Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage Ideas Needed for Powders

Good morning!

I have 30 different glitters, embossing powders, and flock that are either in their original containers or in the round stacking screw on/type containers. I have seen a few video's for techniques where the stamper has their glitter or embossing powder in a flatter/type storage container, that way they can apply the medium over the container while the excess run's off back in the storage container.

Because I need about 40 of whatever I am going to use (stampin up order is on the way right now w/ more glitter) and I need to think economical, what methods other stampers use that may work just as well.

Thanks in advance!
~�
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

I use the Gladware containers in the plastic wrap/foil/food storage aisle in the grocery store - super cheap and you can get any size you want! I also keep a plastic spoon (the picnic kind) in there to sprinkle it on...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I use the Ziploc/Glad square containers that are large enough for a plastic spoon to stay in them. They sit in a stack on my shelves. That's for my EP.

I also save spice containers for glitter - I use a squillion pumpkin pie spice containers every fall and I just clean em out and use them as glitter shakers. I like those better than the glitter jars with swiveling tops because you can never get all the glitter off the top and it just goes everywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I don't do much glitter, so I generally leave it in the original container.

For EP I use a lot, I get the cheap sandwich sized plastic containers at the dollar store; they're big enough for me to dip my card into which saves using a tidy tray which isn't quite as "tidy" when I use it, lol! They stack nicely on the shelf, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

What about containers (if you like that idea) for the glitters/powders/flocks you use the most and something else to hold the rest in their original bottle? It would be a bit much to have 40 Glad containers taking up space. Unless you have it, of course. I use one of those little three drawer plastic boxes from Wal*Mart. The medium set of drawers holds all of my glitters. It will even hold large jars if you lay them down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pakateView Post
What about containers (if you like that idea) for the glitters/powders/flocks you use the most and something else to hold the rest in their original bottle? It would be a bit much to have 40 Glad containers taking up space. Unless you have it, of course. I use one of those little three drawer plastic boxes from Wal*Mart. The medium set of drawers holds all of my glitters. It will even hold large jars if you lay them down.
That's what I do. I have a seperate Ikea box with all my glitter/stickles in one and my EP in another. Then I have a larger plactic container for my SU DD that I use all the time. I did a quick reference guide in a three ring binder so I could check easily which glitter/EP would look best, then I go to the box and dig through it till I find what I want. I might switch to the med 3 drawer method though, since I could easily see the tops.
Reply With Quote Likes