Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Lists and Charts (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/lists-charts-f140/)
-   -   SU! Color Values Chart (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/lists-charts-f140/su-color-values-chart-t338869.html)

stefaniewilliams 04-07-2008 01:02 PM

SU! Color Values Chart

2 Attachment(s)
For those of you who are interested in printing using SU! colors - or who wish to use it for digi-scrapping, I've compiled a handy chart that lists color values for all current SU! colors (including In Colors).

These were pulled directly out of a Stampin Up mini and are not guesstimates. Regardless of your printer, if you enter the CMYK values into your program, you should get the same color virtually every time.

I will try to keep this updated once the new catty is introduced.

EDITED 07/01/11: to correct typo.

While the codes included in this chart *should* result in a close match to SU! colors, actual results may vary depending on software and hardware being used. If you should find a color that is way off, there could be a typo (i'm human, afterall), so please drop me an email through the link below and I will double check it.

If you plan to share this via your blog, please link back to this post and be sure to give credit, where credit is due.

happy crafting!

Quiltnstamper 04-07-2008 09:05 PM

I am so glad I found this thread. I was just wondering about this the other day. Thanks so much.

dndcooper 04-11-2008 06:42 PM

This is awesome! Thanks for putting this together!

Cathy Hines 04-16-2008 01:42 PM

SU Color Value Chart

Is there any way this could be posted as an Excel or Word file? I can't open or save and open this. BUT...I would really love to have it!

stefaniewilliams 04-16-2008 06:33 PM

You can download the free adobe reader software online at www.adobe.com

MichelleGoodrich 04-17-2008 02:18 AM

Wow! This is fabulous! Thanks for posting!

stampersandee 04-17-2008 03:13 AM

This is so cool. When I found this thread a few days ago I was amazed! I had no idea you could change color to match SU! Thank you so much for this chart. I only wish I had known years ago!

RAWS 04-17-2008 04:55 AM

This is a wonderful tool. What a time saver. How long did it take you to compile this? Thank you.

bettyjoanes 04-19-2008 08:30 AM

thanks for the list! one question though.. does this work on all printers? This is going to be a huge help to me!

eeyore63125 04-19-2008 09:29 AM

Thanks!! This is a great thing to keep handy!!

KraftyChic 04-19-2008 10:44 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this! It's really great!

Cherie

DKayC 04-27-2008 11:08 AM

Thank you! I like to mix my digital scrapbooking with hands on scrapbooking... This will help me match up colors on Adobe Photoshop / Colored Impressions and my SU cardstock and stamps! :) VERY NICE and HELPFUL list!

Blessings,

freierlink 04-28-2008 05:01 AM

Many Gracious Thanks!!! for your time and sharing. This will be very handy!

Ellie57 04-28-2008 05:21 AM

Thanks for posting this. I tried it out and it's awesome!! :)

stefaniewilliams 04-28-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAWS (Post 9541286)
This is a wonderful tool. What a time saver. How long did it take you to compile this? Thank you.

It really didn't take long at all. Formatting the spreadsheet was the most difficult part!

stefaniewilliams 04-28-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettyjoanes (Post 9564338)
thanks for the list! one question though.. does this work on all printers? This is going to be a huge help to me!

Yes, this will work for any printer. Your color may vary a little bit, especially if you are using an ink jet, but it should be pretty accurate. These are the color values they use in the SU catty and minis.

Savagetwin 05-03-2008 08:14 AM

OMG! You deserve an award for this! I'm off to try it on a color laser, then my inkjet!

EBPitcher 06-03-2008 05:54 PM

Thanks!

I was just wondering today if there was a list on the Internet for this information. I looked and there it was! Isn't the Internet WONDERFUL?!?

I can't wait to try them!

-EBP-

ShariW 06-10-2008 01:52 PM

I'm still making my way around my new iMac and the Office Mac program. I finally figured out how to change the colors using the RGB mode and when I put some of the numbers in I get a totally different color. Does anyone have the color values chart for the Office Mac yet? Murphy's law is at work.... find something new and cool, old computer gets old, in comes new computer! Yikes.

stefaniewilliams 06-10-2008 06:17 PM

The RGB codes are primarily for on-screen use. Printers a four color process, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK). They blend those four colors based on the values entered into your software. When RGB (Red, Green, Blue) values are used, the printer has to estimate what that equivalent will be in their 4-color process. As a result, your colors may not be true if you have used an RGB code, which is what most Microsoft office applications utilize. If you have Publisher (or most any other desktop publishing software), I know that you can use CMYK values to create custom colors.

If you are using the CMYK values and are still getting a wacky color, you may need to replace your printer cartridge, or your printer may need to be color calibrated. You would need to refer to the manual for your printer to see if this is possible.

One important thing to note is that these colors may not EXACTLY match SU paper and inks when printed. It is normal to have slight variances. The values that I pulled together for this document were extracted from a PDF version of the Occasions Mini and are the values that SU uses in their various catalogs and collateral pieces.

HTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariW (Post 10113338)
I'm still making my way around my new iMac and the Office Mac program. I finally figured out how to change the colors using the RGB mode and when I put some of the numbers in I get a totally different color. Does anyone have the color values chart for the Office Mac yet? Murphy's law is at work.... find something new and cool, old computer gets old, in comes new computer! Yikes.

mrslumpy 06-11-2008 04:49 AM

This is awesome!!! Thank you!!

ShariW 06-11-2008 05:45 AM

Hmm.... I don't seem to be able to use the CYMK. If anyone has Office Mac and can help me that would be most appreciated! :)

ilove2scrap 07-12-2008 01:34 AM

WOW, brilliant list, thank you!

Just wondering, with all the different lists available, how come the RGB values differ so much?

stefaniewilliams 07-12-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilove2scrap (Post 10506237)
WOW, brilliant list, thank you!

Just wondering, with all the different lists available, how come the RGB values differ so much?

I would assume that color values that vary from the ones posted in this thread were either pulled from the website or from scans of catalogs and/or paper/ink swatches. Neither of those methods will produce an accurate result.

ShariW 07-12-2008 06:13 AM

I'm glad this thread came up again. I don't need help with the CYMK, I found it! :) I'm still learning my iMac and a LOOOONG way to go.

ilove2scrap 07-12-2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefaniewilliams (Post 10506691)
I would assume that color values that vary from the ones posted in this thread were either pulled from the website or from scans of catalogs and/or paper/ink swatches. Neither of those methods will produce an accurate result.

Well thank you for explaining.. this list is totally awesome, and just what I need, I have subbed too, so I can keep it up to date, thank you! :mrgreen:

debzi333 07-12-2008 12:37 PM

subscribing

ctyler 07-22-2008 02:54 PM

SU Color Codes

Thanks so much for putting this chart together. Does anyone have the color codes for the new in colors (2008-2009)?

Thanks,
Christy

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefaniewilliams (Post 9435754)
For those of you who are interested in printing using SU! colors - or who wish to use it for digi-scrapping, I've compiled a handy chart that lists color values for all current SU! colors (including In Colors).

These were pulled directly out of a Stampin Up mini and are not guesstimates. Regardless of your printer, if you enter the CMYK values into your program, you should get the same color virtually every time.

I will try to keep this updated once the new catty is introduced.

stefaniewilliams 07-22-2008 03:00 PM

I think some folks have guesstimated the RGB values from some of the sneak peeks, but I won't be able to get the accurate values until the new catty is released next month.

memories4you 07-23-2008 05:44 AM

Stefanie,
Thanks for your time and effort... and for sharing so kindly with us, much appreciated.

cpitarra4 07-23-2008 08:38 AM

Thanks so much!! Used this last night for a card that I didn't have the ink pad for.

Buckeye Stamper 07-23-2008 10:37 AM

cool tfs

SheDragon 07-23-2008 11:50 AM

Thank you so much for this valuable resource!

LeahsCreations 07-26-2008 09:11 AM

Thank you!

garcma 07-28-2008 03:53 PM

Many thanks for this list. It's terrific!

cisnbabs 07-28-2008 08:10 PM

I can't wait to give this to DH and give it a whirl.

maeBstampin 08-05-2008 12:39 PM

One person reported that she got her catty today! I be looking back to you! Thanks in advance!

Valli 08-09-2008 07:16 PM

Thanks! Just what I needed!

stefaniewilliams 08-12-2008 04:19 AM

Just added the updated file, it is back in the original post. happy crafting!!

maeBstampin 08-12-2008 06:25 PM

I don't know how you do it but GREAT JOB. Thanks