Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #401  
Vintage Vixen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my first set of Spellbinders Nestibilities today, and plan to use them in my Cuttlebug.

If I want to emboss, the chart (in post #1) says that I need a Tan Wizard Pad for my sandwich. Is there something I can substitute for this Wizard pad?

The Hobby Lobby where I bought my Nestibilities is 30 miles away, and I don't remember whether they even had those pads on the display. I don't think they did, but then I wasn't looking for them because I didn't realize I needed any other supplies than what I already had.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Last edited by missiowa81; 10-17-2008 at 08:01 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #402  
Matboard Maniac

I have discovered through a ladies website that you can use a silicon baking mat like what you put on a cookie sheet and place cookies on instead of this tan embossing mat. This silcone mat works wonderfully even to help you use embossing Fiskar texture plates in your CB and also Sizzix texture plates. I hope this helps you and that you have one of these already at home or possibly a store close by that sells them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #403  
Master of All Things Big Shot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81View Post
I bought my first set of Spellbinders Nestibilities today, and plan to use them in my Cuttlebug.

If I want to emboss, the chart (in post #1) says that I need a Tan Wizard Pad for my sandwich. Is there something I can substitute for this Wizard pad?

The Hobby Lobby where I bought my Nestibilities is 30 miles away, and I don't remember whether they even had those pads on the display. I don't think they did, but then I wasn't looking for them because I didn't realize I needed any other supplies than what I already had.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
You can also use this: Oyster Rubber
"Exclusive" LARGE "Oyster Stamp" Rubber Mat for use with the Cuttlebug Machine
This Large Rubber mat will enable you to emboss with your Cuttlebug ANY stencil, be it brass, plastic or even card in all directions on the Cuttlebug.
The large mat will enable you to emboss the full size of an A6 card.
You do not need this mat to Emboss the Cuttlebug Embossing folders.
You get the Large l mat free when you purchase the Cuttllebug from Oyster Stamps.
Instructions provided.
The large mat is 14.5 x 19.5 cm
THIS PRODUCT IS EXCLUSIVE TO OYSTERSTAMPS. YOU CANNOT BUY OUR RUBBER FROM ANYONE ELSE.
THIS PRODUCT WAS DESIGNED TO WORK ALONGSIDE YOUR CUTTLEBUG.
Price: �6.50 / �9.10

Sizzix Silicone Rubber Mat
Sizzix Texturz Accessory - Silicone Rubber
Used with a Sizzix Multipurpose Platform in a Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot machine, Silicone Rubber* is a durable embossing accessory made specifically for Sizzix Texturz Plates and an Impressions Pad (all items sold separately).

This sheet measures 7 3/8" x 5 3/4" x 1/8" and presses thin material surfaces such as paper, cardstock and foil to make a lasting impression. For added versatility, use Impressions Pad and Silicone Rubber to emboss with any metal stencil. *Also included as part of Texturz Starter Kit

Plumbers Gasket
*Home Depot
*Lowes

Spellbinders Tan Embossing Mat
2 Enlarged Embossing Pads

SKU#: W 023

Tan Emboss Pads allow you to control the depth of embossing when working with foil and cardstock. They can be used with Spellbinders dies in most manual diecut machines to emboss. Package contains 2 pads Note: One 5x7 size Tan Emboss Pad comes with the Raspberry Wizard.
Price : $8.99
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #404  
Die Cut Diva

You can also buy gasket material "gasket kit" from Walmart or Home Depot. It is very inexpensive & works great! I love it and use it frequently! Good luck!

Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #405  
Vintage Vixen

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll have to check out your suggestions. I'm just happy to have a way to make clean, evenly-cut graduated ovals with my new Nesties! The embossing is just icing on the cake. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #406  
Rubber Obsessor

Cherie gave good advice, I aslo picked up a package of plumbers gaskets at the Home Depot 2 in a package for $3 or $4 and they work great in my bug. Be careful - those nesties are addiciting!!
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #407  
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftyChicView Post
You can also buy gasket material "gasket kit" from Walmart or Home Depot. It is very inexpensive & works great! I love it and use it frequently! Good luck! Cherie
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCC
Cherie gave good advice, I aslo picked up a package of plumbers gaskets at the Home Depot 2 in a package for $3 or $4 and they work great in my bug. Be careful - those nesties are addiciting!!
Update: I stopped at Menards this afternoon (it's a Midwest home improvement store). The first employee I found in the plumbing department had no idea what "plumber's gasket" was, and when he asked me what I need it for, I just laughed out loud. I told him I was using it for a non-plumbing-related craft project and therefore had no clue what its usual purpose is. I tried to explain that it must be some kind of rubber or nylon padding. The kid looked totally baffled and said, "Maybe it's by the plumber's tape 2 aisles down."

I headed to that aisle and didn't find anything called "plumber's gasket." Then I spotted a middle-aged employee, told him that I was looking for plumber's gasket and what I thought it would look like. He walked right to the next aisle and grabbed a package of "Repair Parts 6x6 Gasket Rubber." Two 6x6 sheets for $2.29.

So, to help other people who might be looking for this stuff at their local home improvement store, you may need to ask for gasket rubber that can be cut to size to make gaskets and washers.

I hope I have time tonight to play with my new nesties, now that I have my gasket rubber pad. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #408  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81View Post
... Then I spotted a middle-aged employee, told him that I was looking for plumber's gasket and what I thought it would look like. He walked right to the next aisle and grabbed a package of "Repair Parts 6x6 Gasket Rubber." Two 6x6 sheets for $2.29.
... ask for gasket rubber that can be cut to size to make gaskets and washers.
well THAT makes sense glad you found some and i sure hope it works. i actually played with my nesties yesterday - i just LOVE the embossed border on my 'cut outs'...
Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #409  
Die Cut Diva

Missiowa81, What a hoot! Have fun with your new toy. The rubber gasket material is great isn't it?

Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #410  
Glitter Queen

Wow! Taping this above my CB for quick reference. Thanks so much for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #411  
Mad Swapper

I am not sure if the BIG Large Dies on the template can be compared to the Bigz Pillow Case die which SU! also offers now. Does someone know if I can use it with my Cuttlebug?

Thanks,

My Blog "Stempel, Papier & Mehr!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #412  
Master of All Things Big Shot

Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bianca_73View Post
I am not sure if the BIG Large Dies on the template can be compared to the Bigz Pillow Case die which SU! also offers now. Does someone know if I can use it with my Cuttlebug?

Thanks,
The pillow box die is a Bigz Die. It's not Exclusive to SU.

If your cuttlebug opening is at least 6 inches wide. The die will run through your machine just fine. Bigz Dies in Cuttlebug

The Big XL dies from Stampin Up are the same width as the Bigz Die but they are longer.

You have to run the die through twice to get the full length of it per this blog post.Big XL in Cuttlebug

I will warn you that these dies were made to be used with the Big Shot and Big Kick Machines only and you risk breaking your plates or machine.

Don't forget to check the Cuttlebug FAQ Thread in the Tools and Product Forums! This question has been repeatedly asked and answered there!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #413  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bianca_73View Post
Does anybody here know if I can use ACCUCUT Dies with the Cuttlebug???

Maybe someone can help me!
Did you ever find out if you can use AccuCut dies (standard size) with a cuttlebug machine? There is one (accucut die) that I want to get, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't fit my machine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #414  
Scrappy Chef

Can I use a Boss kut die in my Cb? is it the same as the quickkuts sandwich?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #415  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclifford973View Post
Can I use a Boss kut die in my Cb? is it the same as the quickkuts sandwich?
cutathome notes on their website that you CAN use bosskut dies in a cuttlebug... they even have a video posted. i've never tried it however.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #416  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcchandlerView Post
Did you ever find out if you can use AccuCut dies (standard size) with a cuttlebug machine? There is one (accucut die) that I want to get, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't fit my machine!
personally, i have never used any accucut dies in my cuttlebug, however, accucut notes that their dies are ellison compatible... and i think ellison dies will work in the cuttlebug too... i would think the biggest variable is the size of the die. make sure the die fits into the width of the cuttlebug. HTH
Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #417  
Cardstock Collector

thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #418  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatView Post
I'm moving the Sandwich download to this forum so that I can post updates without bugging the mods (thanks Kim for the suggestion!).

I've read through the hundreds (it's thousands now, right?) of posts in the Cuttlebugitis thread, as well as other threads on the boards regarding die-cutting and compatibility between dies and machines.

So, I made up a chart on Cuttlebug Sandwich Stacks based on info I found on the boards, and PMs from users that had tried some unique things.

This list is NOT complete, but I'll add to it and repost if SCSers have additional findings. Hopefully, someone else will find this as useful as I have.

Enjoy!

NOTE: The Cuttlebugs tend to differ in space inside the machine, so be sure to ERR ON THE THIN SIDE when putting new stacks into your machine!
Sorry, just found your site. Was recommended by a Manager of Clipper Street, Deanna, in Langley, B.C. I just bought a Cuttlebug and printed up your Cuttlebug Sandwich Stack Rules. Thank you so much.
I bout some die cuts a few years ago, and they are still in their original packaging. So, forgive me if this has been asked before. They are ACCUCUT Zip'eCuts ( used with the Zip-e-Mate, which I never bought). I did buy a Die Cut machine called the JAZ, I think. Never used it. Can these die cuts be used in the Cuttlebug. I have quite a few. Didn't see them on your Sandwich list, but perhaps they are just under a different name.
Thanks in Advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #419  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh, thank you,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #420  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

i'm pretty certain that the zipemate templates work in the cuttlebug... but, i don't have any dies to test it out. try using the same stack as the "cuttlebug dies"... let us know how it works out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAandJAView Post
Sorry, just found your site. Was recommended by a Manager of Clipper Street, Deanna, in Langley, B.C. I just bought a Cuttlebug and printed up your Cuttlebug Sandwich Stack Rules. Thank you so much.
I bout some die cuts a few years ago, and they are still in their original packaging. So, forgive me if this has been asked before. They are ACCUCUT Zip'eCuts ( used with the Zip-e-Mate, which I never bought). I did buy a Die Cut machine called the JAZ, I think. Never used it. Can these die cuts be used in the Cuttlebug. I have quite a few. Didn't see them on your Sandwich list, but perhaps they are just under a different name.
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Cat; 11-19-2008 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #421  
Embossing Fanatic

Default cuttlebug plate c

I've just printed the great resource for sandwich stacks...but my problem is this: I broke my C plate quite awhile ago and there are no C plates out there to buy...any ideas? Kind of frustrating to say the least :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #422  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoriagView Post
I've just printed the great resource for sandwich stacks...but my problem is this: I broke my C plate quite awhile ago and there are no C plates out there to buy...any ideas? Kind of frustrating to say the least :rolleyes:
I would contact Provocraft and see if they can replace it for you.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #423  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I would contact Provocraft and see if they can replace it for you.
You know, I forgot to say that I had tried that via email and they said no c plates out there (retail) and to just "adjust" the b plates :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 PM   #424  
Rubber Obsessor

The ACMoore web has them, but they are currently out of stock. I thought I saw them at my ACMoore, but can't be sure. Keep checking their site though www.acmoore.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #425  
Cardstock Collector

Default Use Plumber's Gasket or cardstock shims

Add depth to the B board by adding cardboard the same size until you have it thick enough to run though the CB. I'd use them below folder and use the remaining B board on top.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #426  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoriagView Post
You know, I forgot to say that I had tried that via email and they said no c plates out there (retail) and to just "adjust" the b plates :confused:
Maybe a store that sells the cuttlebug would be able to special order a plate for you.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #427  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just happened to notice that All That Scraps carries the C plate, but are out of stock right now.

http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.p...dex&cPath=6_17

Also CrazyScraps has them (looks like in stock)
http://store.crazyscraps.com/cu1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #428  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Anyone who needs a "C" Plate- have you tried www.creativeplaystamps.com?

It's listed but I did not check to see if it was out of stock.

Hope this helps some of you ! The site is good- lots of products, fast shipping, free shipping with a $50 order, well packaged. I trust them and find them to be very nice people to deal with. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #429  
Forum Fanatic

Just used my Top Note die in my Bug. It is the easiest stack of all. Perfect!

https://momomakes.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #430  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmomView Post
Just used my Top Note die in my Bug. It is the easiest stack of all. Perfect!
ok I was just attempting this. I used the b plate, paper, die and the b plate but I got scared as I started to put it in it didn't seem like it was going to fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #431  
Insane Embellisher

Smile Christmas Gift!

Got my CB for Christmas this year...I've been researching...I have the CB folders, and die cuts, Sizzix die cuts, Fiskars embossing plates and of course brass stencils...I see that I am going to have to play around with this alot before I get what I want.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread...it is great for CB "Newbies"!!

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #432  
Glitter Guru

sub
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #433  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I knew I shouldn't have done it. I just KNEW it! I meandered into my local HB on Monday ... and bought 4 more embossing folders! but but but they were 30% off! but I didn't have THESE styles yet!

I think that takes the count over 30. *blush* I love dem thangs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #434  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cat-Just found this! Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #435  
Mad Swapper

subscribing to this thread

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #436  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're Wonderful! What a great list. :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #437  
Gallery Gazer

sub to thread - great info here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #438  
Inking Addict

Default Texturz plate in Cuttlebug

I've checked the chart (wonderful resource!) and skimmed through the entire thread, but am still unsure about this question.

Do I have to use the Silicone pad and Impressions pad when using a Sizzix (SU) Texturz plate in the Cuttlebug?

And is the Crease pad too wide for the Cuttlebug?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #439  
Inking Addict

I was also wondering this.

Helen

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccreativeView Post
I've checked the chart (wonderful resource!) and skimmed through the entire thread, but am still unsure about this question.

Do I have to use the Silicone pad and Impressions pad when using a Sizzix (SU) Texturz plate in the Cuttlebug?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #440  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccreativeView Post

Thanks so much!
hi Kathleen - glad you found this thread!

i don't own any sizzix, so the info i'm sharing here is what i found elsewhere on the web and have learned from other postings.
"This impressions pad measures 8 7/8" x 5 7/8" x 1/8" and precisely compensates for the proper pressure and height required for pressing thin material surfaces such as paper, cardstock and foil to make a lasting impression. For added versatility, use Impressions Pad and Silicone Rubber to emboss with any metal stencil."
i think, you'd just use the impressions pad for embossing in the cuttlebug with your sizzix texturz plates; i'm not sure what the extra silicone pad is for...
the cuttlebug "mouth" is approximately 6" wide... so, it looks to me like it would be a tight fit, but i couldn't say for sure.

hth