Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mix-Ability Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/)
-   -   MIX24 - Napkin/Tissue Decoupage (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/mix24-napkin-tissue-decoupage-t575670.html)

true-2-you 07-11-2013 05:17 PM

MIX24 - Napkin/Tissue Decoupage

1 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Napkin/Tissue Decoupage
Hostess: true-2-you aka Trudy Sjolander
Keyword: MIX24

Hi everyone! I've been away for a bit with some major life changes and missed you all!

Welcome to another fun Mix-Ability challenge! Mixed media doesn't have to be hard. Don't let it intimidate you. Just get in there, take some artistic licence and have fun! This challenge was set up to show you just how simple and fun mixed media can be.

Don't limit yourself to just cards either. I personally have been doing ATC's (artist trading cards) so I can store them all together. Feel free to use whatever you like to create, be it cards, journals, picture frames, 3D alterables, etc. Let your imagination and craft mediums fly!

You know....lots of us drool over mixed media art. It's sure nothing to sneeze at for sure! :) :)
For my challenge, I would like to see you use tissue or designer napkins with a decoupage medium (I used Mod-Podge) to create your project.
Don't have designer napkins? You can do like my friend Dina did and use plain napkins (or paper towels or toilet paper) to create the texture then add inks or other coloring mediums. There are no hard set rules in ART!
*Hint* If you do use napkins, make sure to peel the layers apart and only use the top colored layer. Simply coat your project with decoupage, press on your napkin/tissue while the decoupage medium is still wet and either leave as is or scrunch it a bit for texture. You can even add multiple layers for interest. Add a final coat of decoupage, let dry, then continue to embellish to your little heart's content. :)

My card was extremely easy! I used a bright tie-died looking napkin that I found at Hobby Lobby, and a Stamper's Anonymous sentiment with embossing powder to create my ATC.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Please remember to enter the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. Then come back to this thread and paste a link to the card in your gallery so we can come check out your project and leave you some love.

Biggan 07-12-2013 03:01 AM

Thanks Trudy for a fun challenge! Your card is lovely!
Here´s mine;

Amazing

TFL!
Birgit

dini 07-12-2013 04:02 AM

Well, we missed ya!

Here is my card -
MIX24 - Tissue Texture by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
MIX24 - Tissue Texture Detail by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

true-2-you 07-12-2013 04:15 AM

Awe...missed you too! :)
Here's my Groovy ATC .
and another view .

Hugs!
True :D

Jeanne S 07-12-2013 04:41 AM

Here's mine:
MIX24 Ride Hard by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 07-12-2013 06:02 AM

I can only see Birgit's card in the MIX24 gallery...I can see the other cards listed in this thread if I click on them individually...is there a problem with the gallery??

catdidit 07-12-2013 07:38 AM

Oh how fun! Imma see if I can find my old napkins around here somewhere...lol! I need some of YOUR napkins Trudy! Those are AWEsome!

cullenwr 07-12-2013 08:41 AM

Welcome back, Trudy! What a fun challenge and a great way to use up those oddball napkins in our stash! Here's MY CARD.

peeps321 07-12-2013 10:22 AM

After some trial and error I came up with a bg I really like. Hope you do, too!

Tranquility

mamaxsix 07-12-2013 11:16 AM

My napkin reminds me of picnics! I have another card in mind that I may have time to get back to, but in the meantime here's my Picnic on my Mind

Precious Kitty 07-12-2013 11:40 AM

Here is my card:

MIX24: Glittered Tissue

Stamperrobin 07-12-2013 12:04 PM

MIX24 NAPKINS

Hi ladies, here is my card, well, a not card. I guess it would be a canvas of sorts. Anyway...
MIX24 NAPKINS by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
:D

MaryR917 07-12-2013 05:50 PM

thanks for a fun challenge Trudy-here are my 2 cards

~sing to the Lord~

~sing to the Lord (2)~

jodylb 07-13-2013 01:18 PM

Here's mine. I love using napkins, paper towels and baby wipes in my projects. Thanks for a challenge right up my alley!

Live Laugh Love by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 07-15-2013 11:38 PM

MIX24 Butterfly Journey by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Better late than never, which was what it looked like being at one stage!

lorettagrace 07-16-2013 01:25 PM

So many gorgeous entries for this challenge! Couldn't resist playing along and I'm so glad I did because I've fallen in LOVE with this technique! The textures are so spectacular when you crinkle the napkins and sprinkle in some glitter while the Mod Podge is still wet. Too fun!

Be Unique by lorettagrace - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yellowrose46 07-23-2013 07:59 AM

12 days late! And this is not a very good example of a mixed media card. I love the picture on the napkin so much that I didn't want to play with it. So I just mod podged it to the cardstock, modpodged it again over top, sponged the edges and added a sentiment.
Vacation by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Toucan Scraps 07-25-2013 02:30 AM

tissue paper - shear genius thank you.

I've a large canvas painting in progress for a charity and need to have a silhouette figure across it. Was trying to think of a way to make it less boring than just a flat black image using very dark greys for definition, but I think texture will do it much better.

There's some tissue paper in this house somewhere, I know there is. ....

Toucan Scraps 07-26-2013 07:44 AM

that was so much fun, thank you for your help. I've uploaded to the gallery and I'll post my link after it's been approved.

Toucan Scraps 07-26-2013 07:52 AM

Here's my painting
Calla Canvas by Toucan Scraps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and here's a close up showing the texture created by using the tissue paper.
Calla Canvas - Close-up of the Tissue Texture by Toucan Scraps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you again, and bless you.