Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
HYCCT1528 Rainbows - the Promise of a Better Tomorrow Chat Thread
Challenge Title: RAINBOWS - The Promise of a Better Tomorrow
Hostess: rgrohall Rebecca Grohall
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Rainbows speak directly to the heart and soul. They are a visual reminder to us of the promise of a better tomorrow. References to the rainbow as a promise are found in the Bible (after the flood) but rainbows are universal. They are found in all cultures and religions - including Native American, Celtic, Buddhist, and Hindu. Rainbows can represent many things: life, hope, divinity, promise, creation, potential, provision, harmony, and connection (to name a few!).
So, your challenge is to make a card with a rainbow, or use a rainbow of color (think ROY G BIV), the rainbow can be made with ink, paper, ribbon, rhinestones, etc.
The technique I used is "striped wipe" - there is a Splitcoast tutorial, and I like to use a binder clip (instead of my fingers) to hold the towellette together. Dye Ink Reinker Card Pattern Tutorial by Beate Johns. There is TONS of inspiration in the gallery too!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE <--- just click
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE <--- just click
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE<--- just click
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Special thanks to my sample makers! Look at all of that goodness!
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King