Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
My challenge to you is: RED and WHITE STRIPES.
Use red and white striped paper or stencil red and white stripes or use any other method you can think of to add red and white stripes to your project!
Years ago my older sister was a Candy Striper at our local hospital. She was a very responsible teen at the time and volunteered her time to care for other without having to be a nurse or doctor. They wore cute uniforms and did whatever they could for patients not requiring medical care. They were go-for's pillow plumpers, readers, water fillers...you get the picture. The main thing was, they were there, volunteering their time to help in whatever way they could to give comfort to patients.
We don't have Candy Stripers anymore but there are still plenty of people who volunteer their time.
Our card drive is a volunteering of time in a different way so get your red and white stripe on and go for it!
I can't wait to see what you do!
October is cancer awareness month and these cards are going to the cancer center MD Anderson.
Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
Bless your heart for being a part of this. We all so appreciate you!
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Blessings, Robin My Blog-InkMagination
Prov. 18:21 Speak life!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT; ODBD Design Team;
DRS Design Team;Designing for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps
Oh, my word! That was one of my very favorite books in Jr High and High School! I always thought that would be such a wonderful thing to do, but I lived in the country and the nearest hospital was 30 minutes away. I did learn a lot from that book, though, and others like it - was it Nurse Barton?? And they have helped me when I've had the opportunity to nurse others. What a great challenge!!
Super fun challenge Robin. I actually made another card for this challenge that I will get loaded tonight that is much more my "Shoe Girl" style. This one was a really quick card but it fits perfect for the challenge.
Had fun with this- had this wonderful mouse image with a silver dc frame on red paper from SCS Lisa- combined it with some Cosmo Cricket holiday dp in a zig zag pattern. Added some stitching and washi tape for my vertical border/spine. Finished with a magenta baker's twine bow. Here's HYCCT1520 Simple Pleasures
__________________ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas
I wore a Candy Striper's uniform when I volunteered in 7th grade but I worked in the little cafe at the hospital. So, I wasn't an official Candy Striper. I know my mom was one and she went on to become a nurse.
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King