Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joann's Organizer

Has anyone seen these or gotten one of these?

Organizing Essentials Creative Cut Center*: dies & accessories*: die cut machines & accessories*: scrapbooking*: Shop | Joann.com

Looks like it's a new item. This is crazy, but I got an 80% scratch off in-store coupon for next weekend in the mail. I am going tomorrow to see if my store carries this. If my luck continues, I could potentially get this unit for $40??? That seems just crazy but I hope I do!

Just wondering if there's any feedback about these yet...and hoping others got a great coupon too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I haven't seen this before but sure would LOVE to have one!! Lucky you to get 80% off, I'd buy it in a heart beat with that coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I don't have it either but would also buy it in a heartbeat. Good luck!! I'd be there when they were unlocking the door in case they only have one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

for 80%, heck yeah!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

I just bought one last week for $119 I think. The box is heavy (almost 100 lbs) so I had to remove it piece by piece from the van and it took a while to assemble, but I am happy with it so far. For 80% off, I would definately buy it! It was hard to find it in the store. I was a bit nervous as once I did find it, they only had them boxed up - no sample assembled, but I took the chance and am glad I did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

shucks, so what you are saying is i have to take hubby with me to get it, LOL. oh well, i couldn't hide it from him forever. i know it would be a steal but hubbies don't get it. he'd still be like, "you spent $40 on this?", LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
I just bought one last week for $119 I think. The box is heavy (almost 100 lbs) so I had to remove it piece by piece from the van and it took a while to assemble, but I am happy with it so far. For 80% off, I would definately buy it! It was hard to find it in the store. I was a bit nervous as once I did find it, they only had them boxed up - no sample assembled, but I took the chance and am glad I did!
so is yours together? i would love to hear about it! especially how high it is
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

I had one of their employees (a young man) get it, put it in my cart and then in my van. No way could I do it myself!

Yes, it is all assembled and almost filled up!

I am away from home for a few days, so I can't measure it for you. I will when I get home. I would estimate it is about the same height as 3 jetmax cubes. I have a 12 x 12 paper trimmer on top and it takes up about half of the top surface. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

OMG 80% off - that would make it a great buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

2 more days of waiting....come on friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Wow!!! Lucky you, my coupon is for 50% and I'm tempted!!! I was just looking on the jetmax thread and those look pretty cool, may have to do a combo of the 2!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranciView Post
Wow!!! Lucky you, my coupon is for 50% and I'm tempted!!! I was just looking on the jetmax thread and those look pretty cool, may have to do a combo of the 2!!
yeah! 50% came over the email today. still a good deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

it's official, i landed this baby for $40 today! it was the only one in town. i was joann's when the doors opened and the workers were happy for me. wow, i just used my luck for the next 5 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You lucky dog you! Yea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
shucks, so what you are saying is i have to take hubby with me to get it, LOL. oh well, i couldn't hide it from him forever. i know it would be a steal but hubbies don't get it. he'd still be like, "you spent $40 on this?", LOL!
from a marriage book:

a woman will pay $1 for a $2 item she DOESN'T need
a man will pay $2 for a $1 item he DOES need

so true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
You lucky dog you! Yea!!!
i know, i know....too lucky. thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

it's official, i landed this baby for $40 today! it was the only one in town. i was joann's when the doors opened and the workers were happy for me. wow, i just used my luck for the next 5 years.
Great job! I don't consider effective use of coupons luck, but the store actually having one was lucky! I hope you enjoy it!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks great---congrats on your new, fabulous find!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Does anyone have one of these cutting stations from Joann's? Can you tell what you think about the quality?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

i am hoping hubby will assemble mine tonight so i will be happy to report back on quality later. also curious what current owners think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

my organizer is assembled and i did it all myself, woohoo!
i will be back with a review if you all are interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

interested and subscribing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #23  
Glitter Queen

I told my husband that I need one of these!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

back with review!

i definitely am glad i got this...but glad i got it for $40. after it was put together, my hubby asked how much it retails for and couldn't believe it would have a $200 price tag. he said it's worth about $50, LOL. i say i would have paid up to $75 for it but that's tops.

first, this is definitely not the highest quality item. yes, it's sturdy. i won't worry about my preschoolers knocking it over or anything. but the drawers on it seem "fragile" for lack of a better word. i did not put items in the drawers that i need to get to everyday. i don't think they could handle everyday use. they are not on rolling tracks. the drawers are just run through slats cut into the "wood". you kind of have to jiggle them in and out carefully. i also wouldn't put heavy items in the drawers just because they would be harder to pull in and out. but they are sturdy enough to hold items i need every so often.

second, the table top is definitely high. i am 5'2" and the table top rests just under my chest if you know what i mean. i would not put my big shot up there. my cricut friends say it would be hard to work their cricut on. i also would not use my SU tabletop cutter on this. i lifted a resin table on PVC pipes and i use that for the Big Shot and paper cutter. it is the perfect height, lower than the joann's organizer. however, i have a 9" xyron machine on the joann's organizer and it's a good place for it. i don't need it often but it's out for convenient use.

i do like the hooks on the two sides. i use these for my boys' aprons right now.

as for the lifting table extension, i don't see myself using that often. it would maybe be good for extra storage like SU's accessory holder but they way my room is set up, i need to keep it down or it's like a gate into the room, LOL. i'm ok with not using it since i only paid $40 anyways.

my most favorite part of the organizer is the 12x12 slots. considering the three drawer sterilite items retail for like $25 (not considering coupons), i am very excited to have EIGHT slots for $40. to me, that was worth it. it's like the sensitive drawers and the hooks are just a bonus.

the back of the organizer was my biggest obstacle. it doesn't look finished when put together and i have it viewable in my stamp room. i just took some white paint to it to blend it in with the rest of the piece, painting screws and edges. i also attached cork board to the back so it's usable, since i can see it. but anyways, if anyone is thinking of this piece to use as an island of sorts, you would need to doctor up the back somehow or hide it. ;)

with all this said, i have other pieces of furniture in my stamp room that i am comparing this piece too. i don't have any particular preference on furniture types. i just get what's most practical for my uses. i have a kind of cheap, put together stamp table which has help up through the years. i have a resin table lifted on PVC pipes for standing work. i have a not solid wood armoire from target that i paid $200 for. i would say this item is more worth $200 than the joann's $200 item, but it can't be bought with a coupon. i got it years ago so not sure it's still around. but the one drawer is on rollers and gets pulled out a lot. there are just three shelves inside but i organize further with sterilite within the armoire. my sturdiest piece of furniture is an antique hutch that is solid wood and i paid less than $200 for, maybe $150? i'm not much of an antique girl but when i saw this and the price, i knew it was perfect for me. i've had it years and am just now thinking of painting and redoing the hardware. then it would for SURE be my favorite, most sturdy, best value for the price organizational piece in the room.

i have not gotten into the whole jet max stuff because i thought it was kind of cheaply made...no offense to those who love it. i think it looks great but just wasn't into it. i think this joann's piece matches the jet max well in look and quality probably. i'm glad i got it for a deal but i think it's my last and only piece of "jetmax-like" organizational stuff.

as opposed to the jet-max, one organizational brand i have loved that is sturdy is target's itso stuff. i have bought several of their white cubes. i can't vouch for the drawers or shelves you can add to them but i do like the cubes! they are just a very sturdy plastic.

michaels has a 50% coupon this holiday weekend. my michaels does not carry these but someone on SCS said theirs does (in GA) and it retails for $130. if you could get it half off at a michaels for $65, i say it's worth that.

overall, i think it looks nice and i love the 12x12 slots. the drawers and tabletop are good for organization and storage but not real functional in my opinion.

i hope this review helps. if you have questions on anything else, just ask. i am all about researching before buying!

Last edited by kaufeestamper; 09-05-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks so much for the review-I had seen this at a JoAnn's near me-I think marked down to $129 ...but not interested in it now-may need to make a trip to Ikea! Happy you got it for such a great price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

oooo, i don't have an ikea nearby but would love to know what they have!

joanns.com now has a few reviews posted. overall it has 3 of 5 stars. i say that's about right. you can see the reviews by using link in my first post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

I have been very happy with my purchase of this product. I stand and stamp at it. I also use it for my 12 x 12 Tonic trimmer (that's its new 'home'). I paid $129 for it and am not at all disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like this creative cut center but agree it isn't worth the original price.
I have mine in the kitchen because that is where I like to craft so I can see the kids when they play outside.

I am short too (about 5'3) but decided to put my big kick on the top shelf. It doesn't bother me. I also have the little table out all the time. I keep one of those little drawer boxes on it and a jar of ribbon scraps. Underneath it on the floor is my card stock box.
I have embellishments in the first (top) drawer, the other drawers have loose stamps (my penny blacks and clear stamps), second to last drawer has all my punches, and then on the bottom I have nesties, sizzix dies, basket full of ribbons, etc.

I will have to split up the punches because they are too heavy for the wood that is the bottom of the drawers. But other than that I really love it, I can keep everything I use on a regular basis right there in the kitchen. It's great for a small space.
Glad though I got it with my 70% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Has anyone seen these or gotten one of these?

Organizing Essentials Creative Cut Center*: dies & accessories*: die cut machines & accessories*: scrapbooking*: Shop | Joann.com

Looks like it's a new item. This is crazy, but I got an 80% scratch off in-store coupon for next weekend in the mail. I am going tomorrow to see if my store carries this. If my luck continues, I could potentially get this unit for $40??? That seems just crazy but I hope I do!

Just wondering if there's any feedback about these yet...and hoping others got a great coupon too!
Congratulations on your find!!

Did your scratch off coupon come in the mail?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

yes, it was a scratch off that came in the mail. it was for a specific weekend. none of my friends in town got one which stunk.

i'm glad others like theirs.

i agree, it is great for a small space!!! good point!

if i didn't already have a lot of work space, i'm sure i'd use the top more for working. but since i do and i am short, storage is better for the table top for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the review on this item - it looks handy with all the storage options on it

http://cuttin-up.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes