Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/)
-   -   Craft Store Wire Rack Paper Storage (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/craft-store-wire-rack-paper-storage-t564140.html)

justjulier 11-11-2012 05:26 AM

Craft Store Wire Rack Paper Storage

I will hit the www shortly to search fur this, but I thought some knowledgeable crafter might know even quicker...

I'm looking to put my paper storage in my closet using those wire paper storage racks often seen in craft stores. Michael's and AC Moore have them as retail racks they use to sell their paper. They sit the paper at a slight angle.

Anyone know if these racks can be purchased retail anywhere?

Mostly looking for 8.5 x 11 but 12 x 12 might be good too.

TIA ~

gregzgurl 11-11-2012 06:01 AM

I found this tutorial for making your own (it might be cheaper): Cat's Creations: Scrapbook paper storage

cr8iveme 11-11-2012 06:17 AM

I have one for 8 1/2 x 11 paper. That my MIL gave me when she retired and closed her store. I also have one for 12 x 12 paper that I got at Hobby Lobby.

The one from Hobby Lobby is basically a nicer version then the tutorial one that gregzgurl posted.

I know you can usually get a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby directly from their site.

HTH

mswhittaker23 11-12-2012 11:19 AM

Here are some...stackable.

www.mediashelving.com: 6 Tier, 12" x 12" Paper Rack, White

EDIT: On the bottom, related items, you can get 30 or 45 slot racks. A bit pricy in my opinion but I don't think you can find these cheap unless a store is selling off fixtures.

GarnetJ 11-12-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 19815926)
I found this tutorial for making your own (it might be cheaper): Cat's Creations: Scrapbook paper storage

Thank you!!! I can do this for free as I have some racks like that with just a few "leftover" toys.

QueenOfInkland 11-19-2012 11:03 AM

I took the advice re: the Cat's Creations method and I want give it a big thumbs up. Easy to do and I get 9 shelves for $11.00 using 14" x 14" grid panels and 1 pkg of plastic ties. Very nice looking and very sturdy, too :)

Cat was sure thinking outside of the box.

Thanks so much, Sue, for sharing this awesome option for paper storage :)

gregzgurl 11-19-2012 11:35 AM

GarnetJ and QueenOfInkland: Glad it was helpful! I haven't tried it (I'm a filing cabinet girl), but it looked like a good idea to me...

9or18holes 11-22-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 19815926)

That is a FANTASTIC resource. TFS.

Chantsie 11-25-2012 04:22 AM

I love the idea of having it in a cube. I had the wire racks and I sold them. Space is at a premium for me and I didn't like that I couldn't stack anything on top of them. With these homemade ones I could stack them and then put other baskets or containers on top! Love!!!!

QueenOfInkland 12-13-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chantsie (Post 19845875)
I love the idea of having it in a cube. I had the wire racks and I sold them. Space is at a premium for me and I didn't like that I couldn't stack anything on top of them. With these homemade ones I could stack them and then put other baskets or containers on top! Love!!!!

And you can make them any configuration that you want and you can decide what size the openings will be. I like this so much I just bought another box of wire grids and some more ties so I can assemble some more units this weekend :wink:

Catrick 12-13-2012 10:20 PM

I am glad that my posting has been of service to crafters.

Cathy