Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
Crimping Master

My crafting area (dining area of my not so formal living room) is also a hodge podge. I picked up a small 3 foot table from a lss that went out of business (i believe it is from IKEA). It's smaller than the desk I had before but fits my space nicely with a standard 2 drawer file cabinet on the left for my 8 1/2 x 11 CS and the right holds 2 cheapy nightstands stacked together for storing office supplies. My laptop and desktop caddy fit on the "desk". Above it I have a large bulletin board for a calendar and some of my art and to the left of that 2 Bygel rails with my whaletail punches. To the right above the nightstand shelving is an old cassette tape rack that holds my inkpads. Behind me is a 6 foot folding table that I use for my worksurface. It's not ideal but sturdy enough for stamping and it can be moved when I want my room to look less cluttered. Lastly on the wall under my staircase is a set of old kitchen cabinets that I found in the garage of a house we bought as a rental property. They are nicer than my actual kitchen cabinets the have 2 large deep drawers on the left and pull out shelves on the right. there is a narrow drawer on the top of both units and they are topped with a solid piece of wood. I have stair stepped my white target cubes on top of it to hold albums and embellies but my DH hates how it looks. I will take that set of cabinets wherever I go. The pull out shelves are perfect for my big shot to hide in without getting bumped off a counter and I hope to repurpose the deep drawers in it for stamp storage as they are in baskets in a smaller bookcase under the worktable. Most importantly, and I think most of you will agree, your crafting space is ALWAYS a work in progress and as long as you enjoy creating in it that's all you can hope for. Enjoy your special space.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Glitter Guru

I've thought about driving to a nearby IKEA in Cincinnati, but I'm not sure if I could even fit the stuff in my van. Hmm.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
I've thought about driving to a nearby IKEA in Cincinnati, but I'm not sure if I could even fit the stuff in my van. Hmm.
We've got a Traverse and with all but the two front seats down, we managed to fit the boxes in. I'm actually headed to Cincy on Tues. to buy a few things at IKEA and checkout Stamp Your Art Out's going out of business sale.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #44
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
We've got a Traverse and with all but the two front seats down, we managed to fit the boxes in. I'm actually headed to Cincy on Tues. to buy a few things at IKEA and checkout Stamp Your Art Out's going out of business sale.
After some careful measuring, I'm pretty sure I can get it in my van, too. I'm thinking a roadtrip will be in my future! (I'm also in the Indy area).

So tell me...what are you hoping to find at Ikea?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
Glitter Queen

I just recently redid my craft room. I bought four Billy bookcases at Ikea. Two 11" deep by 15 3/8" wide and two 15 3/8" deep by 32" wide (approx.) They complete a wall that also has two white basic door cabinets from Walmart. I am still organizing and putting away, but it will be so nice to get some of the stuff off my workspace. I have two hobbies, papercrafting and quilting. My old system didn't have enough space for both. I will try to post a photo when it is finished. I love it!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to dawnat

Check out Craigslist in your local area! I got the 4x4 (16 cube) white Expedit for $50 and 1 long Vika table (74 inches) with a cabinet on one side and a drawer unit on the other and a 59 inch Vika with the legs all for $90! I saved sooo much money. Now looking for a bookshelf.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

I love my expedit desk! I splurged and got the big one! My boyfriend hates it but oh well, it was here before him, it'll be here after him!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

I also LOOOOVE IKEA for craft organization. I am getting my craft room together and bought a bunch from IKEA. The last thing I got that I have been waiting for quite a while as they constantly run out is a cute little 3 bin metal cart on wheels. Easy to put together and you can roll it into a corner when done stamping and pull it over when needed. I was very excited when they actually had some in stock. Forgot to take a pic of it. I'll post when my room is closer to being complete.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #49
Compulsive Stamper

I think we all wish we had a massive room with unlimited budgets!

I unfortunately have a small room and limited funds so my luxury item was the large EXPEDIT unit in white and I LOVE IT, {just wish I had more funds for some of the lovely baskets to fit in it!} I also have 2 of the ALEX draw units but I was lucky enough to get them both together on ebay for less than the cost of one, and they were in really good condition too, so it's worth looking if you don't mind second hand.
Oh yeah and the BYGLE Bars for punches and BYGLE Baskets are total must too for all sorts.
Oops i almost forgot, if you like jars you can't forget the mini RAJTAN set of 4, Perfect for buttons and trinkets.
OH I LOVE IKEA

I hope you have fun designing and fitting out your room x

Last edited by Minxy; 12-27-2012 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: i missed something out
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #50
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
I think we all wish we had a massive room with unlimited budgets!

I unfortunately have a small room and limited funds so my luxury item was the large EXPEDIT unit in white and I LOVE IT, {just wish I had more funds for some of the lovely baskets to fit in it!} I also have 2 of the ALEX draw units but I was lucky enough to get them both together on ebay for less than the cost of one, and they were in really good condition too, so it's worth looking if you don't mind second hand.
Oh yeah and the BYGLE Bars for punches and BYGLE Baskets are total must too for all sorts.
Oops i almost forgot, if you like jars you can't forget the mini RAJTAN set of 4, Perfect for buttons and trinkets.
OH I LOVE IKEA

I hope you have fun designing and fitting out your room x
You are right about those bars for punches. I saw pic from others and looks great. Haven't gotten to putting them up yet. Great idea with jars for butons and trinkets. Will remember that.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
After some careful measuring, I'm pretty sure I can get it in my van, too. I'm thinking a roadtrip will be in my future! (I'm also in the Indy area).

So tell me...what are you hoping to find at Ikea?
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I haven't been on SC for a couple of months due to moving and the holidays.

As for IKEA, I went for a dresser for our guest room, a table for my classroom, and a couple of odds and ends.

I also got a a lot of stuff at Stamp Your Art Out's going out of business sale. I was hoping to get one of their stamp shelves but they were all sold. So sad to see it go.