Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/)
-   -   Ugh! hide and seek (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/ugh-hide-seek-t563503.html)

jukie 10-31-2012 10:19 AM

Ugh! hide and seek

So, I am making some cute boxes for gifting Halloween chocolates to some special kids i.e the ones I know rather then the normal trick and treat vistors, any way I needed to punch two wholes to thread the handle through, I thought my Cropodile would do it, but it turned out not to have enough 'reach' and I need the holes deeper then it would allow me to go, so the hunt began of my hole punch and setter set...well I am blesses with a lot of storage, which is good when you know where something is, but when it is not something you have used for over 12 months....ugh...high and low...it was amazing what I did find, such as the wonderful 50 glitter pack I thought I must of given away as I had lost it, why it was where it was is a mystery to me :).

I was about to admit defeat and try and figure out another solution when I opened the little drawers right on my desk....right in front of me...yep you guessed it there they were, I could have saved myself 45 mins of frustration...oh well I found the glitter :)

I can only hope I am not the only one. Nothing frustrates me more then not finding something I know I have :rolleyes:

...(Hope the rain holds off for tonight or I am going to be eating chocolate til October 2013)

RAWS 10-31-2012 11:11 AM

I feel your pain. I am currently looking for my Tim Holtz alphabet die strip. I was sure I knew right where it was. So frustrating.

inkyimages 10-31-2012 11:11 AM

LOL, I usually find what I was looking for AFTER I needed it!

Cathy H 10-31-2012 01:06 PM

Not me. I usually don't find what I was looking for until either I buy a replacement or forget why I wanted it in the first place!

gr8cards 10-31-2012 03:39 PM

Oh boy!! You make me feel better. That is precisely why I have a smallish craft closet...I put everything in there so I can find it....it's not foolproof, though.....old age??????? :(

stamp luvr 10-31-2012 06:27 PM

I needed this thread today. I was making a Christmas card and every time I went to do something else on it, I had to look for an item. It was so frustrating that I told my DH that I'd better get out of this hobby! Usually I find the stuff that is missing 6 months later when I'm looking for something else!

ceramicat1 10-31-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp luvr (Post 19793824)
I needed this thread today. I was making a Christmas card and every time I went to do something else on it, I had to look for an item. It was so frustrating that I told my DH that I'd better get out of this hobby! Usually I find the stuff that is missing 6 months later when I'm looking for something else!

That's what happens to me. I decide to do something different and then much later, I'll find that original item. Of course by then, I remember I was looking for it, but can't remember what I was going to do with it.

mamaduck 12-01-2012 03:17 PM

I set down any tool, paper etc. and it disappears before my eyes. I waste more time looking for things. LOL

9or18holes 12-02-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaduck (Post 19860327)
I set down any tool, paper etc. and it disappears before my eyes. I waste more time looking for things. LOL

Sadly, know exactly what you mean. When I eventually find the item, and I always do, I'm left to wonder what made me put it there.

RiverIsis 12-02-2012 08:52 AM

Off to clean off my table and never find anything again! Luv ya Jukie!

Evesadornments 12-03-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 19861457)
Off to clean off my table and never find anything again! Luv ya Jukie!

That's MY problem. I'm ok if I never clean, but the second I "organize," I lose everything. In fact, this weekend, I had to find a stamp set I bought for someone. I knew the exact spot on the floor, in the middle of the room, buried under stuff, where it should be. If it wasn't there, I was going to be in trouble. Luckily it was still on the floor and not in a more "sensible' place! :D

Tinkerbell1958 01-03-2013 02:52 PM

I know exactly what you mean. A friend wanted a princess card for her daughter for Christmas. I found my "princess" stamp but I'mm

stamphappy1650 01-05-2013 01:21 PM

I loose things while I working on them because my desk top is always a mess. I'll give up, re-make it and then find it stuck to my sleeve.

On the positive side I rarely loose something because I don't know where I put it. I've organized my craft room so that everything that is similar is in the same place and labeled. I know where things are but every now and then I'll do a re-org and that's when I need my labels. Ask me what I had for dinner and I'll have to think about it, but ask me where I keep google eyes and I can go right to it! ;)

QueenOfInkland 01-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 19923660)
I loose things while I working on them because my desk top is always a mess. I'll give up, re-make it and then find it stuck to my sleeve.

The 'stuck to the sleeve' really hit home for me - been there, done that :shock: LOL

Something I do, too (and not just with art supplies), I put something in a 'special' place so that I'll know exactly where it is when I need it and then when the time comes and I need it, I have absolutely NO idea where I put it.....

DianeinSparks 01-05-2013 02:17 PM

Oh yes I know all about those "special places" - I have things I will never find since they're in one of those "special places"!!

stamphappy1650 01-06-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland (Post 19923680)
Something I do, too (and not just with art supplies), I put something in a 'special' place so that I'll know exactly where it is when I need it and then when the time comes and I need it, I have absolutely NO idea where I put it.....

Oh no, I also have those special places that are so hidden I can't find them!