Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Spellbinder Magnetic die sheets

I recently purchased these sheets along with the case. I thought it'd be nice & handy for my dies. However, the magnetic sheets are curled and will not lay down flat, which presents a real problem for trying to store dies. In fact, pretty much impossible. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried using heavy books to flatten them out but nope, didn't work.

Surely someone out there has experienced the same problem and has figured out a solution?

Please and thank you.

Cindy in Boise
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have had the same problem and was so disappointed with it. I haven't come up with a solution, so I'm curious to see who has and what they did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have not used the Spellbinders ones BUT....I have gotten the rolled magnetic sheets from a craft store. Since they are rolled, they didn't lay flat once I cut them. I cut them into the sizes I need and put them on my fridge for a day or two and they lay flat afterwards!
I don't buy the rolled craft ones anymore for this reason alone. I stick with the vent covers found at Home Depot or Lowes. They are cheaper and then are flat!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Michelle mentioned putting them in the fridge .. my first thought was to heat them up LOL
Perhaps lay them out in the sun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

What a great idea and I had forgotten about the vent covers. Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I bought one of these kits today and am having the same problem - they won't lay flat! i tried reverse rolling them....maybe i will try the ones at lowes and cut them to fit...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Question

i reverse rolled them a few times and that seemed to help...i bought a pack of the vent covers - very easy to cut to whatever size you want, however, the magnets are pretty weak and easy for stuff to shift....i'm layering them in between the ones that come with the ArtBin kit...I also have a large case with magnetic folders and plastic pockets which are three hole punched - i believe it's from Quick Kutz - these magnetic sheets are very strong....i guess i will have dies in two places - inside the big Quickutz folder and in the plastic ArtBin case (spellbinders)

Just looked on the Archivers site and they don't even seem to carry the Quickutz case anymore - or the Epic Six diecutting machine that I have....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Found the case and accessories that I have - apparently QuicKutz is now Lifestyle Crafts....: L-ALL-IN-ONE: All-in-One Storage Binder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalcharmView Post
Michelle mentioned putting them in the fridge .. my first thought was to heat them up LOL
Perhaps lay them out in the sun?
I think she said "on" the fridge, as opposed to "in" it... I think she meant that she stuck them to the outside of the fridge so that the entire surface of the magnetic sheet would be in contact with a flat surface and "get used to" the idea...?

I use the vent covers, so they're flat when I get them and stay that way ;) I've been putting them in the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" page protectors in a small binder, and it works really well for me - I can just flip through quickly and find what I need.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Red face

I tried to stick mine to the fridge but they didn't stick - probably my stainless steel is some kind of composite metal....

funny....gregzgurl...i've been greg's girl since 1971 (junior year in high school) and my name is susan...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I think she said "on" the fridge, as opposed to "in" it... I think she meant that she stuck them to the outside of the fridge so that the entire surface of the magnetic sheet would be in contact with a flat surface and "get used to" the idea...?

I use the vent covers, so they're flat when I get them and stay that way ;) I've been putting them in the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" page protectors in a small binder, and it works really well for me - I can just flip through quickly and find what I need.
d'oh! Must read more closely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Default something new

I have the Art Bin case and have tried the reverse rolling and vent covers cut to size....but just discovered the EZ Magnetic 2-in-1 system at Crafters Companion - they are even punched for a three ring binder so you can buy their binders (which are great because they close and can be labeled and stacked on your shelves like books) or use them in the binder of your choice...nice and sturdy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like that ez magnetic system. I think I'm going to give them a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Arizona...what I like is that the surface is larger so you can fit more dies - and if you want you can put rubber stamps on the other side and that you can have a few of them sorted by category if you have that many (lol, not that any of us do but.....). Crafters Companion is a great source - I found them when I tried the Spectrum Noir markers. Have fun organizing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #15  
Inking Addict

I was at staples one day and found a 3-ring binder in 5x8 size. I found document protecter inserts that fit them perfectly. I bought these magnetic sheets that fit perfectly inside the document protectors. So, I put my spellbinders nestabilities on the magnet sheet, slid them into the document protector sleeve and then into the 3-ring binder. I can put all of my nestabilities into one binder -- and I have quite a few. The binder just stands up on my shelf. This worked easier for me than anything else I was able to find for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

Sounds like a good idea...I'm using something similar for my stamps - different size plastic pocket sheets inside a 3 ring binder...the binder is pretty full - i use dividers for the different categories, so it's easier to find what i have...

but i did buy one large and one small EZ mount stamp storage binders and i do love those too - just started using them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #17  
Glitter Queen

Where did you buy the magnet sheets to fit memo binder? Thanks
Size, thickness,strength
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I had my stamps organized in a 3 ring binder with dividers using plastic pockets as someone mentioned previously - including the ones for baseball cards which i used to hold the small stamps....it does stand nicely on the shelf - now i use that plus the spellbinder case plus the EZmount storage binders and sheets - a little bit of everything
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Default Magnetic Sheets

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampdiva2008View Post
Where did you buy the magnet sheets to fit memo binder? Thanks
Size, thickness,strength
I found magnetic sheets at AC Moore craft store. They come in several sizes. They have the size I need, or a full sheet size that I can cut down to make two sheets.

I've been home sick with a respiratory virus, so I can't get to the store. I decided to add more nestabilities to my book. My book was too full, so I started a new notebook [had here at the house]. I had one more pkg of 15 document protectors, but no magnetic sheets. Since I'm still too sick to leave the house, I tried something else. I have a Xyron, and I had the magnetic cartridge/laminate. So I cut some 5x8 paperboard and ran it through the xyron. Laminate on one side, magnet on the other. The magnet is strong enough to hold the nestablities, and the paperboard makes it really sturdy. I love it. BUT, I don't really recommend it. The xyron magnetic cartridge is pretty expensive, and is only 10 feet long x 9 inches wide. The only reason I did it is because I've become very bored while sick, and wanted to organize my stash, AND I had the magnetic/laminate around and wasn't using it. But, it did make a cool sheet. ;)

So, most craft stores probably carry magnetic sheets. I also found them in the craft area of Walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

I have been using magnetic sheets from Crafters Companion for dies that have matching stamps, one side has the magnet, the other holds the stamps. I put them in a page protector and store in a three ring binder. I have to make a trip to AC Moore to search for thinner magnetic sheets for my nestibilities and various other dies. The crafters companion are are bit heavy for just the dies. I can't put them in my Scrap Rack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I purchased rolls of magnet with camouflage on the back on clearance for $1 a roll. I cut the pieced to fit the old Sizzix clear cases that their embossing folders came in the metal ones we use in diecut machines. Each case holds a different Spellbinders nestie die set and I have all of them on a big book ring so can flip through them and find the one I want to use and put it back when done. No lost dies that way.
Reply With Quote Likes