Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mix-Ability Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/)
-   -   Mix8 - Rip It, Paste It, Ink It! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/mix8-rip-paste-ink-t570326.html)

true-2-you 03-17-2013 02:10 PM

Mix8 - Rip It, Paste It, Ink It!

7 Attachment(s)

Challenge Title: Rip It, Paste It, Ink It!
Hostess: true-2-you aka Trudy
Keyword: Mix8

Hi Everyone!
I am super excited because this is my very first time to hostess a SCS challenge!

The Mix-Ability challenges are a lot fun. I challenge you to play along and learn some new techniques using mixed mediums. Many of which most of us already have on hand.

We all have little pieces of designer paper that usually end up setting on our work space because we just know we will use them on something. Weeks later, they go into the trash.

Today's challenge lets you put some of them into good use.
Simply create a background by tearing scrap pieces of designer paper into little pieces, adhering them to heavy cardstock, canvas, or other surfaces, then add ink to tie them all together.

You can use coordinating colors or get wild and use an assortment of colors or patterns that you would not normally pair together. Another idea is to pull scraps from your waste basket and use whatever you come up with no matter how odd the combination. :)

Use whatever you have on hand to paste your torn pieces to your cardstock.
It can be:
-Mod-podge
-thinned down white glue
-glue stick, etc.

To add the ink portion of this challenge, you can use:
-ink pads
-mists
-re-inkers
-markers, etc.

You can ink across the entire piece, just hit the edges, add splatters, or whatever your little heart desires.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the different interpretations of this challenge.

Please don't feel that you are limited to creating cards. If you would prefer to do an ATC (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 artists trading cards), altered art piece, journal, or canvas, feel free to let your creative juices flow! :).

Please remember to put in the correct keyword ( Mix8 ) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. Then come back to this thread and paste a link to your project in your gallery so we can all come check it out.

Here is my "Art Gives Your Heart Wings ATC .

A couple of my friends created beautiful cards to help show this technique as well.
AllieGower's Mixed Media card.
Dini's "Let Go of Fear" card.
Jeanne's "Everything"

VIEW ALL THE ENTRIES FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

I really hope you will play along with my very first challenge!

Ready? Set. Rip! :)

Jeanne S 03-21-2013 08:49 PM

Here's mine:
MIX8 Everything by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and a closer look at the background:
MIX8 Everything (background) by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

dini 03-21-2013 08:59 PM

Here's a link to my card, and then a detail of the texture after I embossed the background panel.

MIX8 - Let Go of Fear by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX8 - Let Go of Fear Detail by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan 03-21-2013 09:02 PM

Thanks Trudy for a fun challenge!! Here´s mine;

Contrasts

TFL!
Birgit

happigirlcorgi 03-21-2013 09:03 PM

I can't wait to get started. You are hysterical, "Weeks later, they go into the trash."

Buahahahahaha! Not in my room!

:) Great way to use scraps.

Cook22 03-21-2013 11:12 PM

Cool - sounds something like serendipity squares, a technique I've loved for years. And I'm back home again - this week I should be able to play along. Thanks, Trudy.

dizzymommie 03-22-2013 01:12 AM

This was a great challenge, Trudy! I pulled from my paper stash and there is still plenty more to rip and use! Here's my card...

Hello ~ Mix8

gwendolyn46 03-22-2013 05:41 AM

Hoping to play along today, love all the great art in the gallery! This technique gives an amazing background to everyone's focal images!

peeps321 03-22-2013 07:37 AM

Another fun and messy challenge..thanks Trudy! Here's mine:

Shades of Purple

mamaxsix 03-22-2013 09:02 AM

Got a bit too messy with this one and sort of lost the bg in all of it. I hope to go back and have a do-over at some point. Rip It Paste It Ink It Mix It-GO!

Rachelrose 03-22-2013 11:02 AM

This was unbelievably FUN! Here's mine:

All That We Love

Now to go an have a look at all the others!

Greywolf 03-22-2013 12:12 PM

Oh, now where is Crafty Julia? I think she would love this challenge.

As for me, I have tons of scraps and try to use them often rather than cut up a new piece of paper. Of course, if I use a 5" square piece of scrap, then I still end up with little bits of scrap, so the stash doesn't seem to decrease. My friend Sue and I challenge each other about how small a scrap piece has to be before we throw it away. We do keep inch size pieces, 1/4 inch strips, and sometimes the little shapes left over from punches and die cuts.

Now to see if I can make something for this challenge. Be back later.

Rachelrose 03-22-2013 12:27 PM

Trudy, was Mix8 for today's challenge? (Your post date of 3/17 has me confused) So a new one next Friday? I look forward to it.

Greywolf 03-22-2013 02:05 PM

Yippee! I think this is the first Mixability challenge that I actually completed on Friday. This was a great challenge Trudy - not too messy.

Scrappy Mix 8

Greywolf 03-22-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelrose (Post 20073777)
Trudy, was Mix8 for today's challenge? (Your post date of 3/17 has me confused) So a new one next Friday? I look forward to it.

Yes, Rachel - Mix8 was for today. Trudy probably had her posted typed and ready to "go live" a few days early. I hope you get a chance to play in this challenge. It was fun.

mamaxsix 03-22-2013 02:21 PM

Much happier with my 2nd attempt: Rip It Re-Mix

ckbythesea 03-22-2013 06:48 PM

Fun way to use a scrap of dp!! Thanks for another fun challenge. :)

MIX8 A Fitting Mix by ckbythesea - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gwendolyn46 03-22-2013 07:40 PM

Here is my BIRTHDAY FRIEND card.

lacyquilter 03-22-2013 08:38 PM

Here's my 5 challenge card: just because.

yellowrose46 03-23-2013 09:14 AM

I had so much fun doing this and I liked the result so well, that I did not want to cover it up. It's a great way to use up those little bits and pieces!
Mix8 fun! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jmasse 03-23-2013 10:43 AM

Ooooohhh!! YEA!! All your samples are beautiful and such a fun challenge!! I've been doing a lot of this lately for a mixed media class I'm taking! We've been using them as backgrounds for painting girls. I'm excited to make more and try a card . . .or maybe a canvas, we'll see! :)

jodylb 03-23-2013 12:31 PM

Here's mine:

Rip Stick Birthday by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MackieMade 03-24-2013 01:02 PM

Mix 8

I am a newbie with mixed media and I am falling in love with it!
I am so glad you now have this challenge!!! Lots of inspiration!

Here is my card

Joann6274 03-25-2013 01:19 AM

NEED HELP

1 Attachment(s)
I have no clue why my tag is not posting to the challenge post but if someone would please upload it? Here it is...

Shadow's Mom 03-25-2013 12:26 PM

Fun challenge, Trudy! Thanks!

Here's my Ripped, Pasted, Inked Birthday

marney 03-25-2013 03:46 PM

I have not been keeping up with all the cards that have been coming in.... I really like too.. so very interesting.. Will try to do better.. They are all so nice.

StampinAK 03-26-2013 08:35 PM

Fun challenge, Trudy! Such a simple technique with a huge possibility of variety.
Here's mine: MIX8 Monochromatic Father's Day by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

marney 03-27-2013 03:51 PM

Finally got a card made. My picture is not very good as it is hard to see the various papers used.... Was fun to do.....

Tiny Flowers by marney - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pbvkt 03-29-2013 10:28 AM

My first challenge in over a year! I had fun, thanks!
Ripped It to Recover It

susie nelson 04-01-2013 03:53 PM

I'm a little late with this challenge, but I just had to share. This was a new experience for me and I'm glad you challenged me to do this.

CCREW0313CF, MIX8 - Everything Fan Fair by susie nelson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking.

KelliJo 04-25-2013 04:31 PM

Here is mine:

Rip it~KelliJo

simplybeautiful 05-21-2013 08:50 PM

Here are my Ripped Lady Bugs

TMaja 07-01-2013 09:25 AM

Just what I needed to reduce the amount of paper scraps :-)

Here's my art journal page with ripped paper as a background:

MIX8 Follow your Heart Art Journal Page by TMaja - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers