl and texasjodylynn like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #27
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
lisahenke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 18,044
Default

so happy to hear you gals, stamping. The WSC sketches are a GREAT.
Becky, I love that you started this thread. it'll be fun to pop in and see who else is keeping up. Always good to have a goal
lisahenke is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #28
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
lisahenke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 18,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegee7617 View Post
Me too! Last year, I finished 3. In my defense, my ex & I split up in fall of 2011, and I moved in December 2011, so much of 2012 was getting my (much smaller) craft room set up in my new place. That took a looooong time. Much longer than I would have expected. And then add in an unexpected puppy into the mix...(My poor beautiful new purple craft room rug. )

Aaanyway... One of my goals for this year is to complete all 52. So far so good. I stayed up a little late last night to finish this week's card so I could upload it this morning before work.

We can do this!
You can do it!!! good luck
lisahenke is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
lisahenke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 18,044
Default

omg! I just noticed the little "like button" on SCS, now. how cool! how long has this been around?
lisahenke is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
tweetybugshouse likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast
 
tweetybugshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grandview, wa
Posts: 18,605
Default

i only noticed it cause you mentioned ha ha
__________________
jan farnworth
my blog
[url]http://tweetybugshouse.wordpress.com
Flutter By Wednesday
tweetybugshouse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast
 
tweetybugshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grandview, wa
Posts: 18,605
Default

i am taking off for my churches womens retreat this weekend so i am hoping to get to the new sketch tomorrow. i have one more required design card to get done for next week so i think i be able to do it. just got to get movitated to pick out stamps and paper.
__________________
jan farnworth
my blog
[url]http://tweetybugshouse.wordpress.com
Flutter By Wednesday
tweetybugshouse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #32
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegee7617 View Post
Me too! Last year, I finished 3. In my defense, my ex & I split up in fall of 2011, and I moved in December 2011, so much of 2012 was getting my (much smaller) craft room set up in my new place. That took a looooong time. Much longer than I would have expected. And then add in an unexpected puppy into the mix...(My poor beautiful new purple craft room rug. )

Aaanyway... One of my goals for this year is to complete all 52. So far so good. I stayed up a little late last night to finish this week's card so I could upload it this morning before work.

We can do this!
Hmmm... puppies alone are life altering. It took me about two years to recover from our LAST puppy. She's three now and has quite an attitude. Maybe it's cuz she was born on April Fools day. She's in my avatar!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
teegee7617 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybugshouse View Post
i am taking off for my churches womens retreat this weekend so i am hoping to get to the new sketch tomorrow. i have one more required design card to get done for next week so i think i be able to do it. just got to get movitated to pick out stamps and paper.
Ooo - have fun on your retreat! I hope you have a relaxing and refreshing weekend!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

I made two cards with this week's sketch. Loved the second one, but the first one not so much. Does anyone in the RAK group like lots of pink??? Maybe I'll send it on anonymously.
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
Stamping is a Hoot!
 
StampOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: downunder in Australia
Posts: 36,331
Default

What a fun thread!!!!! So glad so many of you are attempting to complete all 52 sketches for 2013 and congrats to those who completed them all last year.

I always look forward to seeing how everyone interprets the sketch each week
__________________
Frances aka StampOwl
My Blog: StampOwl's Studio

I Design for Riley and Company and Cornish Heritage Farms
StampOwl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #36
Gabfest Goddess
 
beccabatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahenke View Post
omg! I just noticed the little "like button" on SCS, now. how cool! how long has this been around?
I noticed it about the time I started this thread!
__________________
Becky
SFYTT Sister
MFT Club 52
beccabatgirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
Mad Swapper
 
StickUps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 1,774
Default

Hey all - just popping in to see how everyone is doing. All of you going 52+ straight are such an inspiration. I love the sketches. Starting a card from just a blank canvas is just too overwhelming and the sketches give me such a great starting point. And, they're such great sketches! Good luck everyone! I'll be watching.
__________________
My SCS Gallery
My blog: Catered Crop
Proud Fan Club Member
StickUps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #38
Stampin' Fool
 
teegee7617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
Hmmm... puppies alone are life altering. It took me about two years to recover from our LAST puppy. She's three now and has quite an attitude. Maybe it's cuz she was born on April Fools day. She's in my avatar!
And not just a puppy, a beagle puppy. She really is so sweet and so cute. But pretty much pure evil. LOL My housemate found her by the side of the road popping her head out of a ditch. The vet said she was 3.5 pounds and just barely 6 weeks. I've attached a pic of her from the first day we found her. How could you say no to that? Now she is 35 pounds of sass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0657.jpg (36.5 KB, 18 views)
__________________
Kirsty

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
teegee7617 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
texasjodylynn and T. Joy like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #39
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegee7617 View Post
And not just a puppy, a beagle puppy. She really is so sweet and so cute. But pretty much pure evil. LOL My housemate found her by the side of the road popping her head out of a ditch. The vet said she was 3.5 pounds and just barely 6 weeks. I've attached a pic of her from the first day we found her. How could you say no to that? Now she is 35 pounds of sass.
AWWWWWWWWW.... what a precious puppy!! We had a beagle named Tory when I was a little little girl. Nasty doggy. All I remember about it was that it bit me when I was trying to give it a treat. Although in retrospect, maybe it was just snatching it and caught my finger... We'll pretend that was it and clear the poor puppy's name!!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #40
Stampin' Fool
 
teegee7617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
AWWWWWWWWW.... what a precious puppy!! We had a beagle named Tory when I was a little little girl. Nasty doggy. All I remember about it was that it bit me when I was trying to give it a treat. Although in retrospect, maybe it was just snatching it and caught my finger... We'll pretend that was it and clear the poor puppy's name!!
I will say that is one thing she is good about. Once you remind her she needs to sit, she sits very pretty and takes the treat very gently from your hand. Everything else, I try to remind myself that she is only 10 months old. Patience...
__________________
Kirsty

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
teegee7617 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off