Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVICE PLEASE

I have about 100+ stamp sets (mostly SU and CTMH), which are currently organized in separate shelving units (old DVD racks that I repurposed years ago, so I consider them "free"). I've noticed that I am failing to use so many good stamps with this storage system. I am kind of type A, but in a relaxed manner. So basically I like order. I am thinking of just storing by category instead. Anyone else do this and are you happier with it? I know it's not going to look as good on my open shelves and that's why I hesitate. Thanks a bunch for any input and advice.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am almost done reorganizing my stamps. I broke all my sets apart. First I will never remember "rose flower#1" has a good birthday sentiment. Etc. and second. Do you really want to make the same rose flower with same sentiment as everyone ? So all my flowers are together. All my "thanks" are together.

Currently my clear stamps are in Avery Elle pockets. With a stamped image of each stamp. The wood stamps for each category are together. Also with a stamped image on a cardstock

so when I go get a birthday image - I can flip through and see all the sentiments / images at a glance.

Personally I don't care about resale value. It never retains the full value. I have bought individual stamps and also if you are donating 1-2 stamps - then don't worry what that person thinks

I can send a pic if anyone likes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperkidsView Post
I am almost done reorganizing my stamps. I broke all my sets apart.
I can send a pic if anyone likes
I would LOVE to see! Thank you! You make some good points in your post and honestly I don't care about resale either. I am not going to sell my stamps. I would donate them if I ever choose to clear out my supplies. I guess my issue is going to separating the CTMH stamps. I'll have to think on that one.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:46 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

I'm working on this right now... I have everything separated by category, and I only kept sentiments with images if I would only ever use them together (like sewing sentiments with the sewing stamps). It has been a lot of work - I had about 12 years worth of stamps in 3 or 4 different systems, and I'm stamping and cataloging each one in Evernote so I can see and sort and search as needed... it has taken months... but it's been good to 'reacquaint' myself with what I have, and to make some sense of it all. If you do catalog the stamps in Evernote or another interactive app, you can note which set they came from so that you could reunite them if you wanted to.
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

yes, the un-mounting and resorting is underway here too. I have done the loosely by category thing for years as far as sentiments go but, I have a lot of things I knew I had them and I kind of even know where they are but, hunting for them would irritate me and so, I would grab what ever was new. ( my new things I have been buying unmounted) and those sets I have not broken the sentiments up. the new things are sorted by mfg.

I don't know if I want to go that far with it yet, but I do separate words from images of wood mounted stamps type of a thing. and I don't see why they could not end up in a system that is pleasing to the eye. but, I have clear stamps in plastic pockets and unmounted rubber in SU dvd cases. so, I don't have a single one kind of a system. some of the wood stamps I am not going to unmount. I am working my way through the sentiments. ( I am afraid of smooshing the rubber so I have not moved any of it to pockets) I would save a ton of room though. ( I did it for slim metal dies of all kinds stuck them to magnetic sheets tucked into pockets)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
I'm working on this right now... I have everything separated by category, and I only kept sentiments with images if I would only ever use them together (like sewing sentiments with the sewing stamps). It has been a lot of work - I had about 12 years worth of stamps in 3 or 4 different systems, and I'm stamping and cataloging each one in Evernote so I can see and sort and search as needed... it has taken months... but it's been good to 'reacquaint' myself with what I have, and to make some sense of it all. If you do catalog the stamps in Evernote or another interactive app, you can note which set they came from so that you could reunite them if you wanted to.
I like the idea of using Evernote, just not the time it will take me. I should get started with it. I end up playing with my stuff when I "reacquaint" myself! ;) I appreciate your suggestion very much and I like that I could reunite them later if I needed to.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
yes, the un-mounting and resorting is underway here too. I have done the loosely by category thing for years as far as sentiments go but, I have a lot of things I knew I had them and I kind of even know where they are but, hunting for them would irritate me and so, I would grab what ever was new. ( my new things I have been buying unmounted) and those sets I have not broken the sentiments up. the new things are sorted by mfg.

I don't know if I want to go that far with it yet, but I do separate words from images of wood mounted stamps type of a thing. and I don't see why they could not end up in a system that is pleasing to the eye. but, I have clear stamps in plastic pockets and unmounted rubber in SU dvd cases. so, I don't have a single one kind of a system. some of the wood stamps I am not going to unmount. I am working my way through the sentiments. ( I am afraid of smooshing the rubber so I have not moved any of it to pockets) I would save a ton of room though. ( I did it for slim metal dies of all kinds stuck them to magnetic sheets tucked into pockets)
I have mine separated by manufacturer mostly because the clamshell cases (SU) fit on one of the DVD racks and the envelopes (CTMH) fit on the smaller one. I absolutely love my wood mounted SU, so they will never fit into an envelope. I should mention that I do not have a craft room. I use a nook (former dining area that is part of our great room) for my stamp/scrap space. It used to upset the part of me that wants things to look perfect, but I have let that beast go. I don't put my stuff away immediately if I am working on a project anymore. People that come over can appreciate my craft-loving self or they can meet me at Starbucks. My main motivation to make a change is to use what I've got.

Thank you for sharing and I like your idea of separating words from images!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I separated my sets by categories, and subdivided a larger categories. I use the Pure bins from The Container store, and each set is in an Avery Elle pocket.

If stamps are small so would be at the bottom of the pocket, I add a piece of cardstock to and stamp the top of the cardstock or copy the stamp on the top of the cardstock so I can see it when flipping through. (For stamps, I'm more of a bin flipper than an album leafer.)

For sets that could land in more than one category (sometimes several), I just make a cardstock copy of the set or specific stamps, and put the cardstock in a pocket too. So if a stamp has trees and circles on it, the set will go under Plants, plus the card will be put under Shapes.

The few sets that were too large for the Avery Elle pockets were just cut in two pieces and both pieces put into the pocket.

I think categorizing depends entirely on how you think. I think "alphabets" and "triangles" (Shapes). I might know a set is from the XYZ company, but that's not how it would come to mind.

As I flip, I try to keep my editing eye working, and pull stamps that I think I won't use. They go into a donate or RAk box. That's another reason for flipping - I have to put my hands on items that might otherwise be ignored. Of course if someone has a massive stash, this may not be the best method.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Sentiments are a challenge for me. The easy one are sympathy, hello, thank you etc The there are ones like " life is better with you in it" What category do you assign that one to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I have all of my sentiments in one category. That wouldn't work well for someone with a huge number of sentiments though. If I subdivided, I'd probably go with something like Standard, Serious, Quirky - again, because that's how my brain works. (Or doesn't.) And if one of those categories grew I'd subdivide again - like maybe putting the Thanks in one category.

If a set has a sentiment plus other stamps, I make a card or cards for the various categories.

I don't want too many categories or I might as well not have any. For me the point is to go to a clump of stamps and spend a few pleasant minutes flipping through them. It's not to index every stamp, which people with larger collections might prefer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I agree

I agree with the other posters. I just unmounted all my wood- mount stamps. , except the tiny ones. I put them into categories with the obvious names. For odd ones, they go in a category called EVERYTHING ELSE. The process was long but I did it a little each day. I have put the indexes of the stamps in each large ziplock bag, but I also have them printed out in a binder for portability and to choose without flipping through the bags. I have realized I bought many duplicates and too many flowers. Also, I need more sympathy stamps. It actually was a fun process and I'm using the clamshell cases for other storage in my craft room. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppofctView Post
Sentiments are a challenge for me. The easy one are sympathy, hello, thank you etc The there are ones like " life is better with you in it" What category do you assign that one to?
At my house it would fit either in 'life' or 'you'.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I separated my sets by categories, and subdivided a larger categories. I use the Pure bins from The Container store, and each set is in an Avery Elle pocket.

If stamps are small so would be at the bottom of the pocket, I add a piece of cardstock to and stamp the top of the cardstock or copy the stamp on the top of the cardstock so I can see it when flipping through. (For stamps, I'm more of a bin flipper than an album leafer.)

For sets that could land in more than one category (sometimes several), I just make a cardstock copy of the set or specific stamps, and put the cardstock in a pocket too. So if a stamp has trees and circles on it, the set will go under Plants, plus the card will be put under Shapes.

The few sets that were too large for the Avery Elle pockets were just cut in two pieces and both pieces put into the pocket.

I think categorizing depends entirely on how you think. I think "alphabets" and "triangles" (Shapes). I might know a set is from the XYZ company, but that's not how it would come to mind.

As I flip, I try to keep my editing eye working, and pull stamps that I think I won't use. They go into a donate or RAk box. That's another reason for flipping - I have to put my hands on items that might otherwise be ignored. Of course if someone has a massive stash, this may not be the best method.
Sounds like you have a nice storage solution. I will check out the Pure bins from the Container Store. It's really nice that you donate stamps you no longer want, and that must help make room for some new ones that you do!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

A challenge for me too!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

At my house it would fit either in 'life' or 'you'.
I need a 'life' category. I love it.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
I agree with the other posters. I just unmounted all my wood- mount stamps. , except the tiny ones. I put them into categories with the obvious names. For odd ones, they go in a category called EVERYTHING ELSE. The process was long but I did it a little each day. I have put the indexes of the stamps in each large ziplock bag, but I also have them printed out in a binder for portability and to choose without flipping through the bags. I have realized I bought many duplicates and too many flowers. Also, I need more sympathy stamps. It actually was a fun process and I'm using the clamshell cases for other storage in my craft room. Good luck!
Great idea to do a little each day. Sounds like you have a user friendly system! I've found a couple duplicates myself. I must have had a thing for super hero sets. Thanks very much for sharing!

P.S. I could never have too many flowers! I'm obsessed with them right now.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by WELUVSTANGSView Post
I need a 'life' category. I love it.
This is my index:

Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

I *love* your "Life is all about Balance" stamp with the B unbalanced! Which set is that?

ETA I could just use alphas to make balance a little unbalanced. Or cut a balance stamp. Thank you for the idea!

Last edited by bjeans; 05-03-2016 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: eureka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

This is my index:

Funny, I just stumbled upon the set. Phyllis Harris Unity? But I think Ill just use alphas or fnd the single word.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just a tip

One tip I will share is that you have to make your categories align with how YOU think. What sounds good for others may not work with how you think of your stamps. For the "life" one, I would put that in ENCOURAGEMENT/CHEER or FRIENDSHIP. Its funny how much we learn about ourselves when doing these things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #21  

Quote:

Funny, I just stumbled upon the set. Phyllis Harris Unity? But I think Ill just use alphas or fnd the single word.
Yes... I think it's the one with a little girl in a tutu.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

That is a perfect example of cross-category imo.
For me it would be love, friendship and thank you. So you pick the one you most see it as, and then I would stamp it in the master index in the others too and note which one I had it stored in.

Which tells you I am a category person too.

I just got the tiniest heart stamp in a set and I am thrilled-it must be about...1/8 inch...great to put around a character, on things, etc but I dont know how to store it and not lose it. I cant scotch tape it to the cling page-that would leave sticky on it and be a pain. Day one it popped off the packaging and took me a whole week to find on the rug. :rolleyes:

I like that idea about doing an index or pic of a whole set and then breaking it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 04:04 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

How sweet! For me, the mini-heart would get the same treatment as all stamps or sets. It would cling onto its sheet or would go on Grafix Duralar with a piece of cardstock cut a little smaller than the Avery Elle pocket it would be put into. The heart would be stamped - maybe several times since it's teensy - on the top of the card. That way it could hang out with the big guys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
That is a perfect example of cross-category imo.
For me it would be love, friendship and thank you. So you pick the one you most see it as, and then I would stamp it in the master index in the others too and note which one I had it stored in.

Which tells you I am a category person too.

I just got the tiniest heart stamp in a set and I am thrilled-it must be about...1/8 inch...great to put around a character, on things, etc but I dont know how to store it and not lose it. I cant scotch tape it to the cling page-that would leave sticky on it and be a pain. Day one it popped off the packaging and took me a whole week to find on the rug. :rolleyes:

I like that idea about doing an index or pic of a whole set and then breaking it up.
How about adhering a pocket/env/tiny bag to the cling page for your micro-heart?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 04:26 AM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

Default Database!

All of my stamps are kept in their original sets, shelved alphabetically. I use a database to organize them all, so I can just search the database to locate something or get ideas. For instance, I can search for anything with the occasion "get well" or the image "heart" or the text "birthday" and then flip through my database to look at the results. I keep ideas here also -- project photos found on Pinterest or whatnot. Here's a screenshot of one of my database records. I use Tap Forms. Another advantage is that it's on my Mac and on my iPad with cloud sync, so I can take my list with me. I've got stamps, dies, punches, digital cut files, and embossing folders in the database.

It would be a lot of work to set up if you've got a big inventory, but worth it to be able to find anything easily.

In the record attached, the large top photo is an image of the stamp set, and the bottom smaller photos are ideas for using it (a click expands the photo to full size).
Attached Thumbnails
ADVICE PLEASE-screen-shot-2016-05-04-8.25.23-am.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 04:36 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My stamps are sorted by category: Floral, other Nature, Animals, Birds & Wings. People, Food / Coffee / Tea, Ethnic, Vintage, Words, etc etc. Large Backgrounds I keep together.

Holidays are sorted in sequence by the 4 seasons of the year and are on the very bottom shelf as they only get used once a year.

Next I am going to separate out all the sentiments by category. But I've been saying that for 3 years or more. Maybe this will be the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

For me, it would go in my "Thinking of You" category. It's interesting to see how we all organize differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:54 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendybeView Post
All of my stamps are kept in their original sets, shelved alphabetically. I use a database to organize them all, so I can just search the database to locate something or get ideas. For instance, I can search for anything with the occasion "get well" or the image "heart" or the text "birthday" and then flip through my database to look at the results. I keep ideas here also -- project photos found on Pinterest or whatnot. Here's a screenshot of one of my database records. I use Tap Forms. Another advantage is that it's on my Mac and on my iPad with cloud sync, so I can take my list with me. I've got stamps, dies, punches, digital cut files, and embossing folders in the database.

It would be a lot of work to set up if you've got a big inventory, but worth it to be able to find anything easily.

In the record attached, the large top photo is an image of the stamp set, and the bottom smaller photos are ideas for using it (a click expands the photo to full size).
That's an amazing database with a lot of useful information in it all in one place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

It would be in my Thinking of You category because my Life category is about how to live your life like "Enjoy the Journey", "Live, Love, Laugh", etc. I separated my stamp years ago and I have a ton of categories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Very nicely done. What app are you using for the database? I like that you put the Pinterest images with each set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie718View Post
For me, it would go in my "Thinking of You" category. It's interesting to see how we all organize differently.
Really! My "Standard" sentiments category wins most boring. :rolleyes:

Besides how we think, collection size may have an effect on how we organize. I had a one-bin rule which morphed to two bins. I "have to" pull stamps to donate or do a RAK beyond that. So I don't need as many categories or a complex system as someone with an encyclopedic collection. I might need more storage in another area, just differences in needs/approaches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I've been doing this for years and it's cut down on the storage space I need. I have about 50 categories and each one has it's own little binder AND a rolex card category. I stamp the image on a sheet for the 'category' index (again, kept in a binder) and then I stamp the image on the rolex card. On the card I list the manufacturer, whether it's a rubber or a clear stamp, the binder number where I store the image and the name of the stamp set. Yes, it's a ton of work, but when it comes time to make something, it's simply a matter of scrolling through my rolex cards to find what I need!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 07:55 AM   #33  
Cardstock Collector

I have always just stored by categories in video cases, but because I had so many sets, most were under used. Because of the volume, I found sorting through categories one at a time tiresome. It helped me a lot when I started to stamp the images in a notebook by category, each set with its own page. When I get a new stamp set I just open the notebook to the appropriate section, and stamp the image on its own page, then I simply write the name, company & category under the images. If the set has text/sentiment images, I stamp them separately in that category, making sure to note under the text image in which set the sentiment can be found, florals, critters, etc. It was a big job to start, so I would do a few at a time from my existing sets, and every time from any new sets. I have a 9 X 9 inch piece of clear plexi-glass and I mount the entire set and stamp everything at once in black ink, otherwise I would have lost what is left of my mind. I find it is much easier and faster to look through my collection seeing the images on paper. The 200 + plus page notebook sits on my desk always at hand.
A side benefit is that before I buy a new stamp I check the notebook to see if I already own it. I am very embarrassed to say that I have repurchased sets already in my collection. I don’t break sets up, because I go through my set every couple of years, and cull out sets I have outgrown. This way I can donate entire sets to the senior center card group. Of course I remove the page from the notebook.
Carol T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

How sweet! For me, the mini-heart would get the same treatment as all stamps or sets. It would cling onto its sheet or would go on Grafix Duralar with a piece of cardstock cut a little smaller than the Avery Elle pocket it would be put into. The heart would be stamped - maybe several times since it's teensy - on the top of the card. That way it could hang out with the big guys.
Funny, I was thinking a box of some sort for the little tiny stamps. I like your idea better.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Oh my, I love your organization! What a fantastic idea. We just bought a MAC desktop and I use my iPad everyday. To be clear, you just photographed each set?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
It would be in my Thinking of You category because my Life category is about how to live your life like "Enjoy the Journey", "Live, Love, Laugh", etc. I separated my stamp years ago and I have a ton of categories.
This makes sense too. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaladyoneView Post
I've been doing this for years and it's cut down on the storage space I need. I have about 50 categories and each one has it's own little binder AND a rolex card category. I stamp the image on a sheet for the 'category' index (again, kept in a binder) and then I stamp the image on the rolex card. On the card I list the manufacturer, whether it's a rubber or a clear stamp, the binder number where I store the image and the name of the stamp set. Yes, it's a ton of work, but when it comes time to make something, it's simply a matter of scrolling through my rolex cards to find what I need!
50 categories, WOW! I like your system. A lot. Thanks for sharing! I wish I'd started years ago when I first started buying. Sure would have made it easier.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Angie, I think that is something "everyone" wishes... that they started this earlier no matter how large their collection has grown to. :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroles cardsView Post
I have always just stored by categories in video cases, but because I had so many sets, most were under used. Because of the volume, I found sorting through categories one at a time tiresome. It helped me a lot when I started to stamp the images in a notebook by category, each set with its own page. When I get a new stamp set I just open the notebook to the appropriate section, and stamp the image on its own page, then I simply write the name, company & category under the images. If the set has text/sentiment images, I stamp them separately in that category, making sure to note under the text image in which set the sentiment can be found, florals, critters, etc. It was a big job to start, so I would do a few at a time from my existing sets, and every time from any new sets. I have a 9 X 9 inch piece of clear plexi-glass and I mount the entire set and stamp everything at once in black ink, otherwise I would have lost what is left of my mind. I find it is much easier and faster to look through my collection seeing the images on paper. The 200 + plus page notebook sits on my desk always at hand.

A side benefit is that before I buy a new stamp I check the notebook to see if I already own it. I am very embarrassed to say that I have repurchased sets already in my collection. I don�t break sets up, because I go through my set every couple of years, and cull out sets I have outgrown. This way I can donate entire sets to the senior center card group. Of course I remove the page from the notebook.
Carol T
Very nice Carol! My husband asked me if I'd come up with anything yet. His idea is to stamp each set on a sheet of paper and assign it a number. Categorize them alphanumerically in a binder (each case would be also numbered and put back on the same shelf it came from). The single stamps get their own reference sheet and number (and maybe a note where the stamp is stored). So basically, it's all numbers. Perfect solution from an accountant, huh?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
Angie, I think that is something "everyone" wishes... that they started this earlier no matter how large their collection has grown to. :mrgreen:
Yes! Maybe we should warn the new folks!