Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avery Elle/MFT Storage Pockets?

I ordered 1 pack of the MFT storage pockets, and have used them all up. They are currently out of stock at MFT.

Are the Avery Elle pockets pretty much the same thing? They look very similar online. I'm mostly asking about the material and thickness, I guess.

Thanks!

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not used the MFT ones but have used many of the Avery Elle ones but in the future will use the ones from Ellen Hutson because they are thicker Essentials by Ellen Storage Envelopes, 25pk - Ellen Hutson LLC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2015, 07:37 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks, bwstamper. I did see those from EH, and have a frequent shopper coupon. But since they are a 25-pack instead of 50, that makes them exactly twice the price. Are they really nice and thick? I didn't see any mil info listed on in the product description.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I believe Jennifer Macquire did a comparison of all 3 of these.. check out her favorite stamp storage video
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you, Jennifer. I found the video where she compared the 4 brands of storage pockets on the market now, and it was just the information I need.

I use Hobby Lobby's larger pockets (like the Tim Holtz pockets) for all my PTI and larger sets, but thought the companies that usually release smaller sets could get stored in the smaller envelopes. I'm reaching critical mass on storage!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I started with the avery el pockets and then somebody on splicoast got me linked up with some great ziplock bags the same size for much less. The downsize was you had to order a lot of them. Try searching on an old thread and see what you think. I was buying those right and left and it was getting spendy. Now I have a supply of the ziplock bags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone bought these from ClearBags.com? Wonder if they are comparable? I don't know that it saves too much because the shipping is higher...I think it may only be economical if you order a huge quantity.

No Flap Bags - Crystal Clear Bags - Bags
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Brenda,

I do order all my envelopes from clearbags.com, and spent quite a bit of time looking at all their options. I think the ones you linked would be very, very thin. And that is the biggest drawback to ordering stamp storage pouches online - knowing how thick and durable the material is.

I'm specifically wanting to fit quite a few sets into the InterDesign fridge/freezer 12x14.5 inch bins that are divided down the middle, so the pockets need to be less than 6 inches across. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did order some pouches on Amazon for the sets that won't fit in the MFT bags, the ones whose carrier sheets are 8 inches tall. They're pricey, but at 5x8 are taller than either MFT, Avery Elle, or Ellen Hutson's ones. I'm not in the mood to cut all the carrier sheets down, so need some larger envelopes, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Advantus-Econo...+poly+envelope

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2015, 03:41 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mary for future reference.. You can buy jr size/half sheet sheet protectors and just cut the holes off them. It's cheaper and works great!

http://www.amazon.com/StaplesTM-Arc-...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

http://t.staples.com/Staples-5-1-2-i...product_616224
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
Brenda,

I do order all my envelopes from clearbags.com, and spent quite a bit of time looking at all their options. I think the ones you linked would be very, very thin. And that is the biggest drawback to ordering stamp storage pouches online - knowing how thick and durable the material is.

I'm specifically wanting to fit quite a few sets into the InterDesign fridge/freezer 12x14.5 inch bins that are divided down the middle, so the pockets need to be less than 6 inches across. Amazon.com - InterDesign Fridge and Freezer Storage Bin, 12-Inch by 4-Inch by 14.5-Inch, Clear - Replacement Refrigerator Bins

I did order some pouches on Amazon for the sets that won't fit in the MFT bags, the ones whose carrier sheets are 8 inches tall. They're pricey, but at 5x8 are taller than either MFT, Avery Elle, or Ellen Hutson's ones. I'm not in the mood to cut all the carrier sheets down, so need some larger envelopes, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Advantus-Econo...+poly+envelope

Mary
Thank you, Mary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

I am currently organizing my stamps and thin ruled dies into the EH storage pockets. I love them!! They are thick and durable. Well worth the price.
I am following Jennifer McGuire's storage system and using the the refrigerator bins to store the pockets in. Loving the whole thing. I am finally organized and can find my stamps and dies quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm contemplating switching to this storage system for my stamps as well. Can anyone confirm if the large refrigerator bin fist the Ikea Expedit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made my own storage pockets for the thin dies (and small stamps sets) using heavy weight sheet protectors and a Foodsaver. It worked out fine for the dies because I could use the smaller sized pockets in my display. It was cost effective because I bought the sheet protectors at a garage sale for real cheap ($2 for a box of 100).

Here's the link to the post I did on my blog about making my own pockets:
Inking with Brenda Lee: Reorganizing my die collection

It doesn't make sense to make pockets for stamps because if you use half of the sheet protectors, you would get 2 pockets that are approximately 4.25"x5.5". It wouldn't be big enough to fit stamp sets that are 4x6.
Reply With Quote Likes