Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/)
-   -   HYCCT1302 - Hope You Have a Great Day! Chat Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/hycct1302-hope-you-have-great-day-chat-thread-t579074.html)

Jeanne S 09-23-2013 08:43 AM

HYCCT1302 - Hope You Have a Great Day! Chat Thread

8 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Hope You Have a Great Day!
Hostess: Jeanne S aka Jeanne
Keyword: HYCCT1302
Date: Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013

Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to be back this year hosting a challenge for this wonderful event!

My challenge to you is to make a card that will put a smile on someone's face. It can be a fun sentiment, a silly image or maybe some bright colors. What ever you think would make person happy when they opened up the envelope.

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!

Thanks to Lydia, Dina, Kelli Jo, Lee, Kathleen & Edna for the great samples!

mrslaird 10-02-2013 04:36 AM

The samples are rocking! How could those cards not make you happy?! Love this challenge, Jeanne! :)

muscrat 10-02-2013 05:15 AM

Love the samples! Hope I can do half as well!!

Jeanne S 10-02-2013 05:16 AM

The girls knocked it out of the park with their samples for sure!

muzbysmom 10-02-2013 05:37 AM

Good morning ladies! Great challenge! My craft room is torn up today. Putting in new flooring. Will play catch up tomorrow or Friday. Glad I still have Internet access with my smart phone! I'll be able to check out everyone else's creations!

Angie.Lindeen 10-02-2013 05:45 AM

Such a happy challenge! What a motivational way to get through the day at work - thinking about a happy card makes a happy day!

Greywolf 10-02-2013 05:46 AM

Oh happy day! Everyday should be a good day. I should be able to make a card for this challenge without any problem. Be back later.

Edna15 10-02-2013 05:57 AM

And if you are Australian and playing along here is a link to an option for where to send your cards locally.... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t561903.html

Edna15 10-02-2013 05:58 AM

And... here is my card which I called Good Day My Friend!

HYCCT1302 Good Day My Friend by Edna15 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

coffeestamper 10-02-2013 06:07 AM

This sure did make me smile...great challenge Jeanne~
THIS SURE DID MAKE ME SMILE! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sadiejane929 10-02-2013 06:15 AM

Went into my stamping area and WOW! Did I ever leave a mess yesterday! Had to do some serious cleaning before I could do today's challenge. I did take some time today to tidy up before I left.
Here is my card for this challenge.

HYCCT1302 - Sprinkles-sj929 by sadiejane929 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

allee's 10-02-2013 06:17 AM

Love to smile! Great challenge, Jeanne!

Here is my card: How Sweet It Is

stampingout 10-02-2013 06:19 AM

Here is my card!

HYCCT1302-Bubbly Ways! by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 10-02-2013 06:20 AM

Here's my silly card...thanks for looking!

You're My Favorite

Jeanne S 10-02-2013 06:29 AM

You guys are busy already! My internet has the hiccups today and I keep fighting with it to get back in here.

raduse 10-02-2013 06:33 AM

Awesome samples ladies!!! Jeanne, I love that avtar - too cute!

muscrat 10-02-2013 07:08 AM

Finally got mine done. Smile by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

T. Joy 10-02-2013 07:56 AM

Here's mine!

HYCCT1302 - Ducky by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Zehra 10-02-2013 08:00 AM

wow, awesome challenge. I have done my three from yesterday, hopefully i will be able to upload them tonite, will work on this tonite.

Greywolf 10-02-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear (Post 20357686)
here is mine:

You've Been In My Thoughts Fairy

as I have been going through my own cancer battle, it's been nice to get cards sometimes from people that are just reminders I haven't been forgotten. I can't leave my house much anymore and don't do things I used to do. my life as I use to know it has changed so drastically. some days people with a serious illness just need to know that someone is thinking about them, if only for a brief moment. that alone is enough to bring a big smile and make the day much, much brighter! :)

Thank you Jennifer for sharing that. The Card Ministry sends cards to several cancer patients & survivors in our church. I imagine they feel the same way about getting the cards, so you encouraged me on their behalf. Thanks!

Greywolf 10-02-2013 08:41 AM

Mine didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it, but I hope it will cause the recipient to smile.

Smiles

bensarmom 10-02-2013 08:50 AM

Here's my card Jeanne. Loved this challenge!

T. Joy 10-02-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

here is mine:

as I have been going through my own cancer battle, it's been nice to get cards sometimes from people that are just reminders I haven't been forgotten. I can't leave my house much anymore and don't do things I used to do. my life as I use to know it has changed so drastically. some days people with a serious illness just need to know that someone is thinking about them, if only for a brief moment. that alone is enough to bring a big smile and make the day much, much brighter! :)

That is SO helpful! Sometimes I don't know what to say or write, so I don't do anything at all. Thanks for sharing that even a little thought goes a long way!!

mrslaird 10-02-2013 09:16 AM

Here is my card. HYCCT1302 Perk Up by mrslaird - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mrslaird 10-02-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

here is mine:

Jennifer, thank you for sharing! This is strengthening my resolve to send more cards even if I only say hi inside.

Clownmom 10-02-2013 09:33 AM

Great challenge for HYCCT, Jeanne. Here's my card:

Bee Positive

CAKath 10-02-2013 10:06 AM

Just peeking into the thread and see lots of fun activity here. The samples really rock! I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this challenge. Great idea, Jeanne. I know the patients deserve a reason to smile.

catdidit 10-02-2013 10:25 AM

Fun challenge Jeanne! I made two, because one involves no stamping and I always think thats kinda cheating, haha! :D Here they are:

No stamping one

Oh Happy Day!

Cook22 10-02-2013 11:22 AM

Here's mine. Could be a birthday card but it doesn't have to be, so I don't think I'll put a sentiment on the inside.
HYCCT1302 Party in the Nest

Even at 5 in the afternoon there was no daylight left for a decent photo :(.

philsmom 10-02-2013 12:02 PM

Here's mine in honor of Mallomars being back on the shelves. For those not familiar with Nabisco's Mallomars they are round graham crackers topped with a marshmallow and covered in dark chocolate. Because the chocolate is good quality chocolate, they cannot be shipped in the warm weather.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...QW4z8s6WU_LLnQ

It's Ree 10-02-2013 12:19 PM

Here is my card .
I LOVE humorous stamps and have many. Thanks for the great challenge!

Zehra 10-02-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

here is mine:

Thank u for sharing, it nice to know that one can be remembered by a small gesture

hskelly 10-02-2013 02:00 PM

Here is my Sending You a Pocketful of Sunshine .

UnderstandBlue 10-02-2013 02:35 PM

Here's mine Jeanne! :)

HYCCT1302 Happy Day by UnderstandBlue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

simplybeautiful 10-02-2013 02:52 PM

love this happy challenge! Here is my CARD

tessaduck 10-02-2013 03:47 PM

A hunky cowboy would certainly make me smile...

HYCCT1302 yee haw by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sadiejane929 10-02-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

here is mine:

As someone who has fought their own battle with cancer, I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and am sending warm wishes your way!

jodylb 10-02-2013 05:37 PM

Finally getting mine posted:

Kitty Bearing Gift by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampinAK 10-02-2013 05:58 PM

Fun challenge, Jeanne! Here's my card:
HYCCT1302 - You're Swell by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers