Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 08-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #41
Matboard Maniac

Default thanks so much

I realize it's going to be a big job at first, but hoping to get it all in an easy to find/store manner. With over 4000 regular stamps and at least 400 SU sets, this needs to be done. Will purge first. Originally stored in a small tote (haha), moved to the 11x14 or 16x20 acrylic box frames, and then to pizza boxes. But need to cut out all that extra space and I think this is going to be THE WAY to do it. I've already got the pockets, laminator, and of course stamps. Five minutes before seeing your post (decided to do one more look at different ways to store), we were ready to order 100 DVD boxes. thank so much!,
Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
My preference is #2. After unmounting my collection of wood stamps, they have been incorporated into the same storage system as my acrylic/plastic stamps. Using the Evernote app, I keep a running inventory of all my stamps. This system works great for me.

When I purchase new stamps (wood mounted or otherwise) they immediately get cataloged and put into the system. Fair warning, it was pretty costly and time consuming to set up, but it saves me SO MUCH time and space this way.
Unread 08-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #42
Matboard Maniac

Kari,
What brand are these drawers? Size? I looked for the question part of your post ("preference #2) to see if I could figure it out, but could not. Also, what type of sleeves are your stamps stored in? It looks as if there is a stamped cover sheet of the set itself, then in an envelope sleeve, then in a box/bin, then in a drawer. Can you give me specifics? I have got to do something with my jillion and one stamps and I need to have a plan before I start taking them off blocks. I am going to bare rubber unless they are clear/cling SU stamps in DVD cases already, or photopolymer.
Thank you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 08-13-2017, 04:13 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Default Drawers

The drawers are Sterlite and the unit is about 24-28 inches tall. I got it at Walmart several years ago. They still have them.
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #44
Matboard Maniac

Thank you. I have two sets of these drawers, but they won't hold two shoe boxes, so perhaps your units are wider than mine. Mine are 24" tall, but only 12" or so wide. What about the plastic sleeves the stamps are in, as well as the boxes? At first I thought they were photo boxes because of the label holder, but some don't have that and they do not look as wide as a photo box. Some look as if they are cardboard shoe boxes. This looks like a set-up that will work for me without a great expense, so if you can help me figure it out, or if it is on another post, please direct me. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by brookskaren; 08-13-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Default Envelopes

Sorry! I get the poly envelopes from my Close to my Heart lady. They sell empty envelopes for 6x6 papers or pads in 3-packs. The work perfectly in my system.