Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: First Class - No extra postage
Hostess: DCinkit (Diane)
Date: October 9th, 2015
Welcome to the 9th day of Hope You Can Cling To. We are all delighted that you are here. The first year I participated in this campaign, I made and sent three cards. I told myself, it’s better than nothing and every little bit helps! The next year I vowed to double that number. I was having so much fun; I actually tripled it and sent 9 cards. Now, I took the plunge and I’m a first time hostess. Please consider jumping in or even wading in and join the challenge, the fun, and the camaraderie. There’s no wrong way to do the challenges. It’s your own expression and that makes it beautiful.
Just remember that the most important part of these challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
There are so many awesome and clever challenges that will inspire you!
Creating a card that is not bulky or heavy and does not need any extra postage to mail it is the goal. I mail cards to cancer patients as a volunteer. It really adds up if I have to put extra postage on my cards, so I like to keep the ones I’m sending out easy to mail with one stamp.
In keeping with the theme, as a bonus use a postal image, such as a mailbox, postage stamp, cancelled stamp, envelope, and so forth. You can add the extra “wow” with colors, techniques, minimal layers low profile embellishments, and so forth. I look forward to seeing what you create and all your clever ideas.
Let's make things easier for the patients and their loved ones.
My challenge to you is to make a card that does not need extra postage
and as a bonus use an image of something “postal”.
Thank you for sharing and caring by participating in Hope You Can Cling To card drive!
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Diane, this was such a fun challenge. I love trying to bring cards to life that I need to keep flat enough to mail. Adding the postage was just the right touch too. Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge. I look forward to seeing what others bring for this great challenge.
HOORAY!!!...a girl after my own heart. I don't like paying for extra postage...even have a postal scale at hand....no square cards, no thick cards. etc. Thanks for a challenge that fit right in with a card that I was making for today's other two challenges, Diane.
Diane- what a clever gal you are, coming up with this cool challenge. I had to hold myself back a bit with embellies to keep the weight down, but got some texture going with dry embossing and a simple pink tie. Adorable animals image come from my Bellingham stamp friends. Here's HYCCT1509 Sent With Love
__________________ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas
Back from the football game. The band sounded great and did a fabulous half-time show. They have their second competition tomorrow. The band rocked the first competition last weekend; hopefully they will do as well at this next one. Go band!
The football team rocked tonight; final score in their favor 36-10. Go team!
All the cards I saw today really rocked! I look forward to seeing more cards for the cause tomorrow. Go stampers! Go paper crafters!
I usually use this image on a square card because it's quite large - and over here, that wouldn't incur any extra postage .
But keeping to the spirit of the challenge, I kept away from squares so that even in the States there's no extra postage needed for this.