Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #161
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGrammy View Post
Wow! This is already looking "so fine"!!
Thanks I didn't show a pic of the other two rooms a lot of my stuff is currently residing in though, lol!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #162

Send a message via Skype™ to TexasGrammy

Ha! I so understand! My space is over-crowded currently from too much time without a serious "purge & do-over". I guess that should be on my "list" for 2012. Oh my. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Crafty Space Extreme Makeover show??? I would apply in a heartbeat!
My SU

Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGrammy View Post
Ha! I so understand! My space is over-crowded currently from too much time without a serious "purge & do-over". I guess that should be on my "list" for 2012. Oh my. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Crafty Space Extreme Makeover show??? I would apply in a heartbeat!
LOL, me too My main problem is that along with the stuff I've purged I'm still short some storage...don't have my rails for my punches up yet and I need new bookshelves for my stamps plus some display shelves so it's just sitting everywhere, ha! And the fact that I've worked a TON and was out of town last weekend. Maybe I can get a little more together this weekend! And I NEED to get to Ikea but it's three hours away

Check out my blog

Old 02-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #164

Send a message via Skype™ to TexasGrammy

I shall not go to IKEA.
I shall not go to IKEA.
I shall not go to IKEA.

Be sure to share here when you've made more progress! I'm not going to IKEA, so it's up to you & everyone else in this thread!
My SU

Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #165

Ha, I NEED to go...I have GOT to get some more storage options! My mom needs to go too for her new house

Check out my blog

Old 02-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #166
Crimping Master

I went to Ikea over the weekend and DIDN'T buy a single thing for my craft room. Just a couple of pillows and some sheets. I like to make a stop there when I go to DD's in NJ. So wanted to get more storage for my room, but couldn't justify it right now. got a wedding coming up to save for........and create for.

http://roxysramblings64.blogspot.com
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #167
Glitter Guru

Here are photos of my "NEW" craft room in the home we moved into beginning in October. My room is 9'7" x 11'3" . Photos are of : Deskwork area made of kitchen base cabinets and countertop with pegboard hanging
cabinet on wall to right of desk area--cabinet holds scrapbooks, refill pages and page protectors in the large door area and supplies for making a variety of small notebooks, binder clip things and so forth in the drawer area. The closet where my paper storage rack is--nuff said. The DVD cabinet where my stamps are stored.....all my stamps...... The red CD racks where my whale style punches reside....though it may look awkward inplacement...it is extremely easy to reach in and grab the punch or punches I want to use. The cabinet that holds dies, cuttlebug folders, Nestibilities (see the decorated DVD cases), markers, notebooks for punch art, copic use, scrapbooking designs, and card sketch challenges, file boxes of instructional books on tea bag folding, iris folding, origami, rubber stamping, and so forth. Short cabinet has my Non-whale punches in trays I buy at Target, and border punches too. Also has my entire married life in photos (at least the first 41 years) in the large black CM power sort box on the bottom shelf. opps, photo of paper storage didn't come through.....last photo on top row..(top shelf is markers, boxes of bling, small projects parts, Nestibilities in DVD cases. second row is punched out tags, made up punch art ready for cards, punches pieces to use up scrap, and brads in snapware with each size and color of brad in its own little plastic pill bottle with snapon lid...I also poke a hold through the lid and put oneof the brads to be stored in the bottle through the lid....when I use up all the brads, including the one from the lid,,,I know by looking the bottle is empty and ready for a refill of something. third row is cuttlebug , folders, dies and more)
Attached Thumbnails
craft-room-001.jpg   craft-room-002.jpg   craft-room-003.jpg   craft-room-004.jpg   craft-room-006.jpg  

craft-room-005.jpg  

Card Sketch Challenge 1-198 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating
100 by 100 first round begins Jan 1, 2014

http://www.2014-100-100-first-round-

Last edited by c-mouse; 02-21-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #168
Glitter Guru

Here are the missing photos: First one is my paper storage rack. SEcond is 3 cabinets 23 x23...they hung on the wal in my sewing/craft room at the other house...now they are stacked.. in the closet to the left of the paper rack and facing it..they hold a large amount and variety of items...reinkers, spongers, craft paints, tins, raw materials for making things, items left over from this year's craft sale, and 75 battery powered tea lights because DH found them on Christmas clearance and thought I needed them....I love that man.
The last photo is of my cut down science lab table purchased at a school auction. It has a cutting mat, my gilly table top cutter and is where I use my cuttlebug.
that's my room. Still waiting for new light in ceiling but the two OTTs help a bunch.
Attached Thumbnails
craft-room-007.jpg   craft-room-008.jpg   craft-room-009.jpg  

-30 and sweating

Old 02-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #169
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn324 View Post
It looks like you have lots of room and I love that you are using the furniture from when you were a child. It gives you lots of storage and looks great too.
Thank you Lynn

I was hoping to give people some ideas about using bedroom furniture because I thought a lot of them might have just plain ole' chests. It really works just fine.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #170
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Thank you Lynn

I was hoping to give people some ideas about using bedroom furniture because I thought a lot of them might have just plain ole' chests. It really works just fine.
I am using that same furniture, Lynn, that i had from childhood. I dont have as many pieces as you...(I have a desk, a hutch that went on the desk which I reporposed elsewhere, a tall lingerie dresser). I actually threw away the chest that went with it too when a leg broke a while back. I could kick myself now for throwing that out! Ugh! Mine were not as in as good of shape as yours so I spray painted mine white. I love how it looks tho and when I get my room finished (hopefully this weekend!) I am going to take pics and post. Isn't it so fun when you can repurpose some furniture that you loved at one time and can love again?!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #171
Glitter Guru

Mindy, Pansy and everyone else who is posting pics....I am LOVING all your rooms! Isnt it fun to make it your own and find ways and share ways to store things and organize things?!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #172
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to MelDeLlanos

I am actually on the look out for a big chest of drawers/dresser as we speak for JUST that reason!! I have tons of little drawer units, and I could eliminate about 8-10 of them if I just had a nice biggish dresser with sturdy drawers! I scouted Craigslist last night, and put up a little blurb on our Buy/Sell/Trade FB page for our county... I've also been watching Goodwill! I am a little picky though, I want an older one, that was well built, not anything "new" that will fall apart after a few months...
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
Mindy, Pansy and everyone else who is posting pics....I am LOVING all your rooms! Isnt it fun to make it your own and find ways and share ways to store things and organize things?!
Thanks Kel! And yes it is...although I'm pretty sure as soon as I get my room done/just the way I want it, DH will find a house to buy and I'll have to move it/start all over again, ha!

Check out my blog

Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDeLlanos View Post
I am actually on the look out for a big chest of drawers/dresser as we speak for JUST that reason!! I have tons of little drawer units, and I could eliminate about 8-10 of them if I just had a nice biggish dresser with sturdy drawers! I scouted Craigslist last night, and put up a little blurb on our Buy/Sell/Trade FB page for our county... I've also been watching Goodwill! I am a little picky though, I want an older one, that was well built, not anything "new" that will fall apart after a few months...
I know just what you mean about new stuff that falls apart in a short time. One year, I bought some presswood bookcases at Lowes for my classroom. They were 50 dolars-ish but it was my own money ya know? Well of course the mobile unit I was in that year had a leak in the roof and you should see what water did to those bookcases! When you picked up a shelf it literally dissolved into sawdust!! Of course the school district did not replace them either. Heaven forbid they actually provide storage in elementary classrooms!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #175
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Yes it is....this is the first room space I have had just for papercrafting. Always before I was in a bedroom/storage area that I had to keep all my photography gear and supplies in too. The best part about my new room is that right outside it is the downstairs family room with no furniture except for folding tables and chairs and a hutch or two....so far my biggest gathering for a stamping playday has been six, but I have room for 10 or 12 if I want to and the downstairs has a bathroom..too.....plus two bedrooms if someone gets tired of stamping.....how that could happen is beyond me. And yes,,,,it is fun to repurpose items. Noneof the furniture in my room was designed for crafting...Staples bookcases, hastings DVD cabinet, Home Depot cabinets and counter top......you get the drift...Punch racks came from Good will and we painted them red.

-30 and sweating

Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #176
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Mel...I feel your pain! I have spend every lunch hour for weeks now trying to find all the pieces I needed to complete my room. I was on the lookout for a dresser just like you are talking about....finally found it but was a little disappointed in the price (which wasnt bad but I was wanting to pay garage sale prices for a garage sale find, ya know?! LOL) because I knew I would have to spend money on spray paint and new pulls. But in the end, it turned out great and the 3 big drawers it has are amazing! It totally changed my room!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #177
Glitter Guru

Here is a pic of my repurposed furniture: Sorry its such a bad pic...its a phone pic and not a good time of day!
Attached Thumbnails
013.jpg  
see_susan_stamp likes this post.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #178
Glitter Guru

Default Another picture

Sorry, I am having a hard time posting more than 1 pic in a post...

This is the cabinet more close up:
Attached Thumbnails
014.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #179

Quote:

Those are great pieces! I love how you made the hutch into ribbon storage. It looks pretty too and isn't that nice?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #180

KELLY! That looks fab!!!! Color me jealous!!!! Where do you go to find stuff around here????

Check out my blog

Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #181
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
KELLY! That looks fab!!!! Color me jealous!!!! Where do you go to find stuff around here????
Hey Miss Mindy!! Well....that's been a challenge finding thing I like that I can paint or repurpose that is in a price range that will make it affordable!!

Some of the places I have gone in our area are the Goodwill, Salvation Army, and other thrift stores....Avenue Thrift Store on Jefferson St is where I found that dresser. It was a dark wood and I spray painted it white. It was $89 and I had to use quite a bit of spray paint and buy new glass pulls so in total, it cost $160 for it. But I love it and it has 3 big drawers. The hutch on top and the tall dresser next to it, along with a desk that isn't in these pics, are childhood furniture, spray painted white.

I got another table at Bits N Pieces Thrift Store on North Grand and Dirksen. They have some other really neat pieces but my room is too full now so I had to pass. They have this amazing lady's small desk for $110 and I saw one just like it at an antique store for $225. They also had this great red hutch/entertainment center that would be perfect for crafting for like $65 I think. You might check there for some stuff. Of course, they have total garbage too! LOL

I also visit The Hope Thrift Store on Dirksen. I got 2 lyre back chairs there and sprayed them white. They were $10 each.

I am now shopping some antique stores and eBay trying to find some old chenille bedspreads I can make a cushion and throw pillows out of. Some of the antique stores around here have stuff but you gotta have the time and patience to rummage thru. I have spend most of my lunch hours doing the whole thrift store thing.

My settee I ordered from Target arrived yesterday so I will hopefull get my room finished this weekend and get actual pictures posted here and on my sorely neglected blog.

I would love to see what everyone else has done to their rooms. I am obsessed with pinterest and finding scrapbooking rooms here, there and everywhere so I have some ideas on my pinterest boards.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #182
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to MelDeLlanos

I have to agree, Kelly, I'm LOVING your new stuff!!

I'm scouring Craigslist, thrift stores, and auction barns for an old dresser. So far no luck... I have one, but I'm just not loving it, and I highly doubt it is going to actually work. It's too small. It was free (my BFFs hubby gave it to me), but even at that price, if it's too small it's not a bargain. LOL I haven't cleaned it up and tried it out yet, just a feeling...

I can't wait to see your room finished!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #183
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I'm scouring Craigslist, thrift stores, and auction barns for an old dresser. So far no luck... I have one, but I'm just not loving it, and I highly doubt it is going to actually work. It's too small. It was free (my BFFs hubby gave it to me), but even at that price, if it's too small it's not a bargain. LOL I haven't cleaned it up and tried it out yet, just a feeling...

Thanks Mel....and I feel your pain!! When free just doesn't quite work, it really hurts! LOL I kept thinking, if only I could make something here work and I wouldnt have to spend that money, but in the end, I couldnt find anything free. =(

Keep your eyes open, stuff is there. I wish I had been redoing this room in the summer when garage sales were in full swing because you can find amazing deals sometimes and usually at better prices than a thrift store. I dont know about you, but I am finding Goodwill and Salvation Army to be getting much more expensive on their stuff. Someone on another thread suggested trying Freecycle, if your area has one. I had forgotten all about Freecycle!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #184

Quote:

Just a thought...s that dresser a good height? If the height is good you could use it for your paper cutter or die cut machine.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #185

Thanks so much Kelly!!! I've looked a few places around d-town without much luck! I'll have to check some of those places out the next time we head over that way!!!!

Check out my blog

Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #186
Embossing Fanatic

Default Almost done!

I wanted to post an update on how my room is progressing. I'm almost there but as rooms go you know it will be a work in progress for some time to come. I have a lengthy post on my blog with pics. Also some older posts have some pics and info in them so please feel free to look at those too. Let me know if you have any questions.
A Few of My Favorite Things: Almost done!!

Cindy~

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 04-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: We love it when members share their workspaces in our Stampin' Spaces Gallery! Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #187
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAgal View Post
I wanted to post an update on how my room is progressing. I'm almost there but as rooms go you know it will be a work in progress for some time to come. I have a lengthy post on my blog with pics. Also some older posts have some pics and info in them so please feel free to look at those too. Let me know if you have any questions.
A Few of My Favorite Things: Almost done!!

Cindy~
Cindy...your room is amazing! I left you a comment there on your blog but wanted you to know its just beautiful and you have done a wonderful job on everything! And I totally laughed when you said you thought you needed to paint your thread holder white...then a little later said you did while you were painting your cabinet. I swear, I need to have stock in Krylon right now, I have spray painted so much stuff white! LOL

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 04-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: Stampin' Spaces Gallery
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #188
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Cindy...your room is amazing! I left you a comment there on your blog but wanted you to know its just beautiful and you have done a wonderful job on everything! And I totally laughed when you said you thought you needed to paint your thread holder white...then a little later said you did while you were painting your cabinet. I swear, I need to have stock in Krylon right now, I have spray painted so much stuff white! LOL
Well while I was high on paint fumes (JK...sorta!) I figured I may as well paint it too! Thanks so much for the kind comments. And why is it you think 3 cans will do everything but turns out you are sadly mistaken? So happy we live close to a Home Depot!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #189

Heart

Cindy,

I like your stampin space too! Really cleaver, I'm jealous of all your storage cabinets! I need some storage space for my retired stamps! Wow!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #190
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldimatteo View Post
Here are a few photos from my stamp room! I love seeing your stampin' spaces - some great storage/organization ideas out there!
What did you use for your stamp pads?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #191
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I think I have that same plate, it's very old, don't know the monetary vaulue but I love love the floral in shades of pink design.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #192
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis harper View Post
I think I have that same plate, it's very old, don't know the monetary vaulue but I love love the floral in shades of pink design.
I love that plate! I picked it up several years ago at a flea market for like $7. Think they wanted $10 but I talked them down a bit on it cuz I was getting a few more plates from them too. I don't know why, but I have a thing for plates. =) I have a set of old Autumn Leaves Jewel T that was my grandma's so I found this plate while I was looking for some of that.

It's probably silly to have a plate in a craft room, but I love mixing things like this. Plus, this room is not just my craft room but my sanctuary. I have a little settee in there and TV so I can watch TV while working or just want to chill out in my girly room.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #193
Glitter Guru

I just uploaded a ton of pics of my room to my Pinterest account and will try to get some uploaded here by this weekend. I am Kelly Spivey on Pinterest if anyone wants to look. It's under my board called My Craft Room.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #194
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Yes it is...I am loving that it is MY crafting room and I didn't have to take over a kid's bedroom when they moved out in order to have it.
Since the original photos were posted, I decided to take the closet doors off---I never closed them anyway and having them gone gave me an additional 6 inches of manuver room on each end.
don't know if I mentioned it but just outside my craft room is the downstairs family room. I have started having play days with a group of friends where we bring materials and work and chat and eat. And just last weekend I held my first pay me workshop which was a big success so now I am planning more.

-30 and sweating

Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #195

Quote:
I just uploaded a ton of pics of my room to my Pinterest account and will try to get some uploaded here by this weekend. I am Kelly Spivey on Pinterest if anyone wants to look. It's under my board called My Craft Room.
I tried to search and couldn't find it.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #196
Rubber Obsessor

I found my large Ethan Allen Cream colored hutch at a local auction house for only $30.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 04-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: We love it when members share their workspaces in our Stampin' Spaces Gallery! Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Stock Queen View Post
I found my large Ethan Allen Cream colored hutch at a local auction house for only $30.
Gasp you are one lucky lady!!!

Every time I go to an auction, thrift store, antique store, flea market or garage sale all I ever find is junk OR If I see something that is worth something... the people selling it know that too and I can't afford it

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 04-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: blog link
Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I tried to search and couldn't find it.
When you type a person's name in the search box, and you get a "results" page...the first line says something like Pins...Boards...People. You have to click on People if you want to find a person.

To save you the work, here's Kelly's page:
http://pinterest.com/kspiv1211/

PS to Kelly...there's 4 Kelly Spivey's on there!
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
When you type a person's name in the search box, and you get a "results" page...the first line says something like Pins...Boards...People. You have to click on People if you want to find a person.

To save you the work, here's Kelly's page:
Kelly Spivey (kspiv1211) on Pinterest

PS to Kelly...there's 4 Kelly Spivey's on there!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by sc magnolia; 04-06-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #200

Wow Kelly!!!!!

Check out my blog