Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/)
-   -   Cart with drawers at Joanns (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/cart-drawers-joanns-t564811.html)

birdieluver 11-23-2012 12:01 PM

Cart with drawers at Joanns

Do any of you have this cart?

Storage Cart Double-Wide with 12 Drawers- Multi-Color*: Storage Drawers & Carts*: storage*: *Shop | Joann.com

I just ordered it from Joanns and it's 50% off. It's even cheaper than Amazon and that's kind of a rarity! Joann's even has free shipping today.

I am going to use it to replace a metal rack I have that isn't moveable. The metal one I've been using blocks 2 drawers of my desk and is in the way when I want to use the ironing board! It's smaller than what I'm already using, but I'll just need to put more stuff away I guess! It can't be any worse that what I have already!

Terry

Skinnylatte2go 11-24-2012 09:18 AM

I have one that is just single drawers. Just be aware that if you put anything too heavy in the drawers, they will slide out of their tract. I am always having to watch when I pull one out and make sure I put it back in the tract when I slide it back in. And what I have in mine is not real heavy. But is handy to have near by.

dillyb5 11-24-2012 09:18 AM

Storage cart

I do have this storage cart and it is great! I keep my Cuttlebug on top and I am ready to go. I have labeled the drawers and mainly keep my embellies,( brads, eyelets, my Cricut pads, adhesives,etc).

kphorse 12-05-2012 12:37 PM

I had one of the single ones, but it does not take well to anything heavy! I gave it away...

Rachelrose 12-11-2012 05:43 AM

I have the taller one with a single row of drawers. It is definitely not good for anything heavy because the drawers will come off the tracks, but I store adhesives and refills, extra trimmer blades, plastic sleeves and bags, my staple gun, small stuff like that, and it's handy. I keep it next to my worktable and have my heat gun and iron on top.

I'm thinking of getting the one you linked to as well to slide under my worktable for storing other stuff. It's on Amazon in several sizes

Amazon.com: ECR4Kids 12-Drawer Mobile Organizer, Assorted Colors: Toys & Games

and as you can see the reviews are mixed. Some love it, some complain about the drawers. Seems like most of the complaints are from people who wanted to store heavier things or teachers who wanted to use it in a classroom. It's not really meant for that kind of heavy use IMHO. And be aware that the drawer measurement is for the top of the drawer. It narrows down at the bottom about 1/2 inch.

Postscript - just ordered it from Amazon. Price not much different and I'll get it faster I think. Hope it fits where I want it to.

QueenOfInkland 12-13-2012 08:19 AM

Same experience here where the drawers came off of the track when I had any appreciable weight in the drawers.

If you want this for lighter weight products, you'll be fine.

Rachelrose 12-15-2012 07:33 AM

I just got mine yesterday and Mr. Wonderful put it together in about fifteen minutes. It's just like my tall one. And it slides right under my counter-height worktable.

So, glad I got it. It will hold what I need to store in it nicely.

smileyj 12-15-2012 08:23 AM

My awesome DH solved the drawer problem for me. He cut thin wood the size of the drawers. no more falling down!

Rachelrose 12-15-2012 09:26 AM

That is awesome. I will have to tell my guy.