Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree344Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #161
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post

Don't worry about crafting. Purging is your new craft project.

Clutter is a freeloader.
Love it!!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #162
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 View Post
...the super-purge has curbed my shopping...
That's my goal! My little mini purges are helping, but I'm still an addict at heart...
Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie leone View Post
After work today, I stopped at HL and bought the only 2 they had! Also got a rain check for (4) more! With the sale price, you cant beat it for $2.50!!

@Scrappinceo, just curious as to what you have them stored in. A cube maybe or on a shelf? Thanks!
HI Connie. I use an upcycled entertainment center. The paper keepers take up most of one shelf. I thought I had an old pic in my gallery but I must have deleted the photo when I was file clearing a couple weeks ago.

I'll be doing an updated post on my blog on Monday as part of my Week 2 assignment of the Get Organized Challenge. That will show my paper storage. I'll put a link here when it is live.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by beehappy View Post
It seems like I have been purging forever. My new rule for myself is "WHAT I HAVE I WILL SHARE, WHAT I NEED I WILL BORROW" I have been trying to move to another room in the house. It looks like I now have a mess in 2 rooms.
We won't talk about my mess. LOL Why does 'organizing' always look worse then when you started?

I've been purging and looking at some things differently in my studio as part of the Get Organized Challenge. This weekend is all about paper. Most of what I have is stored the way it will stay. But I do have 1 iris box of misc I need to file. And I'm purging my 2 scrap drawers. One is for CS and one for DP. All of the CS is going to an elementary school class in MN. The DP I am going to pick a minimum size and anything below that is GONE!
JoBear2 likes this post.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #165
Cardstock Collector

Donate all that "ugly" paper to your local school(s) they would love to have it most likely. If you live near a Ronald McDonald House they will take some newer items, embellishments, newer stamp sets etc. a good outlet for some of these mothers. (sorry, I know a mom) Once that's out of the way, start on one other thing to sort thru and on and on, soon it will be done.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #166
Cardstock Collector

Love this question.If I have not looked for it or forgot I had it then it is time to pass it on to a new in training " got to have it I might need it" newbie!! Oh the stuff I have like tons of Unopened Tim What's his names stuff. I mean it I can't remember no disrespect. I just saw his demo and went out and filled a cart. I found Stampin Up and that really all I NEED well Spellbinders and MFT I NEED that also. Maybe we should swap stuff save some money.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #167
Cardstock Collector

I love your comment! Us crappers I mean scrappers sure have a lot in common. Just like a group of strangers somewhere holding hands and reciting the Lords Prayer. I do agree scraps get out of hand so quick if we try to save every little piece.I love to clean my craft room when I'm in a cleaning frenzy boy I can't believe what hits the can. I never have regretted it the next day, just loved a my clean space.
ScrappinCEO and sewsew like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #168
Embossing Fanatic

(standing up) Hi my name is Wendy and I have a problem with scrapbooking and card making. I am addicted to paper, stamps and cute little embellishments. I can't stop myself when I go to a LSS or online store. I need help.

Thank you for listening.
ScrappinCEO, Brenda71, sprtchick and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #169
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL, Wendy - it sounds like you won't be in the mood for purging anytime soon .

I've done far too good of a job. My favorite place to sell, an LSS about an hour away, has scheduled their next customer "garage sale" and I'm scrounging to see if I should get a table. I have a handful of stamp sets, a little paper, some ink pads and embellishments to still move out. I'll probably let the storeowner know that if she has room for one more when we get closer, I'll take a table.

Here's an example of how well I've purged. I keep my stamps in two DVD towers - and there are now two shelves that actually have DVDs on them!
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 02-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #170
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbearz View Post
(standing up) Hi my name is Wendy and I have a problem with scrapbooking and card making. I am addicted to paper, stamps and cute little embellishments. I can't stop myself when I go to a LSS or online store. I need help.

Thank you for listening.

Hi, Wendy!

If you're ready for a first step, cut out the incoming stuff. I've been purging and organizing heavily this week and seeing all the lovely stuff I'm getting rid of has been a good reminder to "just say no!"
ScrappinCEO, Phantom, RiverIsis and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #171
Embossing Fanatic

I just started sorting my cardstock. I didn't think I had more than 6" or so. I'm up to 14" and counting. I won't have to buy blue cardstock for quite awhile LOL.
Brenda71, Phantom, RiverIsis and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #172
Die Cut Diva

I'm going through all my stuff and I have pulled out a nice pile to sell at my LSS's sale this month. I will get store credit for selling my items, but I made a list of the copics I still need and that is all I am allowing myself to spend on.
Phantom and RiverIsis like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #173
Cardstock Collector

Hello, you go girl! I just 5 min ago signed up for my first Garage sale at a very nice scrapbook store about 45min away. The spots sell out in 1 day and they get a good turn out so I'm really excited. Anyway I wanted to tell you about a shop call " Scrapbooking Made Simple" they sell Copics very reasonable everyday. the owner Stacey is a riot check out the You Tubes. Can't waIt to hear about your Purge!
Phantom, TheGeneralsWife and RiverIsis like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #174
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope you all have a blast at LSS garage sales! I am really going to miss selling at this next one - the spots are filled already. But I may just go as a shopper .

Every time I've gone, they've had 30 people lined up at the door before opening, and it's just a blast - and well worth it. I've made from $300 to $600. Be sure to price everything clearly. I made up signs and grouped items accordingly. Sometimes, it'd just be anything in a box for $1 or $2. I priced low but made up for it with volume.

Another thing at these sales is that we'd pre-shop at each other's tables while setting up. Now... that can kind of instantly put a dent in your profits, but it's also a chance to get some good bargains before the "real" shoppers arrive. And even if you don't buy, it's a nice way to meet everyone you'll be spending the day with - and they may shop at your table, too!
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
ScrappinCEO and RiverIsis like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #175
Die Cut Diva

How interesting, we don't sell the items, the store does. We just price them and they give us a code and they sell everything for you and they take a small percentage of your sales, but they sell for about 5-7 days.
RiverIsis likes this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #176
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh-h-h-h. I see. Well that is certainly different than the one I go to. I can see where that would be so convenient, and they'd get a lot of people over a number of days, too.

At this one, they have an area with tables set up all the time for people to come and work, and then they have organized crops and classes. For sale day, they put the tables all in a big square, and we're there from 9 a.m. until 2 or 3. The store owner promotes it a great deal locally, and there are big crowds that level off by lunch time and then there's usually another spurt of activity. It is so much fun. They are so nice there - they even take lunch orders for us so we don't have to leave.

Wishing everyone great success. Good sales are a great motivator for purging.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #177
Die Cut Diva

I am really blessed to live in an area where I have 3 LSS and they all do the Used Stamp Sales. They are all very successful. I have only sold at 2 but each time I have made a pretty decent amount. I can say that every time I go to shop, there are lines before the stores open. One store even started selling pre-sale ticket. There are a few people in my area that are on major design teams like La La Land, MFT and Taylored Expressions, so you see a lot of their past design stuff in these sales.
Brenda71, Phantom and RiverIsis like this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #178
Proud Fan Club Member

That sounds wonderful! I think it's a great way to sell and to shop. The only other thing I've done is sell stamps here on SCS in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum - but it sure is nice to do a store sale and not have to ship .
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
TheGeneralsWife likes this post.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #179
Proud Fan Club Member

The only LSS in our area that had customer garage sales closed last year around this time, sadly. In fact, I don't even know of another LSS in this area at all! I sold at two of them, and it really is a great way to go.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #180
Die Cut Diva

Sue - I am so sorry to hear that your LSS closed. I hate hearing how these shops keep going out of business. I love being able to go in a browse instead of paying to ship stuff.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #181
Proud Fan Club Member

I have soooooooooo much. I keep repeating to myself...what I have, I will share and what I need, I'll borrow.
All of you have been so kind with sharing so I thought I'd do something silly. I will pack a medium sized priority box filled with all kinds of goodies. The first person to pm me your name and addy, you will get the box. FREE. keep it, sell it, share it...whatever you like. I will have it in the mail to you by a week from today. Let's see who wants a surprise box?
Some will ask...what's in it for me (beehappy). well I get to give some really good stuff to people who will appreciate it. Thanks everyone and good luck.
amydav, Brenda71, snowcountry311 and 9 others like this post.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #182
Insane Embellisher

Sent you a PM
Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 AM   #183
Proud Fan Club Member

Beehappy - what a great idea! I wish I'd thought of doing that. Maybe my next batch .
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #184
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks. I am thrilled to be able to share the many things I have not used.
JoBear2 likes this post.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #185
Proud Fan Club Member

I have 2 boxes to mail. 1 for Irma and 1 for Pauline. They are boxed and ready for the post office. I still have more to share especially if you are a scrapbooker. I have several ready made pages that just need your pictures. Any takers? You know the drill. PM me your name and addy. First taker gets the pages.
Just in case you're wondering, I have been scrappin since 1997. Since I don't get to see children and grandchildren as often as I'd like I don't get to take many pictures so I have been making cards for many of the requests here at SCS. I still enjoy taking pictures and will get back to scrapbooking in about another 20-25 years.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #186
Proud Fan Club Member

Mission accomplished I mailed 6 Boxes today of all kinds of goodies. You all have inspired me and I know that I can do this. I will now be able to go thru my quikutz. I have complete alphabets. Anyone want them? I also have loads of cricut cartridges and over 1,000 points I have not registered so you can. Let me know what cartridges you need. I probably have it. pm with your name and addy.
Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how happy I feel giving these to people who will enjoy them.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #187
Die Cut Diva

Okay... accountability check in.

Archivers is officially closing its doors today in Minnesota. I have avoided the store since they announced their closing. I have been so tempted this week to hop in the car and hit the store. The fact is. I simply don't need one. more. thing.

So today, to ward off the temptation I dove into de-cluttering my craft area, which has sprawled from my craft nook into my bedroom and out into the living room. It's like a sprawling weed!

I am pleasantly surprised to be excited at what I am finding and I am doing it in small bites. One bag or one box or one pile at a time. I go through it, reminisce, sort, and put away. And surprisingly, I am feeling a buzz, similar to the buzz I get of buying something new and craftilicious. This is great!

Cheers to my fellow purgers this holiday weekend. May the force be with you.
Brenda71, gregzgurl, Phantom and 3 others like this post.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #188
Glitter Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by madameplushbottom View Post
Okay... accountability check in.

Archivers is officially closing its doors today in Minnesota. I have avoided the store since they announced their closing. I have been so tempted this week to hop in the car and hit the store. The fact is. I simply don't need one. more. thing.

So today, to ward off the temptation I dove into de-cluttering my craft area, which has sprawled from my craft nook into my bedroom and out into the living room. It's like a sprawling weed!

I am pleasantly surprised to be excited at what I am finding and I am doing it in small bites. One bag or one box or one pile at a time. I go through it, reminisce, sort, and put away. And surprisingly, I am feeling a buzz, similar to the buzz I get of buying something new and craftilicious. This is great!

Cheers to my fellow purgers this holiday weekend. May the force be with you.
Good for you Meg - it is SUCH a temptation when a store is closing to 'stock up' or grab a bargain - but like you say, if you don't need anything, why go?! I always get a buzz when going through and sorting stuff too - it's like you have this "extra" energy from it and it's quite exhilarating . And now that I can finally sit at my desk and craft after a month's absence, I still have that energy and feel so eager to create. I think you are wise Meg to do it in "small batches" so it doesn't completely overwhelm you.

My Gallery My Blog

Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart - Piglet
madameplushbottom likes this post.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #189
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBear2 View Post
Good for you Meg - it is SUCH a temptation when a store is closing to 'stock up' or grab a bargain - but like you say, if you don't need anything, why go?! I always get a buzz when going through and sorting stuff too - it's like you have this "extra" energy from it and it's quite exhilarating . And now that I can finally sit at my desk and craft after a month's absence, I still have that energy and feel so eager to create. I think you are wise Meg to do it in "small batches" so it doesn't completely overwhelm you.
Jocelyn, thank you so much for your kind and supportive words. This process is really hard, yet so rewarding. I successfully tackled all of my DSP (the 12 x 12 decorative paper). It is now sorted by theme (bright birthday paper/kid paper/fall/flowers) or holiday (Valentine's Day/Halloween/Christmas) and stored in two places. One basket is all current SU paper - the other is non-current/non-SU paper. YEAH FOR ME!

And now, I am going to see if any of my cardstock that is piled on top of my cardstock containers will fit inside.

Then it's time for a cocktail followed by sweet dreams.

Progress. Not perfection.
ScrappinCEO, Brenda71, RiverIsis and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #190
Glitter Guru

I don't think there is such a thing as a "perfect" craft room or "perfect" storage solutions as I think it is a very individual thing - and sometimes I will change something 6 months down the track because it isn't quite working as well as I had hoped. But I enjoy the process of trying a different approach to try and make a solution to what isn't working - and also in a way that recycles containers or costs as little as possible. I am very much a "detailed label" person too as I just forget what I have! And I try to have similar things in one spot instead of scattered otherwise it just annoys me because it is impractical. I think my Craft Room will always be a work-in-progress......LOL!

My Gallery My Blog

Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart - Piglet
ScrappinCEO, Brenda71 and Phantom like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #191
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Yes. this.

Also - like JoBear said - it's always a work in progress...

madameplushbottom likes this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #192
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I was thinking too, progress is perfection... I agree it's a continual process, so every piece you work on is really a continuing step, exactly what we should be doing.
Brenda71 and madameplushbottom like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #193
Die Cut Diva

Ya'll are making me verklempt over here. I just love the community here and the ability of virtual strangers coming together and connecting.

I got the cardstock all sorted and put away this morning. Then I dove into bags of cards I had lying around. They are now all sorted - those ready to sell, those that need an angel stamp and packing before they can be sold, those that need a lil something still before they can be considered complete, and my favorite pile... cherished cards that I love and am ready to send off to people I love and who are on my mind.

I have been like the cobbler with holes in my shoes. I have been remiss in sending out any of the cards I make. One of my intentions this year is to change that. I started by sending Valentine's to friends who are struggling, newly widowed friends of my Grandma, home bound coworkers who are experiencing serious illnesses/injuries, and my nieces/nephew. Today I addressed about seven more cards for random folks. Yeah!

Purging is a good thing.
ScrappinCEO, Brenda71, gregzgurl and 3 others like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #194
Proud Fan Club Member

Getting my creations "postal" is one of my biggest challenges, too, and one that I'm trying to improve on. Epic fail so far, though - no Valentines went anywhere, I'm afraid... (of course, I didn't get a chance to make any, either )

Phantom, RiverIsis and JoBear2 like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #195
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm the same way about sending. . it's awful.

The other day, I had just texted one of my sisters that I'm going to do better this year about sending out birthday cards.

Minutes later, I realized that I already missed my brother and brother-in-law's birthdays.

I texted her back: I'm doomed.

But I haven't given up! I'm hoping to send a Valentine birthday card out on Tuesday! That's not so bad, right?

I also went through my box of completed cards the other day and actually tossed some of the crummier old what-was-I-thinking ones.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm doomed too. My MIL birthday is Sunday and that needs to go international post through flooded areas in England. Her card is still in pieces on my craft area.
SophieLaFontaine likes this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #197
Linking Queen

I'm a member of the never-sent-on time club so I bought a stamp by Stamp LaJolla many years ago that says ...

"It may be late but it's hand-stamped!"

When I can find it (a whole other story LOL) it goes on the back of nearly every envelope that gets postal.

It can be viewed here (scroll down a bit):https://www.************.com/web_sto...i?product=cute

ETA: I couldn't find anything recent from or about this company so it may no longer be in business.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

Last edited by TeeGeeDee; 02-16-2014 at 06:24 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
I'm a member of the never-sent-on time club so I bought a stamp by Stamp LaJolla many years ago that says ...

"It may be late but it's hand-stamped!"

When I can find it (a whole other story LOL) it goes on the back of nearly every envelope that gets postal.

It can be viewed here (scroll down a bit):https://www.************.com/web_sto...i?product=cute

ETA: I couldn't find anything recent from or about this company so it may no longer be in business.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
I found it: https://www.************.com/web_store/prodimg/B005.gif

Edited to add: Well! How confounding! Anyway, if anyone's interested, it's www dot stamp la jolla dot com /web_store/prodimg/B005.gif ...I wonder why it's not letting the link go through?

edited again to add: It's as if the entire phrase "stamp la jolla" is a censored word (if it's typed without the spaces)! Even if it's not in a link!

Last edited by SophieLaFontaine; 02-16-2014 at 07:20 PM..
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

I've finished most of the product purge in the studio thanks to the steps in the ScrapRack Get Organized Challenge. I have a huge box of CS, DP, embellishments and punches going to The Kindness Club in MN. I'm afraid of what this box is going to cost me to ship tomorrow but everything will be put to good use.
Phantom and RiverIsis like this post.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #200
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
The Kindness Club in MN.
Wow! Just googled the kindness club - what a wonderful story and beautiful teacher/message. Thanks for sharing and I bet they will love your supplies!