Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: You are My Superhero
Hostess: Fantastic Four: mamaxsix (Gail), fionna51 (Diane), annsforte3 (Ann), jacqueline (Jacqueline)
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Every woman needs a superhero, someone who encourages a continuing detection plan, helps them get past the shock if diagnosed, and provides the extra strength as treatment progresses. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. They can be those fighting for us as caregivers and supporters, or they might be healthcare workers on the front line of the battle. Whether they are involved in genetic counseling, in trying to find the greatest risk factors, in studying familial traits, in the research for the best cures, in the process of reconstruction for women who have had mastectomies, or in areas I don't even know about...they are all heroes to us, who live with the risk of this life-threatening cancer.
We want to honor those heroes! So your challenge is to make a card with a superhero theme. Use a superhero image...or a WHAM! or POW! or ZAP! or SHAZAM!
Have fun with our challenge and remember that the most important part of this challenge is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
Bless you for being a part of this event. All of us appreciate you!!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you again for participating in this card drive, have a great day!!
Many, many thanks to all of our sample makers!!
VSN - HAPPY Hostess, I TREASURE YOU HOSTESS - 2015, Opposite Attract Hostess & Dog Days of Summer Hostess
Member Christmas Card Challenge 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 Hostess for the 2016 & 2017 CCC! Falliday Fest 2016 Hostess
Here is a really fun Superhero Pinterest Board with lots of fun ideas and printables.
Remember it's all about the spirit of the challenge so you can think outside the box to who might be a hero to you or to a cancer patient and family.
If you don't have just the right image for a super hero....think about using a superhero sentiment like, "You're My Hero" with an image of a nurse, soldier, mom, friend, or whatever. I have a Mom sentiment that says, "amazing, incredible one who does it all" that would work for this.
You could also choose to feature just a sentiment with no image. I believe in you guys....you've got this!