Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree365Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #161
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegee7617 View Post
Well, I'm perfectly ok with that theory. Besides, it's not just the shopping, then it's the unloading the bags & putting new toys away that goes along with the shopping...

However, that still doesn't get me any progress on the WSC sketches.
Maybe some new products from the new release will help get you back on track... (Just being helpful, you know! )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #162
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
I absolutely agree.

btw, awesome card, Tricia, on today's mft e mail. That IS your card from last week's sketch, right?
{Blushing} Awww! What a sweet thing to say! I really, really like that Wildflower set. It's easy to work with!!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #163
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
Maybe some new products from the new release will help get you back on track... (Just being helpful, you know! )
But of course, that's a given! I absolutely need things from the new release for inspiration.

I also apparently need white file cabinets to inspire creativity since I spent my lunch hour googling & pinning metal file cabinet refinishing tips. Because nothing will help my productivity like tearing the 4 small file cabinets out from under my desk so I can paint them. In the craft room that I *just* got set up last year.

I may go the quick & easier route and try white contact paper first. That wouldn't require me to dismantle the whole room.

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
cveneruso likes this post.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #164
Glitter Guru

Quote:
But of course, that's a given! I absolutely need things from the new release for inspiration.

I also apparently need white file cabinets to inspire creativity since I spent my lunch hour googling & pinning metal file cabinet refinishing tips. Because nothing will help my productivity like tearing the 4 small file cabinets out from under my desk so I can paint them. In the craft room that I *just* got set up last year.

I may go the quick & easier route and try white contact paper first. That wouldn't require me to dismantle the whole room.
LOL! Go for it! But not until you do this week's sketch!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #165
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
LOL! Go for it! But not until you do this week's sketch!
Yes ma'am.

My Etsy
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #166
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
{Blushing} Awww! What a sweet thing to say! I really, really like that Wildflower set. It's easy to work with!!
I agree with Brenda. That was a great card!

My Etsy
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #167
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Yes ma'am.
LOL! Snort!! Just call me the MFT Sketch police!!
texasjodylynn likes this post.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #168
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I agree with Brenda. That was a great card!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #169
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Hey! I just finished this week's sketch, in less than 45", and will upload it Friday night for one of the vsn challenges. Feelin' smug.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #170
Gabfest Goddess

I'm joining the "in a funk" group too. I did stamp a little bit Sunday because I HAD to get a teacher gift done. I'm at least 4 sketches behind. Maybe this new release will inspire me. Love the butterflies! It's one of the holes in my collection.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #171
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
Hey! I just finished this week's sketch, in less than 45", and will upload it Friday night for one of the vsn challenges. Feelin' smug.
Hmmm... perhaps I should get off the computer and stop chatting so much and go do the sketch myself. Or perhaps I should go clean my stamping desk so I could find a place to make a card!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #172
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn

Quote:
Ha! Let's see, my purchases are: gelatos, molding paste, fiber paste, spray fixative, Tim Holtz tissue wrap, Martha Stewart pearl paints. And I'm sure some other things that have slipped my mind. Oh, and some mini-mister bottles. Actually, the gelatos I ordered from Amazon and should be delivered today. And of that list, only the tissue wrap was on my list prior to the retreat.

What mixed media paper did you get?

I just googled the Inka Gold, I'm intrigued. Does it stay dimensional like the modeling paste? Is it sort of a pre-colored modeling paste? I know you can tint the modeling paste yourself, but I would imagine that you can't put too, too much color in without changing properties.
Nice. I skipped the fiber paste last time, but may get it next time. I also got the tim tissue and some cool other stuff that I am not sure what it is, but it is in the same kind of container.

I got Strathmore Mixed Media paper (vellum surface). It's what I used for my card today. I got a 6" X 8" pad of 15 sheets for $4.99 I believe. It's really thick and stands up to all the mixed media "abuse". LOL I like. It was an impulse purchase. (Michaels)

I don't know if you can use the Inka Gold with stencils. The directions say to rub on and buff. I rubbed them on the Leaf-Filled Flourishes on the card on my blog today (attached). It has a really nice and opaque color. It's a little "spongy" and you don't get all that much for $8. I don't *think* it's dimensional, but if you get some and try it, LMK. They had 6 colors at Michaels. I got silver and gold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09320.jpg (71.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #173
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
So exactly when was your "funk"? The card for today was A-MA-ZING!!!!
Thank you! I stamped ahead, so that was pre-funk.

I cannot wait until my post goes live on Sunday. I made a mixed media canvas that I really love. I hope it mixed media inspires you.
lisahenke likes this post.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #174
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Well, I'm perfectly ok with that theory. Besides, it's not just the shopping, then it's the unloading the bags & putting new toys away that goes along with the shopping...

However, that still doesn't get me any progress on the WSC sketches.
LOL! I didn't put away any of my new toys. They are sitting all over my desk(s) amidst a sea of other "junk". ACK I need a crafty room maid. LOL This place is a MESS.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #175
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjodylynn View Post
Thank you! I stamped ahead, so that was pre-funk.

I cannot wait until my post goes live on Sunday. I made a mixed media canvas that I really love. I hope it mixed media inspires you.
Oooo - can't wait to see it!! But if I get any more inspired mixed-media-ish I'll waste... err... spend my $$ at Michaels and I won't be able to buy any of the new (and not so new!) MFT goodies I want!! And my wish list is SOOOOOOOO long!! So I'm putting blinders on... seee??? ----->
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #176
Glitter Guru

Quote:
LOL! I didn't put away any of my new toys. They are sitting all over my desk(s) amidst a sea of other "junk". ACK I need a crafty room maid. LOL This place is a MESS.
LOL!! I think it took two full days for me to clean up my mess after the last release! I kept working in a smaller and smaller space until finally I was working on top of things. If messiness is truly a sign of creativity, I must be a true artist! That being said I'd love to come and help you clean up... cuz I'll bet your desk has some things on it for the NEXT release, too!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #177
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
LOL!! I think it took two full days for me to clean up my mess after the last release! I kept working in a smaller and smaller space until finally I was working on top of things. If messiness is truly a sign of creativity, I must be a true artist! That being said I'd love to come and help you clean up... cuz I'll bet your desk has some things on it for the NEXT release, too!!!
LOL! You would be correct.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #178
Glitter Guru

Quote:
LOL! You would be correct.
Consider me your maid! I'll even wipe up after myself if I drool on the product. Don't bother to thank me. I'm nice like that.
texasjodylynn likes this post.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #179
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Nice. I skipped the fiber paste last time, but may get it next time. I also got the tim tissue and some cool other stuff that I am not sure what it is, but it is in the same kind of container.

I got Strathmore Mixed Media paper (vellum surface). It's what I used for my card today. I got a 6" X 8" pad of 15 sheets for $4.99 I believe. It's really thick and stands up to all the mixed media "abuse". LOL I like. It was an impulse purchase. (Michaels)

I don't know if you can use the Inka Gold with stencils. The directions say to rub on and buff. I rubbed them on the Leaf-Filled Flourishes on the card on my blog today (attached). It has a really nice and opaque color. It's a little "spongy" and you don't get all that much for $8. I don't *think* it's dimensional, but if you get some and try it, LMK. They had 6 colors at Michaels. I got silver and gold.
OK, I think I understand. More like a sort of waxy glaze. I see you can still see the embossing on the leaves, so it must not fill in. I might have to get some & try it out. Thanks for explaining that!

Oh hey, I just realized that the nursing home my concert is in tonight is right across from a shopping plaza with Hobby Lobby. Bonus!

My Etsy
Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #180
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Many years ago, one of the offices where I worked had their file cabinets painted so they'd all be the same color. It was done by professionals and I think it was an electrostatic paint job. Within a couple months there were chips and nicks on them. Maybe the paints have changed since then, maybe Krylon would be good enough and maybe those cabinets were used more frequently, don't know but in the way back painting was not such a good thing.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #181
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabatgirl View Post
I'm joining the "in a funk" group too. I did stamp a little bit Sunday because I HAD to get a teacher gift done. I'm at least 4 sketches behind. Maybe this new release will inspire me. Love the butterflies! It's one of the holes in my collection.
I was doing OK mood wise till this morning. the dog went thru his first chemo treatment last Friday with no bad side effects. this morning he didn't want to get up to go out - but it was pouring so I thought it was the rain but when he finally did get up he was limping. I had to carry his big butt to the car to get him to the vet and carry him home too. So he's back onto antibiotics and pain killers. Funny thing, he takes the same pain killers my husband gets for his arthritis.
So pooch is moping and I feel funky too. I have two cards I have to do for my DT and I have no will to go craft. I was checking e-mails otherwise and that's what got me here.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #182
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
I was doing OK mood wise till this morning. the dog went thru his first chemo treatment last Friday with no bad side effects. this morning he didn't want to get up to go out - but it was pouring so I thought it was the rain but when he finally did get up he was limping. I had to carry his big butt to the car to get him to the vet and carry him home too. So he's back onto antibiotics and pain killers. Funny thing, he takes the same pain killers my husband gets for his arthritis.
So pooch is moping and I feel funky too. I have two cards I have to do for my DT and I have no will to go craft. I was checking e-mails otherwise and that's what got me here.
I'm so sorry, Chris! But we're glad you ended up here. We will cheer you on. Go Chris! Go Chris!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #183
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm so sorry, Chris. I hope things look up for your pup. You're a good "momma".
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #184
Watercolor Wizard

thanks for cheer. I need it.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #185
Stampin' Fool

I'm sorry Chris. It's so hard when our critters are hurting & we can't fix it. I hope you can distract yourself with a little crafty time.

My Etsy
Old 06-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #186
Stampin' Fool

Tricia! I see your card for this week made it into the Fav Finds! Good Job! (And great card too!)

My Etsy
Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #187
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Tricia! I see your card for this week made it into the Fav Finds! Good Job! (And great card too!)
Thanks, Kirsty! I felt honored!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #188
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Thanks, Kirsty! I felt honored!!!!
LOL I know. I've only made it to the Fav Finds a few times, but each time it's been "ZOMG! Really? Yay!"

My Etsy
Old 06-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #189

Here's the sample card for my water challenge at vsn, which is live right now. VSN is a great chance to show off our mft goodies. Come join the fun with some quick cards!

JUN13VSNM sprinkled with fun by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #190
Stampin' Fool

The universe is plotting against me! I finished #127 for this week! On time & everything. And I can't upload my card. I'll try again tomorrow morning. I also finally have 121 & 123 ready to upload. *sigh* But that means that I only have to get 122, 124 & 126 done. And I have an idea for 126, we'll see if it works out or not.

G'nite ladies! 5:45 comes around way too early.

My Etsy
Old 06-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #191
Glitter Guru

Quote:
The universe is plotting against me! I finished #127 for this week! On time & everything. And I can't upload my card. I'll try again tomorrow morning. I also finally have 121 & 123 ready to upload. *sigh* But that means that I only have to get 122, 124 & 126 done. And I have an idea for 126, we'll see if it works out or not.

G'nite ladies! 5:45 comes around way too early.
Great job, Kirsty!!! Keep it up!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #192
Stampin' Fool

OK, I managed to get those three uploaded before work this morning. So I am current for this week and only have 3 to make up. Woohoo!

My Etsy
Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #193
Gabfest Goddess

Chris, hope things are looking up for your pup. (((hugs)))
Great job Kirsty! I'm still oodles behind, between end of year teacher gifts, graduation, and father's day cards. Maybe next week I can start catching up. Work's been scheduling me more than usual and that just takes away all my stamping want-to. And my son is on summer vacation. Sigh.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #194

Hey! I uploaded two very old sketches for today's color challenge. My goal-- Get 'em done...
Old 06-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #195
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
OK, I managed to get those three uploaded before work this morning. So I am current for this week and only have 3 to make up. Woohoo!
WOW! You're doing really good. and you uploaded in the morning! I could never go online before going to work cause I'd loose track of time and not show up for work and that would just set off a whole lot of problems.

I thought I was doing good with catching up but I've still got 8 to go and this week's. I guess that's not too bad.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #196
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Chris, hope things are looking up for your pup. (((hugs)))
Great job Kirsty! I'm still oodles behind, between end of year teacher gifts, graduation, and father's day cards. Maybe next week I can start catching up. Work's been scheduling me more than usual and that just takes away all my stamping want-to. And my son is on summer vacation. Sigh.
Hi Becky, Bill (the dog) is doing OK. he had a rough patch last week but seems to be doing better. He's not as playful as he used to be but he's still got an appetite and I think that's a good sign.
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #197
Gabfest Goddess

I am almost caught up. Just have #127 to do. Now on to the uploading marathon!
texasjodylynn and lisahenke like this post.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #198
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I am almost caught up. Just have #127 to do. Now on to the uploading marathon!
I am soooo jealous. I got happy mail from MFT today so maybe I'll get my new butterflies inky this weekend.
beccabatgirl likes this post.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #199
Stampin' Fool

Great job, Becky! I have a few hours free today, so I need to sit down & get inky.

Chris, I'm glad to hear that your pup is more comfortable this week.

My package shows "out for delivery" right now. C'mon Mr. FedEx dude! I want my new toys. Tick tock, tick tock! (Have I mentioned that patience is not my strong suit?)

My Etsy
beccabatgirl, lisahenke and cveneruso like this post.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

just got this week done i used pure innoence magic this time.
Flutter By Wednesday