Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSP organizing and storing

I've been a SU demo for 6 yrs now, so can I just tell you how much paper I've collected (that I don't use, ever)? I'm moving my craft room to another room in the house and I'm trying desperately to re-organize and build my dream room. I keep all my 12x12'current colors on open shelves (jetmax cubes) by color family. Then my 8 1/2" x 11" is in sterlite drawers, 4 colors per drawer and labeled. Then, my current DSP is in hanging folders (jetmax cube). Now, all my retired DSP is in the plastic 12x12 storage that SU used to sell (I think 8 or 9 total). There's no rhyme or reason, it's just in there, most still in the plastic sleeve to keep the packs together. Problem is - I never sort through and look at the retired stuff!!

How do you store your DSP? I don't know if I can bring myself to cut it all down to 6x6. Do you keep it by package? Color? Theme?

TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently tried to re-organize my 12 x 12. I didn't want to cut it down either, since I make notebooks and such and need sheets bigger than 6 x6. I bought a bunch of 12 x 12 paper holders (the 3 ring binder type than you use in scrapbooks (very flimsy) plastic envelopes with a button closure that you can find at Michaels (but the button closure gets in the way of pulling them in and out easily) and some from cropper hopper). My favorite is the cropper hopper. They are stiffer plastic and have a little tab at the top.

I sorted mine by theme (birthday, fall, Christmas etc) then non-theme paper I sorted by colors the best I could. I did keep my SU DSP packs together, and just sorted the package with the color I thought best, that way I know all that paper will match. I have my blue-greens together since I love that combo, pinks, purples and reds etc. I store them all in a 4 slot Jetmax cube that I have set up so the paper is standing up so I can pull each pocket out easily, instead of having them sit on top of each other. It is not perfect, a work in progress if you will, but that gives you something to start with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I have mine in hanging files in a JetMax cube - one paper pack per folder - and the name of the paper pack on the tab. Christmas are together, everything else is alphabetical. I need to go in and note which colors are in each pack so I can put things together more easily. I almost never need 12" paper, and have cut most of mine down to 8 1/2" x 12" (still fits in letter-size file folders) and have them in a regular filing cabinet (organized by color/theme), but I can't seem to bring myself to do that with my Stampin'Up! papers - go figure...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the "Rolling Rack" from paperwishes.com, and lots of their 12x12 hanging folders.
I keep this under my stamping table. It is short enough that I can roll it in and out. I organized my papers mostly by color, and then some by holiday. I use them more now that I can reach in and just grab.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a post on my blog that showed my DSP organziation....it is working perfectly!!!

3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: Do you hoard your Designer Series Paper??? Great storage idea for Scrapbooking paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I either store my patterned paper together by collection, or if it is loose paper, I store it by theme. Example, all Christmas paper together, all Summer paper together, etc.

I'm just now changing over to a slatwall in my scrap room so I decided to get paper trays for my cardstock and patterned paper. I was storing them in homemade paper sorters that I made from boxes.

(Trying to add some photos)

The details are here: Scrapmaster's Paradise: Organize your Scrap Space Mini Series: Slatwall

Here's a video of the boxes I made. Scrapmaster's Paradise: Video: DIY Paper Storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I keep my SU in the 12x12 SU cases and these are stored in JetMax cubes by my work station. The paper is sorted by color or by DSP name. I keep my SU separate for demo purposes.

My non-SU 12x12 paper is stored in Display Dynamic trays by color with a divider between solids and prints. If the paper is duplex I picked the predominate color or the color I like the best.

I do have a couple of separate trays for "specialty" papers (boys - I have 2 grandsons), words, die cut sheets of letters, butterflies, etc.).

This type of sorting works well for me because I think in colors when looking for supplies. It would drive me crazy and waste huge amounts of time if I stored by company other than SU. I can never remember if it's Basic Grey or BoBunny that has that great yellow
Reply With Quote Likes