Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 04-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #481
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine773 View Post
Thank you Yes it is always so neat. It's my creativity downfall. I've written about it a few times in posts - wanting to be able to make a big mess and enjoy it - see glitter on the floor and revel in how pretty it is instead of immediately sweep it up. But for some reason my craft room has to be immaculate in order for me to create. Even as I make cards - I have to put things away as soon as I am done using them. But it makes no sense, the rest of my house is a mess on a regular basis. Seriously a mess. I have no idea why this is! BJEANS - What are color blocks/groupings? I'm not sure what that is referencing?
Well you do it naturally! Color blocking is just different blocks of color placed side by side in a harmonious way. It can be used with paint colors on walls, clothing, etc.

So for example, to the right of your Cuttlebug, you have turquoise albums on a top shelf, a nice big chunk of pink on four shelves below it (jars and boxes), and then blue on the bottom, echoing the blue (turquoise) at the top. My brain's color pleasure center gets happy seeing that.

More importantly, will you come to my house and neaten me up? ; )

Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Catherine773 and Brenda71 like this post.
Unread 04-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #482
Rubber Obsessor

Lol about coming to your house! It was definitely not intentional putting those colors close together. They fit on those shelves so I stuck them there I'm happy to hear that they look good together though!
Unread 04-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #483
Pearl-ExPert

Well, that was just one example. There are others - look around, you'll see. Part of it is the organization.

As for not relaxing and getting messy, I do remember you posting about that. Maybe there's an intermediate step on the way to full mess? Like get a pretty box - even decorate the box as your "put away box," and as you're creating, when you're done with something, instead of getting up that second and putting it away, put it in the box so you can play to your heart's content. Then at the end of the session, you and your box will go on put-away rounds. : ) lol
Catherine773 likes this post.
Unread 04-24-2017, 06:46 PM   #484
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy I did the exact same thing 3 years ago and same for me - master bedroom is my craft room. Would love to see your picture. It didn't come through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klh54 View Post
Space management is my bane! I moved from a house with a 9x25 sq ft craft room to a small 1,200 sq ft 2 bed condo. Now my craft room is also my master bedroom. It is such a challenge to keep it tidy...most days I fail!

Design Team for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps and Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Unread 05-22-2017, 07:45 AM   #485
Polyshrink Goddess

I've recently purged and organized my little craft space. I have a portion of a room in our finished basement. After years of making do with mismatched pieces of furniture, I had two counter tops made by a local manufacturer, placed them on top of white storage cubes and really got organized. Perhaps this will give you some ideas for small spaces. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
overall.jpg   back.jpg   bookcases.jpg   inks.jpg   neutrals.jpg  

cuttlebug.jpg   paper-carts.jpg   paper.jpg   punches-holder.jpg   stamps.jpg  

stickles.jpg   washi.jpg  

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Catherine773 and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 05-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne who would think that cardmaking and scrapbooking would be about organizing one's stash but it is. Well done! Lots of space for creativity now and I loved how you organized your washi!
Unread 05-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #487
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Russell View Post
Suzanne who would think that cardmaking and scrapbooking would be about organizing one's stash but it is. Well done! Lots of space for creativity now and I loved how you organized your washi!
Sometimes, I think I like the organizing as much as the creating! I am most definitely more creative in a well organized space. Paring down has helped, too -- too much stuff proves overwhelming to me. I've been at this long enough now to know what is and isn't in my wheel house and shop accordingly.

For the washi storage - that's just a piece of poster board scored to make the "troughs" to keep them lined up.

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!