Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By connie leone
  • 2 Post By kaspring
  • 2 Post By Serenity3333us
  • 1 Post By connie leone
  • 2 Post By gregzgurl
  • 2 Post By connie leone

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Paper scraps / project life

Hi all! I wasn't exactly sure where to put this and thought I would post in this thread. I have been seeing a lot about "Project Life." Although I have done scrapbooking in the past I'm mainly a card maker and also like to make mini albums. Anyways, I thought I would make my own project life cards. By making my own I used up a lot of my paper scraps, making them easier to organize as well as having the cards organized too. I still have more colors to go through and cut then corner round them.

I brought up my cutter and my bin of paper scraps and did all of that while watching some t.v. !!! I think I will also cut some of my d.p. as well. I cut my paper down to 4" X 3" I think that this size will also work on cards & mini albums as well.

Just thought that I would share and maybe help others use up those darn paper scraps!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
tishahendricks, gregzgurl, Jana Z and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
Kookie Creator

I really like your idea! There are several shoe boxes full of scraps I can use this way. I am using the PL system to create my child's album it is much quicker and less stress when you have 16 years of pictures and memorabilia to get in an album.
connie leone and gregzgurl like this post.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Hi kathy, thank-you! I started scrapping my kids' school album, but lets just say I'm waaaaaaay behind! My daughter is graduating in June, and I think I left off in 5th. grade! My son is in 8th. grade and I think I left off in 1st. grade! I have all the stuff to scrap each in their own 12 X 12 scrap box! I think when they move out, I might say here you go!!

When they were young I stayed home and had plenty of time, but then 2 bouts of breast cancer and work and their activities it seems like their is never enough time, which I'm sure most everyone will agree

I think it is a great way to use the scraps and get them somewhat purged at the same time!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

Connie,

Great minds think a like. I bought one pack of project life cards and thought..I could make this out of stuff I already have..and make it the colors I want to use in the themes I want. We will see how it goes but I am with you..use what you have.

Glad you are a SURVIVOR!! Stay strong! Catching up on scrapbooking...does your daughter want to help on her album while you work on your sons? Just a thought. My 9-year-old is having fun with a 6x6 album she got for Christmas..bonding time
connie leone and gregzgurl like this post.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

@Serenity3333US Thank-you for your kind words, I appreciate that!

I have to admit that I did buy a couple packs myself, LOL and then the light bulb went off and thought what a great way to use up those annoying scraps!! So I went right on it and finished today, but thinking about doing some of my d.p. next. So glad I did it and now I have a great selection of colors and my scraps are under control!

My daughter may want to scrap some of it, but wont stick with it to long! She would maybe do better if we did it together! Maybe one of these days! I've been doing some re-organizing and cleaning up, purging!

So glad that your daughter is enjoying scrapping, teach her young! And yes, that is great bonding time.
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm glad you're a survivor, too! If you want to feel better about how behind you are, I will 'fess up that I gave each of my six children (who currently range in age from 27 to 37) an album with one finished page in it for Christmas ten years ago, with the promise of sending more pages as I finished them. Not a single page has gone postal since then :/

I've since decided that I'd rather scrap my own life (which they know very little about) and let them scrap their own, too. My goal is to make that their Christmas gift this year - we'll see if that happens. I love the idea of using up scraps this way, so I'll be following suit! Great idea...

connie leone and GramMcCaul like this post.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Mad Swapper

Thanks Sue! I would of never guessed that your kids range from 27-37 years of age. You look SUPER!

Also glad that you like the idea of using scraps to make P.L. cards / journaling cards!

I seem to spend a TON of time on this site, looking at all the cards/projects that have been posted, reading the forums & organizing/reorganizing. No wonder I don't have to do anything else!!
gregzgurl and GramMcCaul like this post.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool

Will someone please explain the "Project Life" to me. I've never heard of it. Is it something in SCS or elsewhere? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
Rubber Obsessor

PJill--here is a link on youtube that shows one of the kits and the gal putting it all together.

Getting Started with Project Life - YouTube