Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving from corner to closet/room, ideas?

Hi all, I am moving my craft area from a corner in the family room to a spare room. I will be taking over the closet and a corner of the room. The room is also going to be a spare bedroom, have a euro lounger, and a media room.

So, I ordered a bookcase with a fold down table for the wall next to the closet. I can work at the table and fold it up when company comes.

The closet is next to where the bookcase will go, it is about six feet wide, eight feet high. I plan on putting a piece of wood across the entire closet for additional desk space and to house the computer in one corner.

So, what ideas does anyone have on organizing supplies inside the closet, will have lots of room for shelving, but have way too many supplies. The bookcase will also have shelving.

Have tons of stamp pads to store, and stamps ( am thinking of narrow molding on the wall that has the window, next to the closet, the back wall.

Will do pictures in a bit, but this is a major undertaking and I would love some ideas.

And color? I want to paint the inside of the closet a different color than the room.

Will have white and black furniture in the room, not much because the room is only 10 x11 lol

Pictures of the room will follow, as will pictures of what I have to move.

Anxiously awaiting your thoughts and ideas.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A timely post. Just yesterday, Paperclipping Roundtable had Aby Garvey, an organization expert, on talking about scrap-room/craft space organization. Just visit paperclipping.com and look for the link to the Roundtable. It's worth a listen.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

A few things, you may have thought of them already. Don't paint the closet too dark since it is a closet. Baskets look really nice, you could use those to store supplies and media items alike and they will all match. The baskets can be lined with fabric so you can get pops of color with them, which will look good with a black and white theme. My favorite baskets come from Target, they have all kinds of sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

if you haven't already, spend an hour or more browsing over at Pinterest for ideas.

Pinterest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone! I will be posting pictures as I get closer to getting the big move done. Right now still need to clean out the spare room and get it ready to paint.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would consider some pegboard. You can hang tools on it and also use some of the longer hooks with a narrow piece of board on them for your stamps. You can also hang those wire spice-type racks from pegboard hooks and they hold a lot of tools and supplies. I have glues etc. in mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we painted our bedrooms I painted the insides of the closets white! Nice and bright and great to reflect light in a confined space. One of our bedrooms is Navy blue so it really is a pop of brightness to not have a dark closet.

I have most of my supplies in a Pie Cabinet and a chest of drawers. The chest of drawers has the chunky supplies. The pie cabinet holds sterilite drawers for various supplies, and then I have stationary organizers like Rolodex Mesh 4-Compartment Pencil Cup Organizer: Storage & Organization : Walmart.com and another one that is made of the same black covered chipboard as these CD holders Wal-Mart CD/DVD Storage, Black: Office : Walmart.com that sit in front of the drawers and I move to my table when I am working (in theory). I used to have fun pails in front of the drawers but it became a pain to keep moving them so I went with something bigger.

I'm still trying to fit all my bits and pieces in but these definitely help!
Reply With Quote Likes