Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, here goes

I started crafting at the age of 9. It's always been my passion. I was a single teenage mom for many years until I met the man of my dreams. He has always encouraged me, and always cursed my "ROOM" I have never been the organized neat freak. I know I could accomplish ten times the work if I could actually get organized (couldn't we all?)
So, here's the deal. I need this more than anyone because my craft space has just been pretty much eliminated.

Wait, let me start at the beginning.....
After I met the man of my dreams, we were married and had two more wonderful boys. I was blessed to be a stay at home mom and my boys loved the new creations mommy would help them make. I convinced my husband to close off our two car garage and turn it into a daycare space so we could have a bit of an income while I stayed at home with the boys. This room has always been called the toy room. It's the best place for the boys to keep their toys and for mommy to craft, stamp and sew.
When my youngest turned three, we noticed something a bit different. He was healthy but he was small and he did strange things. His breathing was a bit off, he had so many different little habits at times I tought I would go crazy trying to keep him happy and comfortable. We finally decided it was time for him to see a pediatrician after he was having bowel issues. He was diagnosed with Tourrette Syndrome. No big deal, he's just got a wee bit of Obbsessive Compulsive Disorder with a bit of Hypersensitivity to fabrics, textures, foods etc. Time went on, Kai (my youngest) seemed happy and healthy. We adjusted to his needs. (OCD is hard to adjust to, for anyone who's wondering. Try taking someone with OCD to a restaraunt and have him not be able to wash his hands every time he touches food)
When he turned 5 things really started to change. His body started twisting and shaking. His head and neck seemed to have a mind of it's own. His arms would jerk. He poked himself with his dinner fork and decided it was easier to then eat with a plastic spoon. His body would move like someone with Parkinsons Disease. Back to the pediatrician. Yes, his tourrette's have worsened and will continue to do so as he grows. His poor little body is sore from the muscle spasms he endures on a daily basis. Oh and the kicker..... There's no medication for TS!!! Anything they can give him will either worsen his shaking or worsen his OCD.
So Kai is now six. We've just had another appointment with his pediatrician (we don't live close to any major towns so we drive every 6 weeks to see his doctor. It's a two hour drive there and two hours back) We have decided with information from his doctor that the best thing for him to help his body pain is to install a therapy pool in our home for him. So we hummed and thought about where we could possibly put something so large but so necassary. Oh crap, mommy's room!!! Not mommy's room!!!!! The toyroom is under renovation right now. We have been so blessed with the help of a stranger who gave us the therapy pool for $2500.00 instead of $5100.00. We found tile at a very reasonable cost and unfortunately we had to bump up our mortgage to do all this. But that's okay. I have started working at a daycare after school so the boys are still with me. I have almost eliminated all my crafting space and now have decided the kitchen table will have to do. Kai and his health is much more important to us. So my stamps are on the counter, my paper is wherever I can find the space to put it and my ink, well, I haven't found it yet. Maybe I can find it before Christmas so I can get some cards made.
So for anyone who's interested in checking out the video we made for Kai`s Doctor, please feel free to leave a comment.

http://www.youtube.com/user/taragrin.../0/H5oHz_melCY

I try to reply whenever I get the chance. I also delete all negative posts from there when I see them.
Here`s a link to my website as well. I try to add whenever I can www.mysparetime.ca
Thanks for letting me share a bit of my private life with you. I don`t want pity but I sure do want organization!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I`ll try to post a few pictures next week. Thanks for all who look here and reply.
Hugs and have a happy weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I`m off for the weekend. I do hope that if you read this you will post a reply to keep it close to the first page.
Happy thoughts everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

enjoy your weekend...are you going to go stamp in your camper...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Taragrin, thank you for allowing me to hear your story. That is alot to bear and certainly difficult to share with stangers. It is always inspiring to me when people can open their hearts and share. I did answer a note on my thread, then realized how much of a geek I am, and came back here to post my best wishes to you and get your page back on the front! I wish you good luck and true blessings not only in this contest but in your daily life. I wish you energy, courage, and patience, ....and a peaceful hour here and there to create!
-tania
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Cedargirl, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. It is hard to open up to strangers but it's also very freeing. I can spill my guts and not be judged. Well, i might be judged but i don't know any of you so it's okay. PS I love Kevin too (that's my husbands name too.lol.)
Stampbug... YES i did stamp in my camper (trailer) I had to get a jump on my halloween work for the school. I do many volunteer projects and love every minute of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

PS I am fairly new to this posting stuff. I'm more of a lurker. I'm so busy with the boys and school, I wish I could be here all the time. I do enjoy it.
Any questions????????????????????????????????????????? ? I'll be back tomorrow to answer.
Happy Sunday everyone.
Hugs
Tara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedargirlView Post
Hi Taragrin, thank you for allowing me to hear your story. That is alot to bear and certainly difficult to share with stangers. It is always inspiring to me when people can open their hearts and share. I did answer a note on my thread, then realized how much of a geek I am, and came back here to post my best wishes to you and get your page back on the front! I wish you good luck and true blessings not only in this contest but in your daily life. I wish you energy, courage, and patience, ....and a peaceful hour here and there to create!
-tania
OH Amen what sweet words...I wish you the same blessings in your life! Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for looking here guys. You're all so deserving of this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Here's hoping someone has a q uestion or comment for me today. I'll check back soon
Happy Tuesday everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I'll be back after I've done my work at the school. Happy to answer any questions anyone has for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Any questions for me?
Reply With Quote Likes