Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
Rubber Obsessor

Default TnP

Hi All;
I am considering unmounting the wood sets that I have and I had a question - is there a glue (like TIOO) that you can put on the rubber itself, instead of gumming up your blocks? I am thinking I want to go bare-rubber, but I was hoping to make the rubber sticky. would this work? Thanks for any input!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #42
Cardstock Collector

I just finished unmounting my stamps earlier this week. I didn't have very many, but I store my stamps in CD cases in my old CD carousel and I have saved shelf space by unmounting the ones I had. Don't think I'll regret it either.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalia Disa View Post
Hi All;
I am considering unmounting the wood sets that I have and I had a question - is there a glue (like TIOO) that you can put on the rubber itself, instead of gumming up your blocks? I am thinking I want to go bare-rubber, but I was hoping to make the rubber sticky. would this work? Thanks for any input!
I use Sailor 2-in-1 Glue on my bare rubber, others use thinned-down TIOO. I store them on laminated cardstock sheets (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") and put them in page protectors in binders. (Pic attached)

Note: I've never ordered from the website I linked to above - I was just looking for a picture of the item that I use, and that's where I found it. I got mine from a stamp expo a few years ago...
Attached Thumbnails
dscf5075.jpg  

Old 03-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #44
ck1
Embossing Fanatic

Sue,

I love the way you have your stamps (bare). I have a question that hopefully you can answer. Can I put the image on the bare stamp like I would say a stamp from SU? Do you know what I mean? Would that work? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
Sue,

I love the way you have your stamps (bare). I have a question that hopefully you can answer. Can I put the image on the bare stamp like I would say a stamp from SU? Do you know what I mean? Would that work? Thanks in advance.
When I first started unmounting my stamps I took the stickers from the wood block and stuck them to the rubber, then added the glue. What I found was that - sooner or later - the sticker would stay stuck to the storage panel (or the acrylic block I was using), and the rubber peeled off. Sometimes just part of the sticker was left behind, sometimes the whole thing peeled off. Since I eventually ended up peeling the rest of the sticker off and putting glue on the rubber, anyway, I just opted to not even bother with the stickers for the stamps I've done since... Totally a personal call on whether it's worth it to you, though

Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #46
ck1
Embossing Fanatic

Sue,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am really thinking of going bare, I am going to be downsizing and I am gonna need to consolidate as much as possible. Love your binders. Thanks again.
CK1
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #47
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
Sue,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am really thinking of going bare, I am going to be downsizing and I am gonna need to consolidate as much as possible. Love your binders. Thanks again.
CK1
You're so welcome! I can't take full credit for the idea, though. I've followed a lot of threads here and it's kind of a hybrid method that I based off of the one fionna51 uses (I'm too lazy to go find the thread, sorry...) Consolidation is EXACTLY the reason that I went all unmounted and put everything in binders. I have 470+ stamp sets and quite a few single stamps in 36 binders, total. The other really happy thing is that the binders fit very well on THESE SHELVES - six on a shelf - so you only need two of these units to happily house a fairly large stamp collection! (That's how many I'm currently using)

Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #48
Kookie Creator

No regrets here! I unmounted mine a while back and stored them in CD cases I got from Big Lots. It took a while but so well worth all the space I had for more new goodies! Now if I can just figure out how to downsize my paper collection....
Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #49
Insane Embellisher

The space saved is truly amazing. And the clear mount sets are at least 25% cheaper than wood sets. I do still have a few sets on wood, especially the old 2 step sets like Trendy Trees.
I figured if I hadn't unmounted I'd have had to buy at least 5 more Sterlite 3 drawer units or something even larger to store them. Now I can usually get 2-3 or even more sets in one DVD case, and I haven't had to buy any additional storage units.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #50
Polyshrink Goddess

I unmounted all my sets a few years back and I don't regret that I unmounted; I regret how I unmounted.

When I unmounted my wood sets I mounted each stamp on cling mount foam,
Next I sprayed Krylon's Tacky spray onto the foam
(it's like the sticky on a post-it note but in canned spray form!)

With SU! clear stamps I just placed the image sticker on the cling foam, then lightly sprayed with the Krylon Tacky spray. I still have the rest of the can of tacky spray and I think I did over 50 sets!

Nowadays, I've seen people apply thin clear vinyl to the clear block then they just pop the clear mount stamp on the block and stamp away. Much neater and cleaner to work with. I might just go back and use some Orange adhesive remover and remove the tacky spray from the backs of my clear mount stamps and just go with the vinyl on block approach!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #51
Glitter Queen

so I take it ya'll are not attached to having the image on the stamp as much as you are having the extra space? I haven't tried the naked rubber thing - I already was shocking my aunts because I wasn't putting the stickers on the new stamps - I told them they cling a lot better to the blocks without the stickers - you would have thought I was ruining my stamps! They can't use theirs without the sitckers..... I was about to buy the rubber for the wooden stamps I'm about to unmount - other than space, what's the advantage to naked rubber vs a little foam??
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, extra space is very, very important for me right now. I see lots of moving around in my future. But besides that, I have since realized that unmounted stamps are sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier to take with me to other stampers' homes!!! AND, I can reach everything WITHOUT moving from my seat!!! (before, I would have to get up and walk over to a set of drawers and rummage around. Not anymore. They all fit within arm's length of the chair.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #53
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I attempted to use the binders but quickly found I didn't like the inability to "shop" like I used to do with my CD Cases, sadly I out grew my 6 ft shelves and CD case method which I LOVED... Fhionna51 had a great idea that I modified to fit my likes... I use the storage panels and make my own (another Fhionna51 tip), I then house them in 31 bags that I buy from my local "dealer" This allows me to flip through the panels, I have the panels organized by company and the companies are in alpha order...

Here is a picture...

craft-boxes.jpg
Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #54
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
I attempted to use the binders but quickly found I didn't like the inability to "shop" like I used to do with my CD Cases, sadly I out grew my 6 ft shelves and CD case method which I LOVED... Fhionna51 had a great idea that I modified to fit my likes... I use the storage panels and make my own (another Fhionna51 tip), I then house them in 31 bags that I buy from my local "dealer" This allows me to flip through the panels, I have the panels organized by company and the companies are in alpha order...

Here is a picture...

Attachment 273591
This is a PERFECT example of why there's never a One-Size-Fits-All approach to storage/organization (or anything else, for that matter)! I went to binders (smaller 5 1/2" x 8 1/2") because I HATED flipping through panels like you have! I much prefer flipping the pages of my binders - it's sort of like looking through a catalog. My binders are organized the same way as yours, though - by company and in alpha order... That's one thing (of the many) that I love about these forums - you can get a billion different ideas to test-drive until you find the one that works for you!

By the way - my system is a modification of Diane's (fionna51), too! I just put my laminated panels in page protectors in a binder instead of standing up in bags or boxes or drawers.

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-03-2013 at 04:26 AM..
KelliJo likes this post.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #55
Glitter Queen

Would someone please post a pick of on of their binders, and a laminated panel? I'm having trouble with the visual....
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #56
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Sue has a picture of her binder system in post 43 above.

Here's my system...

First picture is of the card where I mounted my rubber (on EZMount). The cards are 8-1/4 x 5-1/4 GP cardstock that is laminated in Royal Sovereign laminating pouches on a heat-type laminator. The card size is dictated by what fits in the pouches comfortably, and what will fit in the page protector.

The second picture is of the index card made from that set of stamps. Notice that the images are in reverse order so that when I put the image card on the back of the stamp card, the image and its stamp line up. This card is NOT laminated. If I get a new stamp for that card, it is stamped when I buy it and placed on the appropriate spot on the laminated card. These cards are 8-3/8 x 5-1/2

Both the laminated card with stamps on it and the index picture card are placed in a page protector that I have trimmed to 6 inches tall.

These sets are then placed in my Sterilite drawers by type of stamp. Yes, I broke up my sets. But if you don't want to do that, this system still works, but will take up a bit more space. The drawer in the third picture has single stem flowers in it.

Does that help? More questions? Just ask!
Attached Thumbnails
stamp-reorganization-finished-set.jpg   stamp-reorganization-finished-index.jpg   stamp-reorganization-final-product.jpg  
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
KelliJo likes this post.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #57
Proud Fan Club Member

I added a pic to my original post (#43 above), but here it is again.

My system is based on Diane's (see post above this one), with a couple of differences. I laminated the panel (1/2 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" GP cardstock) after stamping all of the images for that panel, so I don't have a separate index sheet. Diane is wiser than I - if I have to rearrange things then I'll have to do some re-stamping and laminating. I also do them mirror image, for the same reason that Diane does. Hers go in a page protector and then into drawers (she has an amazing drawer cabinet), but mine go into page protectors and into binders. I tried breaking up sets, but found that I was having trouble remembering where I put things (even with an index), so I put them back together with their friends. I guess my brain sees the picture of the set, not the particular image. Sort of like recognizing an acquaintance that goes to a lot of the same functions that you do, so you recognize them there, but not when you bump into them at the grocery store - a context thing, I guess...?
Attached Thumbnails
dscf5075.jpg  

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-03-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #58
Glitter Queen

I like the idea of browsing thru a 'catalog'.... although I was in the process of putting them in cd cases, with a seperate book with stamped cards. How are you sticking the stamps to the laminated cards? Or is that what all the glue references are about? Also, It's not hard to slide the rubber into the protectors? I mean, the rubber doesn't grab the protector as they are slid in? I'm doing my best to follow all the details, sorry!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #59
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a combination of bare rubber with 2-in-1 glue on the back (some use Alene's Tack It Over and Over, I use Sailor) and photopolymer/acrylic stamps. The rubber slides in just fine, but the clear stamps stick like crazy. My solution was to put ONE half-sheet in a full-size laminating pouch (for the rubber, I put two, then cut them apart after laminating) and run it through the laminator. That way I could fold the laminated-to-itself half over the clear stamps before sliding them into the page protector. They still stick to the laminated sheet (at least sometimes), but I am able to get them in and out of the page protectors with no trouble! There is a step-by-step and some pics on THIS THREAD, post # 17, if that helps...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-03-2013 at 11:23 AM..
ArtsyScrapper likes this post.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #60
Inking Addict

How I've stored them is in old, but still very usable, floppy disc cases. They open easily, and I can store several similar or matching sets together (such as the SU Little Layers sets). I don't want to have to stick the bare rubber to anything for storing, so I just place them image-to-image in the boxes, in small stacks. Works great!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Sue has a picture of her binder system in post 43 above.

Here's my system...

First picture is of the card where I mounted my rubber (on EZMount). The cards are 8-1/4 x 5-1/4 GP cardstock that is laminated in Royal Sovereign laminating pouches on a heat-type laminator. The card size is dictated by what fits in the pouches comfortably, and what will fit in the page protector.

The second picture is of the index card made from that set of stamps. Notice that the images are in reverse order so that when I put the image card on the back of the stamp card, the image and its stamp line up. This card is NOT laminated. If I get a new stamp for that card, it is stamped when I buy it and placed on the appropriate spot on the laminated card. These cards are 8-3/8 x 5-1/2

Both the laminated card with stamps on it and the index picture card are placed in a page protector that I have trimmed to 6 inches tall.

These sets are then placed in my Sterilite drawers by type of stamp. Yes, I broke up my sets. But if you don't want to do that, this system still works, but will take up a bit more space. The drawer in the third picture has single stem flowers in it.

Does that help? More questions? Just ask!
The inventor of my room! YAY!!!
fionna51 likes this post.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
This is a PERFECT example of why there's never a One-Size-Fits-All approach to storage/organization (or anything else, for that matter)! I went to binders (smaller 5 1/2" x 8 1/2") because I HATED flipping through panels like you have! I much prefer flipping the pages of my binders - it's sort of like looking through a catalog. My binders are organized the same way as yours, though - by company and in alpha order... That's one thing (of the many) that I love about these forums - you can get a billion different ideas to test-drive until you find the one that works for you!

By the way - my system is a modification of Diane's (fionna51), too! I just put my laminated panels in page protectors in a binder instead of standing up in bags or boxes or drawers.
Isn't that funny!!!! I HATE having them in books, they flipped to slow for me! LOL I DO love seeing how others do their stuff, now I'm moving on to taking my dies off of my clip it ups and putting them into the TE Kit boxes that I have, with Vent Covers, but I'm afraid I will out grow them before I have them all off of my clip it ups...I had them in binders, then in the magnetic book things... and I LOVE them on my clip it up, just no flat surface to put them... I can spin that sucker around really quick and find my dies quickly on it!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyScrapper View Post
I like the idea of browsing thru a 'catalog'.... although I was in the process of putting them in cd cases, with a seperate book with stamped cards. How are you sticking the stamps to the laminated cards? Or is that what all the glue references are about? Also, It's not hard to slide the rubber into the protectors? I mean, the rubber doesn't grab the protector as they are slid in? I'm doing my best to follow all the details, sorry!
If my stamps are rubber then I have them on cling mount, I'm kinda like a cat with tape on it's paws about the Aleene's tack it over and over... sticky stuff freaks me out! Yes, I had little ones... THEY freaked me out too!
fionna51 likes this post.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #64
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:
If my stamps are rubber then I have them on cling mount, I'm kinda like a cat with tape on it's paws about the Aleene's tack it over and over... sticky stuff freaks me out! Yes, I had little ones... THEY freaked me out too!

The idea of all that glue or tape makes me pause also- although, right now over half my stamps are wood mounted and in plastic drawer units. The naked rubber idea (any of them!) would at least get me out of the drawers- I could mount them on new foam later... If that's still what I wanted. Y'all have all given me a lot to think about!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #65
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
KJ! I hate the sticky stuff too! Maybe not *quite* as much as you...

I hate the TIO&O because it gets stickier over time. Water makes it SUPER sticky. It sticks to my blocks. It sticks to my storage cards. Simply said, it makes a MESS! And that's despite all the "stick it to my jeans" and "tap it on my hand" that I do. No more.

So it's EZ Mount for me.

I need to get a little bit of the thin stuff for the little bitty stamps. They don't do so well on the thick stuff. And I still have a few stamps that need to be switched over from the "sticky stuff".
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
KelliJo and ArtsyScrapper like this post.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #66
Glitter Queen

So, I decided to unmount some Melissa & Doug stamps I had gotten at a garage sale a few years ago - they are cute, but it won't be a tragedy if I mess them up or decide to do it differently. Problem - the foam came off the wood, and all foam except for two came off the rubber. Any ideas as what to use to get the remaining foam off?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #67
Polyshrink Goddess

When I switched to the unmounted method, I used both Un-Du (Archiver's) and when I ran out of that, I switched to the Duck brand Adhesive Remover which is orange scented.

I am now debating if I want to go back to my Krylon Easy Tack-d method and use the Duck brand Adhesive Remover to get rid of all the tacky-ness and just use the vinyl on clear block method.

The beauty of stampin storage "evolution" is that what the big trend is today will be different tomorrow. I unmounted all my stamps using my Krylon Easy Tack method about 4 years ago. Within the past year I've seen stampers post the vinyl on clear block method for using their unmounted stamps and I really do think I'd like that more than spraying my unmounted stamps with the Krylon spray. Much more neat and clean.

I usually keep the "negative" rubber from my clear mount sets and just nestle the stamp back into the cut out, so the stamps won't move around in the clear box.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

When I switched to the unmounted method, I used both Un-Du (Archiver's-pricey) and when I ran out of that, I switched to the Duck brand Adhesive Remover which is much less expensive and I like the orange scent.

I am now debating if I want to go back to my Krylon Easy Tack-d stamps and use the Duck brand Adhesive Remover to get rid of all the tacky-ness and just use the vinyl on clear block method. Yes, it will be a bit messy and I'll have to be very careful in applying the remover to get rid of all the tacky residue, but I think it will be worth it and I'll be content.

The beauty of stampin storage "evolution" is that what the big trend is today someone else will devise a system that will make me ask: "why didn't I think of this???". I unmounted all my stamps using my Krylon Easy Tack method about 4 years ago. Within the past year I've seen stampers post the vinyl on clear block method for using their unmounted stamps and I really do think I'd like that more than spraying my unmounted stamps with the Krylon spray. Much more neat and clean.

I usually keep the "negative" rubber from my clear mount sets and just nestle the stamp back into the cut out, so the stamps won't move around in the clear box.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyScrapper View Post
So, I decided to unmount some Melissa & Doug stamps I had gotten at a garage sale a few years ago - they are cute, but it won't be a tragedy if I mess them up or decide to do it differently. Problem - the foam came off the wood, and all foam except for two came off the rubber. Any ideas as what to use to get the remaining foam off?
I'm a picker! Lol! I just rubbed my thumb around and around and.... It came off! saving storage space is a necessity for me! After one of our moves where it took 4 trips with truck n trailor for just my craft room I had to slam the breaks on! Even I was tired of craft crap!
ArtsyScrapper likes this post.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #70
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I'm a picker! Lol! I just rubbed my thumb around and around and.... It came off! saving storage space is a necessity for me! After one of our moves where it took 4 trips with truck n trailor for just my craft room I had to slam the breaks on! Even I was tired of craft crap!
Same here! Just get a fingernail under an edge of the foam and peeloff what you can, roll the rest off with your thumb. A word of caution, though - it IS possible to get a blister if you do enough of this (ask me how I know )

Consolidating is what I'm all about, too, so that's why I don't even use EZ mount. I use Sailor 2-in-1 glue, which isn't as sticky as TIO&O. I ran out of it this week and tried Tombow Monomulti on a few new-to-me stamps I scored from the B/S/T forum - I'll report back on that after I see how they do...

KelliJo and ArtsyScrapper like this post.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Same here! Just get a fingernail under an edge of the foam and peeloff what you can, roll the rest off with your thumb. A word of caution, though - it IS possible to get a blister if you do enough of this (ask me how I know )

Consolidating is what I'm all about, too, so that's why I don't even use EZ mount. I use Sailor 2-in-1 glue, which isn't as sticky as TIO&O. I ran out of it this week and tried Tombow Monomulti on a few new-to-me stamps I scored from the B/S/T forum - I'll report back on that after I see how they do...
LOL! Yes, I didn't mention the blister.... I was actually feeling like I was getting one from typing on my darn phone! I warned a friend to take it in intervals... as your get a REAL Hot Spot on that thumb!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

It is great to read through this thread and discover I am not alone in changing my storage again and again.... I too am all about consolidation and storing more in less space. I have never regretted unmounting, just my choice of storage! I started by unmounting more than 100 SU sets and using TIOO - only to discover, I hate this method! So now I have invested in EZ to move them all to that along with my other brands of stamps. I also started by putting them in binders, but have now started taking them out, slipping the storage panels into page protectors, and then putting them into 9x6 index boxes which I absolutely love! I can fit something like 70 sets into one of these boxes with a very small footprint on my shelf, and so easy to flip through. I plan to do the same with my nesties that are on the magnetic sheets as well. And the new storage panels that have the plain page on one side and a magnetic age on the other are perfect for the sets with matching dies - love having them together too.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
jenjoy71 and KelliJo like this post.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #73
Proud Fan Club Member

I haven't read all of the posts yet but just wanted to toss this idea out there in case it wasn't mentioned.

For bare rubber, I like to use Tack 'n Peel. To use Tack 'n Peel, you dedicate variety of sizes of acrylic blocks for its use. You trim these sheets to fit your block, and the tacky side is exposed (with a waxed sheet as a protector to keep dust off of it when not in use) on which you place your bare rubber stamps.

It's no mess, no fuss. And if you do find that the tacky blocks get a little dusty or dirty, you can wash them in warm soapy water, let them air dry and you're back in business.

I didn't start stamping until 2007 and unmounted shortly thereafter. I have NEVER regretted it one bit. I also put a lot of my unmounted stamps on cling. I used a tempered glass cutting board and a hot knife which made the task much easier.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
MSBetsyZ and Creative-Juices like this post.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #74
Inking Addict

Couldn't agree more, Phantom. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tack-N-Peel. It is so easy to use - and to keep CLEAN! I don't even use soapy water, just water. Dries quickly, too. Since my stamps aren't sticky I can stack them one on top of the other. Soooooo much space saved!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #75
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I haven't read all of the posts yet but just wanted to toss this idea out there in case it wasn't mentioned.

For bare rubber, I like to use Tack 'n Peel. To use Tack 'n Peel, you dedicate variety of sizes of acrylic blocks for its use. You trim these sheets to fit your block, and the tacky side is exposed (with a waxed sheet as a protector to keep dust off of it when not in use) on which you place your bare rubber stamps.

It's no mess, no fuss. And if you do find that the tacky blocks get a little dusty or dirty, you can wash them in warm soapy water, let them air dry and you're back in business.

I didn't start stamping until 2007 and unmounted shortly thereafter. I have NEVER regretted it one bit. I also put a lot of my unmounted stamps on cling. I used a tempered glass cutting board and a hot knife which made the task much easier.
I had thought about that, but how do you store them?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYstamper View Post
I had thought about that, but how do you store them?
Store the T-N-Ped blocks? Or the rubber stamps? The blocks are covered with some sort of protective sheet when not in use (wax paper, overhead film, the paper that comes with the T-N-P, a cut up plastic food bag...). The stamps I personally store in old floppy disc cases, image to image, stacked up. The cases have enough space to store complimenting sets together (such as the Little Layers sets, or all the different Sketches). The have ample space on the spines to list all the sets in a large-ish print. Easy to find, when using my Reminder Binder!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #77
Proud Fan Club Member

I've considered the Tack 'n Peel several times, but the storage is where I get hung up. I don't want to use CD or DVD cases, I doubt that I can find drawers shallow enough for me to not have to be digging through a pile o' stamps - what might be a good solution for someone who dislikes cases and drawers and bins and such? That's why I have them in binders, but I'm open to a better solution. I've already re-vamped my stamp storage AT LEAST five or six times, so what's one more? Any/all ideas would be worth mentioning, as I would certainly consider every single one of them! If none of them are going to make me happy, I'll stick with my current binder solution... Thanks!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #78
Proud Fan Club Member

Still thinking about this one, Sue!

When I had a lot of bare rubber stamps, almost all of my stamps were in CD cases.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #79
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative-Juices View Post
Store the T-N-Ped blocks? Or the rubber stamps? The blocks are covered with some sort of protective sheet when not in use (wax paper, overhead film, the paper that comes with the T-N-P, a cut up plastic food bag...). The stamps I personally store in old floppy disc cases, image to image, stacked up. The cases have enough space to store complimenting sets together (such as the Little Layers sets, or all the different Sketches). The have ample space on the spines to list all the sets in a large-ish print. Easy to find, when using my Reminder Binder!
I meant the stamps, just forgot to add it to my original question. I had thought about the baseball card sheets but wasn't sure which way I wanted to go.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 AM   #80
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to sugamom

I unmounted all my stamps with foam left on back.
Purchased a case of plastic CD cases, put them in and labeled end, bought 2 large CD racks about 6 ft long at Salvation Army type store and mounted them laying flat on back 0f my work area put cases in. Works great. Cases keep rubber from drying out and was done several years ago. When racks were fulling up started buying stamps in those plastic envelopes and can get several in each slot. Sugamom Gwen

Last edited by sugamom; 05-16-2013 at 02:38 AM..