Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/)
-   -   HYCCT1306 Many Colors of Cancer Chat Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/hycct1306-many-colors-cancer-chat-thread-t579219.html)

Scraperwannabe 09-23-2013 09:19 AM

HYCCT1306 Many Colors of Cancer Chat Thread

6 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Many Colors of Cancer
Hostess: Misti, aka Scraperwannabe
Keyword: HYCCT1306
Date: Sunday, October 6th, 2013

Many Colors of Cancer
Many of us have a loved one or friend that has been affected by cancer. Choose one of the colors of cancer from THIS Site & use it on your project. Feel free to use more than one color combo on your project, if you have more than one person going through a cancer battle. In your description, let us know why you choose the color(s) you did.

Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

ohmypaper! 10-06-2013 05:01 AM

Great challenge! Going to go get bfast started and think on this one! Kind of leaning towards the black.

stamp_momma 10-06-2013 05:05 AM

Great challenge today, Misti! Thank you so much for hosting! I loved this idea! Here's my card!

Each Day is a Gift

mrslaird 10-06-2013 05:08 AM

Love this, Misti!

muscrat 10-06-2013 05:10 AM

I didn't realize there were so many colors representing the different cancers! I chose orange for kidney cancer since my SIL lost a kidney this summer to the dreaded disease. She is doing well, and I am thankful for the improvements in medicine and surgeries today! HYCCT1306 Because I Care by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muzbysmom 10-06-2013 05:28 AM

I fortunately know no one going through a cancer struggle at this time! I do have a girlfriend who's in remission from Breast Cancer and my mother passed away years ago from an inoperable cancerous lung tumor. Guess I'll go look up the colors for those.....

Scraperwannabe 10-06-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 20362365)
I didn't realize there were so many colors representing the different cancers! I chose orange for kidney cancer since my SIL lost a kidney this summer to the dreaded disease. She is doing well, and I am thankful for the improvements in medicine and surgeries today! HYCCT1306 Because I Care by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I didn't either until a couple of years ago & our church had us wear a color representing cancer & gave a whole long list.

Edna15 10-06-2013 06:16 AM

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t561903.html

peeps321 10-06-2013 06:19 AM

Great idea for a challenge. I didn't know about all the different colors either. Here's my card:

For Mom

Edna15 10-06-2013 06:28 AM

And here is my card... Thinking of the Care Givers

HYCCT1306 Thinking of the Care Givers by Edna15 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

coffeestamper 10-06-2013 07:04 AM

Great challenge...many colors of cancer~
Here is mine breast cancer has effected several of my closest friends and relatives~
HYCCT1306-MANY COLORS! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 10-06-2013 07:38 AM

HYCCT1306 W is for Wonderful

This card is in tribute to the members of our extended family who have died from colon cancer (blue), ovarian cancer (teal), testicular cancer (lilac)and breast cancer (pink). I am very thankful for the treatments and research being done to stamp out cancers, and both my children are planning to be doctors. Here's W is for Wonderful

LuvLee 10-06-2013 07:49 AM

I was also amazed....and so sad too....by all the colors and types of cancers! I chose teal and pink which is for the type of breast cancer that is genetic/inherited.

Strength & Hope by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muzbysmom 10-06-2013 08:03 AM

Here's my mostly white card (signifying lung cancer) for today's challenge

LL's HYCCT1306 Color of Cancer by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 10-06-2013 08:14 AM

Really a GREAT CHALLENGE, Misti. I did a card in memory of my mother.

REMEMBERING

Crafty Math Chick 10-06-2013 08:30 AM

I love this challenge Misti - I am sure there are lots of other patients at that hospital suffering from other kinds of cancers and their families appreciate the support too! <3

justwritedesigns 10-06-2013 08:54 AM

Wonderful, meaningful challenge, Misti! Here's my Little Town of Bethlehem . Thanks so much for looking!

nines 10-06-2013 09:08 AM

Here is my card for this HYCCT1306 Many Colors of Cancer.

naturecoastcrafter 10-06-2013 10:01 AM

Enjoyed making this card today and thinking about my brother:

Dan's Shirt by naturecoastcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

suen 10-06-2013 11:03 AM

Thanks for the challenge, Misti! Here's mine.

HYCCT1006 Lavender Christmas by suen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LittleSeaOtter 10-06-2013 11:28 AM

This challenge means a lot to me. I lost two friends to pancreatic cancer within the past year. I miss them every day.

Dream of a Cure

Ksnurse 10-06-2013 11:39 AM

Great challenge Misti....I used lavender as I've had many family members with many different types of cancer....

Seize the Day by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Greywolf 10-06-2013 11:42 AM

I am also surprised by the numerous colors for the various types of cancer. It will be difficult to make a decision as I know several people actively dealing with cancer now. A friend just had surgery for colon cancer, one is getting treatments for lymphoma, several have breast cancer, and my deceased brother had esophageal cancer.

I've been to church, two S.S. classes, and had lunch. It is now time for a nap. I'll "sleep" on this and make a card later.

allee's 10-06-2013 11:48 AM

My burgundy hydrangeas were stamped to honor my mother-in-law who passed from multiple myeloma.

So Loved

mrslaird 10-06-2013 12:10 PM

Here's mine! I used two for cancers we've lost close loved ones to, ovarian and lung cancer, and one that I blissfully have not encountered personally - childhood cancer - but I recently read an article about how little awareness it has.

HYCCT1306 Teal Roses by mrslaird - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'd like to make some cards for cancers that our extended family has survived - bladder, breast, melanoma, prostate, etc - but that will have to be later in the month! :)

Thanks for the great challenge, Misti!

Dockside 10-06-2013 12:47 PM

Teal for Ovarian

Here is my card featuring teal for ovarian cancer. Quite a rainbow for this miserable disease!

HYCCT1306 Teal Tea by Dockside - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 10-06-2013 01:04 PM

I made my card I will upload later. Thanks hotwheels

terry serman 10-06-2013 01:16 PM

here's mine:
HYCCT1306 Color of Cancer Dark Blue by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 10-06-2013 01:26 PM

Thanks for a wonderful challenge today. I used white for lung cancer.

White

ohmypaper! 10-06-2013 02:36 PM

Misti, thanks for the challenge. Great site you sent us to. I learned several things.

Here is my: Black Ribbon, Black Doily

catdidit 10-06-2013 02:38 PM

this was a fun challenge Misti! Thanks! Here is my card, also for the FS challenge:

Many colors

TexasGrammy 10-06-2013 03:06 PM

I really enjoyed your challenge, Misti! And was also glad to have a quiet day here to stamp & enjoy. ;)

Here's my card!

Love You!

hskelly 10-06-2013 03:48 PM

Here is my Courage and Faith card.

Scraperwannabe 10-06-2013 03:51 PM

You have all ROCKED this challenge! So many sweet tributes to friends & family members. Your stories have brought tears to my eyes more than once!

Adelle 10-06-2013 04:03 PM

I chose light blue for prostate cancer and my uncle. Here's my card

HYCCT1306 Snow Angel by Adelle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Stamperrobin 10-06-2013 04:49 PM

Here is my card for today's challenge
HYCCT1306 ALL COLOR by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

philsmom 10-06-2013 05:03 PM

Here is my card

Greywolf 10-06-2013 05:41 PM

Thanks for this challenge Misti. I got to try a new (for me) technique! It looks better IRL, and I'll use this technique again.

Colored Vellum

StampinAK 10-06-2013 05:55 PM

Fun challenge, Misti! I focused on pink in keeping with October's Breast Cancer Awareness:
HYCCT1306 Pink Magnolia by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

octoberbabe 10-06-2013 06:28 PM

Wow Misti, I never knew there were THAT many colors for cancer. I learned something new today. I chose bright blue, the color of colon cancer, as my dear sister-in-law just succumbed from this dreadful disease. Here's my card:

HYCCT1306 Blue Hope by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers