Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Add Some Strength
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Date: Thursday, October 8, 2015
Hello. Welcome to Day 8 of the ‘Hope You Can Cling To’ challenges! I am delighted to be hosting this event for the first time and so happy that you have joined us!
My neighbor is one of the kindest people you could ever meet and a breast cancer survivor. Her strength was apparent as she went through her treatments, but what is truly amazing is how much stronger she has become as a person now. She is a wife, mother, grandmother and friend to everyone.
So, with her awesome strength in mind, my challenge was formed!
My challenge is for you to use that beautiful, striking piece of card stock you just had to have for your background panel on your card. Now, here is the catch, strengthen that gorgeous beauty by adding embellishments, color, paper piecing, etc. Add any item that will enhance and strengthen that one piece of designer card stock!
My challenge: STRENGTHEN that one piece of designer paper that you are using for your background!!
Have fun with my challenge and remember that the most important part of this challenge is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
Bless you for being a part of this event. All of us appreciate you!!
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you again for participating in this card drive, have a great day!!
Many thanks to all of my fellow hostesses for provided such outstanding sample cards for my challenge!!
VSN - HAPPY Hostess, I TREASURE YOU HOSTESS - 2015, Opposite Attract Hostess & Dog Days of Summer Hostess
Member Christmas Card Challenge 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 Hostess for the 2016 & 2017 CCC! Falliday Fest 2016 Hostess
Ann the samples are amazing and this is great challenge! My husband just came home from a three day backpacking trip so I am not sure how much stamping I am going to get in but I have ideas rolling around in my head!!! Have fun today!
Great challenge, Ann- thanks! Added some sparkly trim and zig zag washi tape, along with coloring to my floral background. Thought an encouraging sentiment worked well here- here's HYCCT1508 Hooray For You!
__________________ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas
Ann, this is the best challenge. So many possibilities with all that designer paper collecting dust. I actually got two more cards from this paper. The same card, but it's some extra cards. It's always amazing the strength cancer patients have during the very trying journey. Thanks again, Ann. Here is my card.
This was one of THOSE cards. You think you have a simple idea, but it doesn't work out that way. I think the problem was the paper is just too pretty. No matter how I tried to enhance it, it didn't. So in the end, I just let the paper shine and added some ribbon to bring out the colors a little more and some rhinestones to make it sparkle. I even put the sentiment on vellum because I didn't want to cover it up -- and that came with its own set of problems. When I used my vellum glue it buckled and so then I tried adhesive and it shows. No matter. The paper is beautiful! Strong Leaves by casep - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers