Getting over the blank-page hurdle is often the hardest part of being creative. By participating in the inspiration challenge you will exercise your “getting started” brain power. With every challenge, you will stretch your thinking and hopefully learn to find unexpected inspiration in the world around you. Each week, on Saturday, I will post an inspiration piece – this could be a magazine ad, artwork, clothing, etc. Your challenge is to draw inspiration from the item and create a project – a card, a scrapbook page, a 3D item, or anything really. Your inspiration could come from the colors, layout, or theme of the item.
How it Works
- A new challenge will be posted every Saturday
morning. There is no time limit; this is not a contest and no prizes will be awarded. And don't forget to check out past challenges and upload cards you've made from them.
- Check out the inspiration piece and get inspiration from it. You do *not* need to recreate the piece - let your creative juices run wild!
Feel free to change the colors, adjust the layout, or pick a different theme -- this is all up to your own interpretation! There are no rules!
- This challenge is all about fun. I will give no critism about how you interpreted the inspiration piece (actually I like the long stretches because it helps demonstrate that you can get just the 'kick' you need from anything around you even if it ends up totally different than how you expected).
- Please place the challenge code in the keyword field when posting your card. This will make it easier to find all the cards for the same challenge. The codes are ICXX where XX is the challenge number, for instance: IC01.
- If you are not a Fan Club member, please help the SCS gallery moderators by not posting on Sunday. If you create your project and don't get it loaded before Sunday, either attach it to your post on the challenge thread or wait until Monday. Thank you!!
- Here are some hints & tips when posting your image
- If you want to be notified when a new challenge is posted, subscribe to the Master List
. Did you know that you can subscribe to a thread without posting? Well you can, simply click the "Thread Tools" drop down menu (in the grey bar just above the first post in a thead, and select "Subscribe".
- If you get an idea for an inspiration piece, please tell me about it!