Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/)
-   -   Hope You Can Cling To FAQ (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/hope-you-can-cling-faq-t559689.html)

UnderstandBlue 08-21-2012 11:15 AM

Hope You Can Cling To FAQ

Got questions? We may have answered them here!

Q: Can I use embellishments and glitter on the cards I send to MD Anderson?
A: Yes - bling makes the world go around! :smile:

Q: If I don't have clear envelopes can I put my cards in ziploc bags?
A: Absolutely!

Q: Should I leave my cards blank or write in them?
A: You can send blank ones for the families to use, write a note in some for the patients, or send blank cards with a note on a post-it inside - it's up to you!

Q: I don't see my card in the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - what do I do?
A: Click on your card, choose Edit Photo and check the category - make sure it says "Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Gallery 2012". Change the category in the drop down if you need to. Then check your keywords. If you need to change your keyword - it will take about 15 minutes to show up in the gallery after a change.

Q: Should I save all my cards until the end of the challenge and mail them all at once, or mail them as I make them?
A: The MOST important part of this campaign is actually mailing your cards to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. (Mailing instructions in each challenge). If you can spare the postage, it would be wonderful to have them receive cards throughout October, but if you'd like to send a bundle or two, that's fine too! We will have our partner at MD Anderson do special prize drawings from the cards she receives, so it is important to mail them in a timely manner! These cards brought great joy to the patients at the center last year, and we are so grateful for you sharing your art for such a great cause. If you are outside the US and mailing your cards is cost prohibitive, we would love it if you would donate your cards to a similar organization in your area.

Q: Where is the list of prizes?
A: In the Prize Thread (link to come)

Q: Where do prize drawings take place?
A: In the Chat thread (link to come)

Q: What is the deadline for having all my challenge cards uploaded?
A: November 7th at 11:59 PM, CST

Q: When do the prize drawings start?
A: We have to check the participants' totals and put them together into a magic drawing machine, so we will begin drawing prizes (if all goes well) on the morning of November 9th! There are a LOT of prizes, and so the prize drawings are spread out over several days.

Q: where are winners' names posted?
A: In the Prize Winners Thread (link to come)

Q: What do I do if I win a prize?
A: Update your user profile with your current email address no later than November 15th at Noon Central time, or you will forfeit your prize :) You do NOT need to notify me that you have done this - I will just go straight to your user profile on November 15th and get the info, so just update it and save it and you'll be fine :).

Q: It says I can't combine challenges - can I combine HYCCT challenges with other Splitcoast or off-site challenges?
A: Absolutely! Our rule means that you can't combine Hope You Can Cling To challenges - you need to make a separate card for each challenge. However, if you want to use your challenge card for one of our daily challenges, etc. that is completely fine! Our goal is to encourage people to make as many individual cards as possible this month for the patients at MD Anderson!

Jacque3125 09-18-2012 01:24 PM

Can I put my cards in PTI clear boxes?

jodylb 09-28-2012 03:35 PM

This will be my first HYCCT challenge and I'm a little confused. Can we include the regular envelopes with our cards so they are available for the patients to use? And just bundle several cards in a ZipLock, or each in an individual bag?
I'm getting excited too. Made all my needed cards til the end of the year (except Christmas) right after DTGD, then started on Christmas cards. Time for a change!

UnderstandBlue 09-28-2012 05:19 PM

Yay! Welcome Jody!

Ideally each card would have both an envelope and a clear jacket of some sort - preferably clear envelopes or something less bulky than a ziploc.

This is so that the patients and their families can flip through the basket of thousands of cards without damaging them :) But just do what you can and what is economically feasible for you. The most important part is sending this paper joy to the hospital :)

I'm so glad you will be playing with us - you are going to have SO much fun with us!!

berlycece 09-29-2012 03:18 PM

I have hardly stamped for the last 2 months...so incredibly busy at work and tired afterwards

BUT this is a fresh incentive for me! I have friends and family members who have battled with breast cancer...some sadly lost their fight.

Time to round up my pink supplies!

stinkincute 09-30-2012 05:39 PM

I know you can't combine challenges within HYCCT, but can you combine with challenges outside of SCS, like company sketch challenges?

UnderstandBlue 09-30-2012 05:58 PM

Of course - you may combine a HYCCT challenge with any other challenge you'd like as long as it's not an HYCCT challenge!

Ksnurse 09-30-2012 06:44 PM

store brand sandwich baggies are the right size even for the 4x6 cards and are a thinner ml plastic than zip-loc brand so don't add as much bulk....and bonus=much cheaper....for those that don't have access to clear card bags.

stinkincute 09-30-2012 06:48 PM

Thanks Sheri! I didn't know to order bags ahead so I'll go that route.

togrady 09-30-2012 08:20 PM

This is probably a silly question, but I am trying to get my brain in the right mode. Who gets these cards? Do they go to visitors who then give them to patients? So the patients choose from the basket and send them to their loves ones? Do they just go straight to the patients to keep? I tried looking through some of the gallery but it isn't obvious to me.

I guess the biggest issue with this is sentiments. Are they all support statements or are some birthday or thank you or whatever (like OWH)? Thanks!

UnderstandBlue 09-30-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by togrady (Post 19720500)
This is probably a silly question, but I am trying to get my brain in the right mode. Who gets these cards? Do they go to visitors who then give them to patients? So the patients choose from the basket and send them to their loves ones? Do they just go straight to the patients to keep? I tried looking through some of the gallery but it isn't obvious to me.

I guess the biggest issue with this is sentiments. Are they all support statements or are some birthday or thank you or whatever (like OWH)? Thanks!

All of the above. Families visiting can choose cards, patients can choose cards to send to loved ones, etc. So any and all sentiments are ok - the patients and their families are both using them as they like.

Dhat10 10-01-2012 05:04 AM

Can we send cards other than those made for the challenges? I have a bunch of general cards that I would like to send in with my challenge cards.

Is there a size requirement? Do the cards need to be sizes that could me mailed by post? I'm thinking of square cards that would require more postage to mail.

Thank you much,
Debby

UnderstandBlue 10-01-2012 05:09 AM

You can absolutely send other cards, and size doesn't matter! :)

etsdas 10-01-2012 09:15 AM

Sorry, I am suffering from CRS as well as overload! I see the great list of prize donors - WOW! Are they all given out at the end of the month, or at different times throughout?

UnderstandBlue 10-01-2012 09:16 AM

hee hee.....

The prizes are all drawn at the end, but that's not to say we don't like to surprise people every now and then :)

Soozie4Him 10-01-2012 06:05 PM

Lydia, could you explain the envelope thing? I have the SU clear envies, but I don't think the card and a paper envelope would fit in the same clear envie. Am I missing something?.

UnderstandBlue 10-01-2012 06:21 PM

They do! :) I package them that way all the time for craft fairs :)

The clear envelope is to protect the card as hundreds of patients and family members will be looking through the baskets of cards :)

Zehra 10-02-2012 08:38 AM

i saw four challenges in all, will there be more challenges?

UnderstandBlue 10-02-2012 08:48 AM

There's a challenge each day in October :) There were two bonus challenges the first day, and another bonus challenge at the halfway point :) So a total of 34!

JBgreendawn 10-03-2012 06:48 PM

Okay I will toss mine in, since no one else has asked. I have been sick so I am behind and just started mine tonight and I think they are OK as far as I have clear boxes for lumpy cards and such but, are we supposed to sign the backs of these cards?

(because, I signed mine and then thought oh no I don't remember reading that part)

dini 10-04-2012 03:53 AM

I always stamp or sign the back - that is fine, and I think it adds a personal touch - not that we really want recognition, but it lets someone know that a real person spent time to encourage them. I have a stamp that has my blog address on it, and last year I had someone email me to let me know how our cards were being used. That meant so much!

eggette 10-04-2012 04:57 AM

No coffee yet this morning, so there may be an obvious answer to this question BUT,......when we send our cards - will they know they are from Splitcoaststampers HYCCT challengers? I am thinking we should probably put a note in our parcel of cards........not sure.....

UnderstandBlue 10-04-2012 05:32 AM

Maggi knows, but feel free to send a note.

mrslaird 10-04-2012 06:52 AM

If I wanted to make something extra - a bookmark or something similar - can I and would I just put it in a plastic baggie?

UnderstandBlue 10-04-2012 07:29 AM

Sure Paula!

cveneruso 10-04-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 19722964)
They do! :) I package them that way all the time for craft fairs :)

The clear envelope is to protect the card as hundreds of patients and family members will be looking through the baskets of cards :)

I thought SU stopped selling them, I didn't see them last time I looked and would love to get some. Do you know any sources for them, I have some vellum envies but would like the clear ones too.
I think I'll try putting them in clear candy bags. I think I have them somewhere, if not I know I can pick them up cheap at the craft store.

UnderstandBlue 10-04-2012 08:45 AM

We still sell them - but people are having a hard time finding them in the catty - hard to make a clear envy stand out in a photo :). They are at the top of p 160

sue28 10-05-2012 07:35 PM

Hi Lydia,

I uploaded my first card for these challenges yesterday - Show Your Style but I don't see it in the HYCCT gallery? What didn't I do correctly???

Sue :confused:

UnderstandBlue 10-05-2012 07:43 PM

WOWZA Sue it's gorgeous!!

What happened was you chose Fabulous Florets for the category. You need to choose the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge gallery for the category. But you can fix it! :)

Click on the photo, then click edit photo. You'll see the option for category below the description. Click the dropdown and choose the challenge gallery then hit submit. Wait about 15 minutes for it to sync up! :)

sue28 10-05-2012 07:47 PM

Thanks, Lydia - that makes a lot of sense!!! Silly me!!!

Sue :p

allee's 10-06-2012 10:26 AM

It seems like in the past there was a statement about no religious cards. I don't see that this year. Is it all right to include cards that mention prayer or include a scripture?

nurse11349 10-06-2012 01:23 PM

Posting for the challenges

I just posted 6 cards for the challenges. All 6 show up in the 2012 gallery for the Hope challenges but only one of them linked to the individual challenge. Not sure what else to do unless it is just something still being done behind the scenes. Got emails that they uploaded.

Cook22 10-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurse11349 (Post 19733799)
I just posted 6 cards for the challenges. All 6 show up in the 2012 gallery for the Hope challenges but only one of them linked to the individual challenge. Not sure what else to do unless it is just something still being done behind the scenes. Got emails that they uploaded.

You need to enter the keyword for each challenge into the keyword field when you're uploading for them to show in the individual challenge galleries :D. You should be able to go back into your uploads and edit them. They'll go through the approval queue again, and it may take a short while for you to actually see the updated edits.
Your shaving-cream technique one is gorgeous - what a great idea for Beate's challenge. So for that one you'd need to enter HYCCT1201C into the keyword field.

UnderstandBlue 10-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurse11349 (Post 19733799)

Did you include the challenge keyword in the keyword field? Those do take about 15 minutes to sync up so if you did that just check back and they should be good. If you don't see them in the challenge galleries after that, check your keyword, make sure it's correct and make sure keywords are comma separated like this: HYCCT1203, SUO, CAS etc.

UnderstandBlue 10-06-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee's (Post 19733510)
It seems like in the past there was a statement about no religious cards. I don't see that this year. Is it all right to include cards that mention prayer or include a scripture?

Hi Lynn - that info is there this year - it's listed at the bottom of each challenge. :)

nurse11349 10-06-2012 01:41 PM

Thanks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 19733803)
You need to enter the keyword for each challenge into the keyword field when you're uploading for them to show in the individual challenge galleries :D. You should be able to go back into your uploads and edit them. They'll go through the approval queue again, and it may take a short while for you to actually see the updated edits.
Your shaving-cream technique one is gorgeous - what a great idea for Beate's challenge. So for that one you'd need to enter HYCCT1201C into the keyword field.

I went back and put the info in the keyword area. But odd that the one that did link did not have it filled in. Must have been a ghost....I filled it in anyway.
And thanks for the comment on my shaving cream card.

nurse11349 10-06-2012 01:47 PM

Last year I thought I remembered that we could not use any stamps of religious nature. Like with any reference to God on them. I don't see that in the rules this year. Does that still apply? There are some really nice serenity type stamp verses.

UnderstandBlue 10-06-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurse11349 (Post 19733838)
Last year I thought I remembered that we could not use any stamps of religious nature. Like with any reference to God on them. I don't see that in the rules this year. Does that still apply? There are some really nice serenity type stamp verses.

See post 35 :)

nurse11349 10-06-2012 02:01 PM

Thanks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 19733847)
See post 35 :)

I missed that statement. Those poor Texans, lol.....

UnderstandBlue 10-06-2012 02:05 PM

I'm a Texan :)

It's part of the state university system - an arm of the University of Texas, so that is the reason for the rule.