Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mix-Ability Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/)
-   -   MIX40 - Stick it to me, darling! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/mix40-stick-me-darling-t580258.html)

SweetMissDaisy 10-30-2013 09:35 PM

MIX40 - Stick it to me, darling!

4 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Stick it to me, darling!
Hostess: SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight)
Keyword: MIX40

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE

Ready for a new Mix-Ability challenge?!! We hope you're having fun with these! Our goal is to make mixed media, easy, approachable and FUN! We want to convince you that no matter what your style is - you can DO it!

As a NEW Mix-Ability hostess, I wanted to ease my way in with something near and dear -- GLITTER!
This week's challenge is to use a sticky medium to adhere glitter to your project. Use a liquid, spray, or tape adhesive, and of course GLITTER!!

My Card: Holly Snowman

Remember to use the keyword MIX40 when uploading your creations to the gallery, come back and post a link, and let us "ooooooh" and "ahhhhhh" over your GLITTERY works of art!

Here are some samples to inspire you!

Jeanne S 10-31-2013 09:33 PM

Great challenge Anna!

Here's mine!
MIX40 Winter by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 10-31-2013 11:13 PM

Welcome as a new hostess, Anna. You and glitter, what a surprise, LOL.
A spray - that's an interesting idea. I wonder could I spray spraymount through a disposable stencil....I'll be back after work for this fun challenge.

Biggan 11-01-2013 03:22 AM

Thanks Anna for the challenge! Lovely cards with glitter!

Here´s mine;

Silver

TFL!
Birgit

hobbydujour 11-01-2013 04:30 AM

I have a very fine smattering of glitter. The acrylic paint helped make it stick....nothing worse than opening an envelope and have a cascade of glitter falling to the floor....out with the vacuum. Thanks for the challenge.

PEAR

jdmommy 11-01-2013 06:11 AM

I hope glitter glue counts!!

Here's mine: Frosty and Cold

Clownmom 11-01-2013 07:24 AM

I've decided to give the Mix-Ability challenges a go. I never really think about mixed media, but I guess a lot of our creations really are "mixed media." Wouldn't you know, today's MIX challenge would be glitter, something of which I'm not particularly fond. But, I didn't want to turn back from my decision. Here's my card:

Glittery Fall Apples

Far North 11-01-2013 07:28 AM

I covered my embossed background with a thin coat of glitter...what sparkle

Here is my card. MIX40 Sparkling Season's Greetings

Thanks for the fun!

Scrapacat 11-01-2013 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Better late than never! Here's my sample using the herpes of the craft world. LOL! Don't forget, this challenge dovetails nicely with a couple of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges.

Sparkly Thanks

I used Versamark and Dazzling Diamonds to adhere my glitter to the center panel, then used the emboss resist technique to color it with Distress Ink. Fun challenge, Anna!

stampingwriter 11-01-2013 09:49 AM

Thanks for the challenge, Anna. It gave me the perfect opportunity to try something I'd been thinking about. Here's my glittery tree .

k dunbrook 11-01-2013 10:20 AM

fun...here is my card:

Over the Hills

Annie's Pantry 11-01-2013 12:14 PM

Even though you can't see all the detail on my card, I use three different glitter techniques.

Here is my card... Glittered Apples

smadson 11-01-2013 01:15 PM

Here is my card. You made me use two things that I have had in my stash several years and not used! :) Glue Pad and Copper Glitter! LOL
Also, was trying Gelli plate technique without the Gelli plate! LOL

Thank you

MariLynn 11-01-2013 01:35 PM

Welcome Anna. I am not much of a glitter person so this stretched me to use some. Here is my card:
MIX40 Glitter and Grapes by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Stamperrobin 11-01-2013 01:45 PM

Here is my card:
MIX40 CANDIED PEAR by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

BarbieP 11-01-2013 02:48 PM

Thanks for the fun challenge, Anna, my glitter shows up irl, but looks like fluff or fuzzy stuff in upload. It is a CASE of my own card I made yesterday. Here it is:

MIX40 - Santa's back in town by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

momof5sons 11-01-2013 03:08 PM

Such a perfect idea for Christmas cards...thanks Anna! here is my Nacho Gramma's Christmas card.

Cook22 11-02-2013 05:45 AM

MIX40 Sticky Tag

The spraymount needs refining but should work. Meantime I went back to the drawingboard and just used double-sided adhesive sheets :D.
Loose glitter all over now!!

StampinAK 11-02-2013 08:14 AM

I have combined the glittery challenge with an HYCCT challenge card. My chunky glitter was adhered with plain old glue.
HYCCT1330 and SC460 Sparkly Love You by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

kramomma 11-02-2013 09:20 AM

Question...for the glitter HYCCT card I used SU Sticky Tape and adhered it with Jazzy EP (still don't know what that is but it looked glittery to me so I used it!)...

Now I am wondering where do you buy glitter? Is glitter, well, just glitter? Or does it have to be craft glitter? When I was once looking for Stardust Pens I saw some glitter but didn't know if I needed special glitter for card making so I didn't buy any...

For this challenge I'm going to use Stickles since that is what I have (beside several colors of the EP) but some day when I go shopping again I would like to look for glitter...

Any suggestions?

Stamperrobin 11-02-2013 09:44 AM

there are dozens of glitters out there but all (as far as I know) will work for cards. The glue you use might be more important than the glitter. The best for glitter is one that dries absolutely clear or a double sided tape like Score Tape or Red Line tape is great for glitter. If you want to do whole big areas solid I would use the sheet type score tape (it is called something different but the same maker. Elizabeth Craft Designs sells a variety of sizes and her glitter is probably the best but on the expensive side. Hope this helps. :D

Glitter Goddess 11-02-2013 02:47 PM

This was a great challenge. I. LOVE. GLITTER. lol. I made this card for the TLC453 challenge to make a flip down card and loaded it up with glitter. Thanks!

Here's my ornament card:
cascading ornaments by Glitter Goddess - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampinAK 11-03-2013 07:04 PM

Here's another card for the glitter challenge:
HYCCT1331B and MIX40 Consider Yourself Hugged by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This time using Stickles!

SweetMissDaisy 11-03-2013 08:16 PM

Lovin' all the cards you've shared for the challenge so far! And thanks for the "welcome", ladies! I'm excited to be a new hostess for the MIX challenges!

StampinAK 11-03-2013 08:19 PM

Another card with Stickles:
CAS245 and MIX40 Dog-gone it! by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cammystamps 11-05-2013 01:36 PM

My first attempt at doing mixed media courtesy of HYCCT. I used red sticky stars for my glitters.

Mixed Irish Blessings

Thanks for looking!

gwendolyn46 11-06-2013 07:59 PM

Haven't played in awhile but life is slowing down a bit so I have time to play! Here is my glitter card:
BABY ARIA

marney 11-07-2013 01:46 PM

Well have tried to upload my card twice and it wont let me.. \likely because \I used a Butterfly that I have used on another card before... This card was entirely different but whatever.. Will wait for the next challenge.. Was fun to do... Loved the card that were posted.. sorry I did get to comment on many as was a busy week.

yellowrose46 11-07-2013 06:33 PM

Very late, but I beat the posting of this week's challenge!
Go Habs, Go! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jodylb 11-10-2013 08:48 AM

Here's mine - better late than never!

Merry Snowman by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers