Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #41
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Jen how is your room coming along? have you been taking photos?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #42
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjen View Post
Ha ha, I read your post as 4 ft by 21 ft!. Still, 4 x 4 is a big closet in my world. I bet it's nice being able to close the door.
bad me. I forgot to put inches. sorry. It keeps me more organized at times.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #43
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Bad me, I should have known it was inches. Who heard of a closet 21 feet long?

Stacy, thanks for asking. I would take a before picture but the room looks like something out of Hoarders because everything is piled on the bed and floor. My leave starts tomorrow so I will start by doing a bin sort and getting everything in the proper room (this is part of a larger basement re-organization).

I have a plan and a layout in mind. I think by Wednesday, I will have taken enough stuff to the thrift store that I can start setting up. I haven't found the shelves I want used so will head to IKEA if they haven't magically appeared by the weekend (and I am fast enough to snatch them up).

Super excited about this much over due project and the much needed break from work. I tell myself a month without pay is cheaper than a divorce or therapy. But it will go fast so I feel good that I have a plan and can hit the ground running.

Have a great day everyone. Off to Chuck E. Cheese's for DS's fifth birthday party. Wish me luck.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #44
Glitter Queen

Default Organization. great work surface!

Here is my desk: from SAMS club

I used some store bought curtains, attached to the sides using industrial strength Velcro and the curtain on the front is actually on a tension rod with kitchen Battenberg lace panels. The desk is small measuring in at 2' X 4". It is perfect for a small work service for dies, sewing, etc., I use my two (both ordered and delivered from SAMS directly) for my every day crafting.

It is really sturdy and heavy. I hope this helps. Good luck with your crafting adventures. Please share your room progress and finished pictures with us!
Attached Thumbnails
vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #45

Oh! I like that it has wheels and a shelf on the bottom.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

Venture Horizon Delano Folding Craft Table

This is what I use and I love it! You don't have to open both leaves if you don't want to. It rolls easily on casters and the drawer is DEEP, too. It is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I use an adjustable drafting chair that I've had for years but many times I am just as comfortable standing.

As a bonus, I discovered it is exactly the right height for gift wrapping! This past Christmas was the first ever that I did not have back pain from wrapping.

Now I purchased mine several years ago, and underneath, there is a drawer. I believe I purchased it from Hayneedle but they describe it as two shelves underneath. Hmmm. I wonder if they changed the design. I love the drawer.

And it is easy to assemble, too.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #47

I can see why you like that table. What a terrific option, though I doubt I would ever fold it up, though you never know.

OK, so I am too embarrassed to show a photo of the whole room, but I will post the space I work on. It's the top of a dresser that is two feet deep. Yes, it is always this messy, so I usually only have about 2' by 2' to work on. Behind it is a full size bed that is perpetually covered in craft stuff and pretty much anything household related that I don't quite have a spot for. So the guest bed is pretty useless because it takes too long to make the room habitable. The bed is going and I will move the dresser in to the office, where my sewing table currently is.

Just scored the 4x4 IKEA Expedit cube storage for $50 off Craigslist. They are a little worn but not too bad and I had to drive 30 minutes to get them but is how far IKEA is anyway. Worth the $100 I saved! Off to a good start, I'd say.
Attached Thumbnails
img_7537.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #48
Vintage Vixen

OMG--Super Jen! Your room sounds like mine! It's 1/4 of the basement, multi-purpose, and is stuffed full! It contains: 4 piece bedroom suite that was my grandparents' (full-sized bed, chest of drawers, double pedestal mirrored vanity dresser, and stool to match vanity); part of an old desk that serves as a night stand; another mirrored dresser from a 1960s bedroom suite; another huge, 9-drawer dresser from ???; shelves for storage; a club chair with ottoman; and my craft table.

Half the time the bed serves as another "craft table."

Our basement got rain water in it on March 10. And this room had OLD orange shag carpeting in it with a foam rubber backing. It had to be removed. So everything got moved or moved out so we could remove the carpeting and get everything dry. I'm slowly working on getting everything back in--but not before I sort through and organize stuff. We also installed the 2 new shelving units for storage, painted, and made new valances for the windows. The room has looked better than it has in years, but it's been quite a job!

For my craft table I'm using a 2x4 melamine shelf (which I already had) over 4 organizer units (purchased new).

Here are pictures from last night--my "work in progress." See the mirrored dresser to the right? On top is my 12x12 paper and a small stereo. All of the drawers are full of craft stuff. LOL

craft-table-progress.jpg

new-craft-table-left-side.jpg

mess-bed.jpg

If I get the room done shortly (while this thread is still active), I'll post pictures of the finished project.

Last edited by missiowa81; 04-22-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
Vintage Vixen

P.S. I also have a TV about the same size/age as yours. They take up so much room compared to the flat screens, don't they???
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #50
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post

For my craft table I'm using a 2x4 MDF shelf (which I already had) over 4 organizer units (purchased new).

Here are pictures from last night--my "work in progress." See the mirrored dresser to the right? On top is my 12x12 paper and a small stereo. All of the drawers are full of craft stuff. LOL

If I get the room done shortly (while this thread is still active), I'll post pictures of the finished project.
OOOOHH, were did you get the 4 organizer units?? I think they may be what I am looking for. Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #51
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Littler View Post
OOOOHH, were did you get the 4 organizer units?? I think they may be what I am looking for. Thanks
I got them at Menards (a home improvement store similar to Lowe's or Home Depot). $20 each, 2 adjustable shelves each. Easy to assemble.

I think even Target and Walmart have units like this. It's just particle board, but once assembled they're pretty sturdy. And with the table top, they are the perfect height (desk height, about 31 inches). They're not quite 12" wide so you cannot put 12x12 paper in them. But a lot of other stuff fits in them. LOL

I already had a boatload of the plastic Sterilite bins--I bought extra last summer when we got a new storage cabinet for my home office. They're very handy and they fit perfectly in the new organizer units to act like drawers.

Last edited by missiowa81; 04-22-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #52
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh you shouldn't be embarrassed!!! I used to stamp on an old small dining room buffet cabinet that was too low and had two drawers and doors underneath - so I could never sit down, except "side saddle." It was only 18" deep and maybe 36" across. And I used the bed as a supplemental surface, too.

With the Delano folding table, I pretty much leave one leaf up at all times. In the future, I'll probably have more space and the option to use the other leaf, too. What is very helpful to me is that I can drop that leaf if I need to and even roll the table out of the way. If we do have guests (yes mine is in the guest room), it becomes a handy surface for them to use.

Hope you find the perfect solution!
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #53
Proud Fan Club Member

Default my craft closet

I have mentioned that I have a 4 foot by 21 inch work space. I am attaching some pictures of my craft closet. I have another kitchen organizer on the right side. My stool a junk store find. I have several 3 drawer units on the shelves with stamps and supplies as well as the rolling carts under. some of my stamps are stored in the photo albums. I have an old record cabinet behind me for some of my papers and BS and GC.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1971.jpg   img_1972.jpg   img_1973.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #54
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Littler View Post
Target does carry them, too. Walmart used to, but I haven't been able to find them there for quite a while. I bought mine at Valu Home Center on sale for $15 each. They come in several finishes, too, if you don't want white (mine are cherry).

Just as another option to the bins used in the photos above, I have THESE in mine - they fit perfectly! These drawer units are a bit deeper than the shelves, but my shelves are out a bit from the wall anyway, to accommodate the baseboard, so it's not an issue..

I also have all of my stamps, which are in 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" binders, on these shelves, and they fit very well. I can fit six binders on each shelf.

Right now they are all lined up against a wall with other things on top of them, but I plan to move my big table out (it will move into our newly-remodeled kitchen after it gets a facelift) and use these shelves to support a melamine panel, similar to several of the other ideas referred to above.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #55

Loving the photos, ladies. Thanks for sharing.

Orange shag carpeting takes me back!!! Even though the flood was a pain, I bet you will be happy to update that. I need flooring too but that is another, larger project for a different time. Please do post photos of the finished project.

And, yes, that TV is old. It is going away because the DVD only seems to play my Lethal Weapon DVDs. There are four and that is a lot of crafting hours but during the Hope You Can Cling To challenges, let's just say they outwore their welcome. I have a boombox I will use and catch up with some of my old musical friends.

prariecrafter, your closet is amazing. It's like your own homemade scrapbox! Love it!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #56

Making great progress moving the pieces. The supplies will be next week.

I have camping on the brain this weekend so tomorrow will be gathering all that. We didn't get camping but once last summer so I'm very eager and know May will be unavailable for camping so it's now or wait until June.

Just have to figure where to go. Southern Utah for sure, it's too cold to head to the mountains but we are late to plan so reservations aren't possible and I don't want to drive around for hours looking for a spot.
Attached Thumbnails
img_7537.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #57
Crimping Master

How nice! A month long, nice needed, relaxation period. Wow!

I am loving my stamping space. I have two areas that I primarily use. I love my craft table and my countertop space. I put both to nice use with storage. Sure I have to move around, but that's good for us right?

Desk is 33 3/4" tall, table top is 38 3/4" x 56 3/4"

My desk holds the white lazy susan that you see and on the other side, my ink pad storage system from SU and the small turntable that we built for that.

Enjoy your new room. We all deserve one!!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=52100

http://lattesstampsandeverythingelse.blogspot.com
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #58

Thanks so much for the links and the PM. Love your room. Looks divine!

I have the big stuff all set up, now down to organizing the little bits. I did ribbon today and am happy with that solution. Now thinking about dies. But the weekend approaches and I get little me time when the kids are home so I might not get in there until Monday.

On the other hand, the office is awesome! I spent all day in there yesterday and except for a few small bits, it's done and FABULOUS. Of course, lots less to organize in there and I shredded a LOT of paper.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #59
Chat Box Hippy Chick

OK - haven't read this whole thread, but I agree 2ft is not enough. I have IKEA desk and it's 30" IMO it's perfect. sitting I can JUST reach the wall with my fingertips.
I also have things on top always and some little drawers on top as well that I can reach easily.
I would have gotten the longer length, had I room for it.

filing horizontally, if that referring to the status of my desktop

I JUST took this pic, so no touchups.
Attached Thumbnails
cardshots-174.jpg  
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #60
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Quote:
I am a huge thrift store shopper but they are really terrible here. My theory is that here families are large and are started young. Cast offs usually have a welcome home within the family. I was looking at IKEA because they do have adjustable table legs that go to 36". But their super inexpensive table tops are not very deep. Just wondering if I would regret being cheap in this situation.

I want to keep my big desk for cutting and sewing (clutter free) for sure.

I will be happy to share but just know that the end result will be more functional than stylish. There will be no color scheme and I will use what I already have whether it matches or not as long as it functions as I want it too!

Thanks for the advice, ladies.
good luck with that
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #61
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Quote:
Hee hee! I resemble that remark. I'm hoping once I'm organized, cleaning up will be easier. As they say, clean up is part of play.prariecrafter, a actual closet! Sounds like a big closet though!
really? people say this?
ROFL
RiverRat likes this post.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #62
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Quote:
I can see why you like that table. What a terrific option, though I doubt I would ever fold it up, though you never know.

OK, so I am too embarrassed to show a photo of the whole room, but I will post the space I work on. It's the top of a dresser that is two feet deep. Yes, it is always this messy, so I usually only have about 2' by 2' to work on. Behind it is a full size bed that is perpetually covered in craft stuff and pretty much anything household related that I don't quite have a spot for. So the guest bed is pretty useless because it takes too long to make the room habitable. The bed is going and I will move the dresser in to the office, where my sewing table currently is.

Just scored the 4x4 IKEA Expedit cube storage for $50 off Craigslist. They are a little worn but not too bad and I had to drive 30 minutes to get them but is how far IKEA is anyway. Worth the $100 I saved! Off to a good start, I'd say.
Great Score!

and the drafting table you got sounds awesome too!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #63
Mad Swapper

leibety, thats the table top I have, though I went with white. I posted the image on the previous page. And the drawers underneath- they are fantastic, aren't they? Best drawers I've ever found. I love how they come out so far, and hold so much.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #64

Thanks for chiming in Leigh Anne. The drafting table is just the right size (30" deep) but it's just too wobbly on my carpet. The thing is quite old so I don't know if that's the problem or if it's the carpet. I love the look of those drawers but the way I have the room configured don't think I will have a spot for them. Will try to take a photo today of the progress.

Thanks for not cleaning up first, Leigh Anne! I know I am not going to keep my sewing desk clean of clutter but I can dream!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I more or less got the office perfected last week so started in on the craft room. I've decided on ribbon storage and how I want to organize my dies after thinking on it for a day or two. The one I'm dreading is "embellishments" - need to hit Pinterest again. I got some great ideas from fionna's board last week, just need another cup of coffee to figure out what they were...
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #65

Oh, PS, for ribbon, I got this box from IKEA:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70102972/

with this insert (and a lid):

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50102973/

The spooled ribbon fits in the insert nicely, all but the largest SU! rolls and the loose ribbon sits in the bin below. I have a lot of ribbon so divided it out and have one box of ROY.G.BIV and the other of neutrals, which includes lace but in a ziploc baggie in the below compartment since when I want lace, I want lace and when I don't, well I don't.
I have some to pare down since believe it or not they don't all fit in two boxes. (I have a bunch of sewing type fibers from when I was primarily a sewing craft junkie and they are all co-mingled).
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #66
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikes View Post
How nice! A month long, nice needed, relaxation period. Wow!

I am loving my stamping space. I have two areas that I primarily use. I love my craft table and my countertop space. I put both to nice use with storage. Sure I have to move around, but that's good for us right?

Desk is 33 3/4" tall, table top is 38 3/4" x 56 3/4"

My desk holds the white lazy susan that you see and on the other side, my ink pad storage system from SU and the small turntable that we built for that.

Enjoy your new room. We all deserve one!

Your room looks like what I'm aiming for - very streamlined, clean, and clutter-free. Understand that I have NO illusions - for me OR you - that it always stays that way I haven't made anything for ages because I'm so busy purging and re-configuring and all of that, plus finishing up the stamp organization/indexing project, plus remodeling our kitchen! The kitchen is almost done, I've removed three pieces of furniture and several plastic drawer units from my craft space, and all but the Halloween stamps are in binders and indexed, so I can see light at the end of this tunnel (hope it's not another *%@! train...). Thanks for sharing your pics. The table on top of the shelving units like you have (and others have shared) is next up for me!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #67

OK, so I think I have the size down. Now I am wrestling with height. Does anyone have a standing work table? I'm up and down so much I think I would prefer this. I can alway sit at the sewing table (since it will NEVER be cluttered up with stuff ) when I have long projects. But I am going back and forth on height. Kitchen counter height? Taller? I talked with a lady in line at IKEA yesterday who was a florist. I said "That's standing work, right? How tall are the counters? She said 44" which seems way too tall to me. But she assured me that I would never regret it. Too bad her flower shop was in Orem or I'd have gone by to look.

Any opinions? Experience? The only reason it's really an issue is that the IKEA table legs that go to 35" are $15 each and the ones that go taller are $30 each.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #68
Watercolor Wizard

I find that kitchen counter height (35") is comfortable for me, so I probably wouldn't go any higher than that. I can see that the extra height would be helpful for a florist, who has to view the arrangements from all angles, so it would be closer to eye level for her. We need to look down a bit to see what/where we're stamping/coloring/adhering, so I'm thinking that 44" would be difficult to do that. Don't know if that helps you, but those are my thoughts...

Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #69

44" would be good for a laptop station, but I agree too tall from what I need. My gut tells me that I'l like something around 38" but I don't know that it's worth $60 extra. I mean, I'm not doing this all day long. I'm luck to get an hour, know what I mean?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #70
Vintage Vixen

I think in part the table height (to work while standing) depends on YOUR height, too. For example, I'm almost 6 feet tall; what would be comfortable and optimal for me would be quite different for someone who is 5'2". KWIM?

You may not know the optimal height until you actually have a chance to test it out. Are the Ikea legs adjustable?

Last edited by missiowa81; 05-07-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #71
Glitter Guru

I think my craft room is 10X10, it also doubles as my dogs home when I am at work. I bought bottom cabinets at the Habitat for Humanity Re-store. Took them home sanded and repainted them. For the countertop I bought smooth MDF and glued a laminate countertop over. Lowe's is the only place that stocks the laminate sheets to take home same day. Home Depot has them but you have to order. We did have to nail supports underneath in some spots to support the weight of the countertop.

I happened to get lucky and found one cabinet that still had the wood cutting board in it. Great for using the hot glue gun or heat gun. The drawers are pretty deep for storage and I bought plastic storage boxes at the dollar store to go inside.

I can stand comfortably at the height my counter is, its a little tall but I am only 5ft on a good day.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
I think in part the table height (to work while standing) depends on YOUR height, too. For example, I'm almost 6 feet tall; what would be comfortable and optimal for me would be quite different for someone who is 5'2". KWIM?

You may not know the optimal height until you actually have a chance to test it out. Are the Ikea legs adjustable?
Sure, relevant point, my DH is 6'4" so I know all about how extra height can change things (don't get me started on our shower). I'm average height (5' 6") so thought it might be a generic enough question. The IKEA legs are adjustable but I don't want to spend $60 extra if I don't need it. I suspect 36" will be just fine. I've worked at a kitchen counter often enough that it's at least a close enough answer. Like I said, I'm not going to be there 8 hours a day, which would be a completely different situation. I'm just over-thinking it, as usual.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #73
Vintage Vixen

I often use the top of my dryer for stuff. It's almost 37 inches tall (measured it just for this post ) which is perfect for me standing up to work.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #74
Vintage Vixen

P.S. I don't think you're over-thinking it. You're spending money, so you want to spend it wisely and get what's right. If it ends up not working well for you, you'll either be cursing about it, not using it, or end up spending more money to buy something else. (Well, *I* would be cursing and probably spending more money. LOL)

Even if you're not using it 8 hours a day, it is important that it work well for you. Go ahead and think.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #75

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #76
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Jen I am 5'9" and the folding costco table the legs are adjustable and I think they are at 36" so this gives me a better perspective on getting things straight ( I think ) because, every time I tried to do things ( scrap or stamp ) gluing things sitting I had them on a slant..

so, I am guessing that the 35 would work for you. ( can you check your kitchen counters and try seeing what you think from that perspective before you decide?) take your tape measure in there. ( most houses are at 36 I think ) unless you guys did taller ones for your husband?

ETA I work on an fabric self healing mat from friskars that has 1" grids on it, because I use an Exacto knife a bit and it helps with the getting things square without really thinking too hard thing too.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #77
Mad Swapper

Hi Jen, my one table is 34" from floor to top surface. I am 5'7", so this is roughly waist height, which is an easy level to work at, without bending. 44" would be chest level on me, so I'd think way to high to work comfortably at, it would make your arms ache, I'm sure.I have two other tables with standard Ikea legs, whci are a comfortable sitting height for working- 29" to the working surface from the floor. Do you intend to have your table free-standing in the middle of the room, or against a wall? I ask because I had to get the expensive Ikea extending legs for my taller table, as I had some storage drawers I wanted to go underneath. But like you I baulked at the cost of all the legs I'd need. Solution? I bought two extending legs for the front, and Beloved Hubby bracketed the back of the table to the wall.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #78

No, kitchen came with the house, so they are standard 36" and since he doesn't do the cooking, they wouldn't be custom anyway. I'm leaning toward 36" because I do often craft at the kitchen counter (because usually the second I sit down, my kids' ESP kicks in and they start bugging me) and that hasn't been a problem. Stacy, I am certain you craft more than I do so if it hasn't started bugging you yet, it likely won't bug me either.

I like the idea of the cutting mat on the surface of the table, mine is really old and a little warped so I could put the warped end toward the back and get a new one for sewing. I don't like thinking too hard so the grid would help there .

My table will be against a wall but it's in the basement and it's an exterior wall. Solid concrete, baby, inpenetrable for mere mortals so I'd rather just buy whatever legs I need then spend a ton of time trying to drill in to the wall and saying a bunch of bad words in the process. But I love that idea.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #79
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

was just checking to see if you had the "after" pictures posted... and I have not been crafting much the last month only needed things, has been way too hot to consider being upstairs ( above the garage ) so, the deal has been struck that an AC will be built into the wall up there for that space when the front of the garage is extended ( probably next year ) but, its a better compromise than the swamp cooler thing we have now that just makes the room warm and muggy
Old 06-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #80

Thanks for checking!

Swamp coolers work well here in the desert but they are not really a substitute for good ol' A/C! But my room is in the basement so I have the opposite problem in the winter. Though if I keep the door closed, it's not too bad.

I should post the "here and now" photo. You would laugh. I got a LOT done on my leave. All the bits and pieces sorted and organized (except the stamps) but the table I had planned around didn't work. Found one I like on Craigslist for $25 but it won't fit in the space I left for it which means.... I need to rearrange the furniture which means... I need to take a bunch of stuff out of the room, move the furniture, and put it all back in. I think if I hustle, I could do it in half a day. But since I've been back to work, I have spent about 1 hour down there. The spirit is willing but the flesh is busy and tired.

The in-laws are here. If I'm lucky, they will take the kids someplace and perhaps I can tear through it. But they've never done that on any of their other trips so while DH is optimistic, I think he's delusional.

For those keeping score, the table is a plain IKEA one. Top is 30" by 4' and has the legs that extend up to 36". Those legs cost $15 each new so the $25 was a good price even if I had to drive 40 minutes each way to get it.