Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Stop and Smell the Roses
Hostess: Stamp_Momma (Lori)
Date: October 31st, 2015
The last day of Hope You Can Cling To, and what a ride it's been. Standing ovation to all of our friends, designers, community... you have been AMAZING THIS YEAR, and I can't wait to see what you do with my final challenge!
Don't forget to mail your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families!
My last challenge this year is a reminder, even during difficult and hard times, stop and smell the roses! Some days it might be the smallest bit of joy that you can even image, but to someone else it's a huge hug.
That's what each of us who shares a card with the cancer center (either the MD Anderson Cancer Center or your local cancer center!) does... It's a gift that gets given over and over: we share with the Splitcoast community, share with the MD Anderson staff, share with the cancer patient or the family who choose your card and share with the recipient when it's finally moved along with it's message of love and hope!
My challenge to you is a call to include roses on your card! Images, paper or embellishments! The choice is yours! I chose to use yellow roses because they always warm my heart, even during hard times.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!
Location: shhhh! I've gone to secret sisterland...
So, I finished and uploaded my card for this challenge...and forgot to include it in the proper galleries. I tried to go back and edit it, to put it in the HYCCYT galleries, but was unsuccessful. Can anyone help?? Thanks. Here's the card:
What a great challenge for the end of our HYCCT 2015 journey! I used a fussy cut roses image I have saved for a special card- and added a floral background, along with a purple and pink block- thanks to my stamping buddies. Sentiment comes from Thank you for being You set from SU. Here's HYCCT1531A Thank You Roses
__________________ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King