Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimensions of Large Insert for SU! Large Die Box?

I was wondering if anyone here has a Large Insert for the Large Die Box by SU! and they could tell me the measurements of either? Unfortunately the website nor the catalog offer dimensions. I'm wondering if I can use the insert in boxes I already own. Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered this thinking I'd do this same exact thing, use a box I already had. Turns out, that was easier said than done in my case. It didn't fit, the box that I had that was wide enough to fit the insert, wasn't long enough to fit the length of the long dies, and the box long enough to fit the length of the dies, wasn't wide enough to fit the insert. Pooh! I ended up just setting it on my shelf and using it that way. Not my perfect solution, but for the few dies I have so far, it's working. I may have my dad build me a wood box around the dimensions of the inserts. Can't help but think now, wouldn't it have been so much easier to just buy the container that SU already has all figured out for us? I know it seems to be pricey, but if I figure the cost of my time and aggravation, I'd probably be ahead just buying the container. I agree, it would have been nice to have the dimensions of the insert and box in the catalog. I know it would have saved me the trouble of ordering something that wouldn't work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry, I forgot to give you the dimensions of the insert, my bad! It measures 4 7/8" x 8 1/2. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not able to give you the dimensions but I have the inserts which I used in a Container Store drawer system. However, if I'm remembering correctly, there is no raised part on the outer edges to keep the dies standing. So I'm thinking the boxes might be a little bit bigger than the dimensions given, in order to accommodate the width of the die cuts on the outer sections. Hope that makes sense.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes